Bluejay

Belfry, KY

#1 Sep 18, 2012
Should parents be held accountable for their overweight children? Its really sad to see overweight children in the community knowing that unless something is done about their weight their medical condition as adults could suffer terribly. Heart disease! Diabetes! Strokes! And so on. Its estimated that 17% of children in the US are overweight. Should the parents face penalties for neglecting their children's weight issues the same as if they neglect any other health problem?
Reader

Saint Albans, WV

#2 Sep 18, 2012
If you notice, a lot of overweight children have overweight parents. Not always, but I do believe this is the norm. I think parents should be responsible for the health care of their child, but the neglect doesn't show up until it is almost to late. what is the answer? Surely, not the government, Health and human resources, no, they are overworked already, trying to keep children in school, abuse, neglect, head lice, you name it. Big Brother is already here. Education, who knows. We need an answer and I don't have it.
Bluejay

Belfry, KY

#3 Sep 23, 2012
What's even worse to see are the overweight Mothers and Fathers with their children who are of normal weight. You just know that a few years of poor diet and nutrition and hundreds of hours in front of a television, those children are going to follow in their parent's footsteps.
asking

Williamson, WV

#4 Sep 23, 2012
well my kids over wg and takes med for her stomach and everything and it not fault so no i dont thank we should be in jaill
Bluejay

Belfry, KY

#5 Sep 24, 2012
asking wrote:
well my kids over wg and takes med for her stomach and everything and it not fault so no i dont thank we should be in jaill
Of course you shouldn't go to jail and when people are talking about childhood obesity, I don't think they have in mind children who are overweight as a result of medical conditions and treatment. I'm talking about poor diet and lack of excercise and parents need to step up to the bat a deal with the problem. And I'm not saying its an easy job either. As the parent of two boys, now grown, I know how difficult it is to steer clear of junk foods.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley white MCHS 7 hr Looking 3
Mike Maynard 9 hr Sunshine 1
who has a boob job.. 10 hr Lame 7
Are Keith, rod and Dill tincher related? 11 hr Yes 2
"Christian" Parents who do not pay child support 12 hr Lame 10
Nothing wrong with courthouse renovation 12 hr Ashamed to my hom... 6
News 9 building complaints received 19 hr wrong 2
More from around the web

Williamson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE