R.I.P Madison Ward
WestEndGirl

Ithaca, NY

#28 Mar 19, 2009
From what I've heard,(this is from the rumor mill), she was taking a bath, getting ready for school. She had a seizure in the tub and was under water for some time. From what I understand, they revived her and found no brain activity. She passed away shortly after.

A full article should be in the Williamson Daily News tomorrow.

Again, my heart goes out to these people.
so very tragic

Charleston, WV

#29 Mar 19, 2009
To answer the question of what happened, she was in the bathtub and had a seziure and drowned. The medics did get a pulse back, but she was put on a ventilator because she wasn't breathing. She was flown to another hospital from WMH, and was later pronounced brain dead - there was a story about it in the WDN, and something is suppose to be on the 11:00 p.m. WSAZ news tonight.
The entire community is praying for the family, and everyone is devastated by the news. Only someone who has lost a loved one that was young can truly understand the extent of their grief. Their family needs all the love, support, prayer and encouragement we can possibly give them. What a tragic day it has been for this little town. Rest in peace Madison....
MJLmama

Hurricane, WV

#30 Mar 19, 2009
Maddi was a beautiful lil gurl and will be missed by everyone in the community..i will miss her running up to the car to see me and ask me where my lil gurl is..this is worst thing that could ever happen to someone as alwways..but God has a purpose for everyone at sometime and he needed her to fill a space in Heaven...She is a darling child that everyone loved and she loved everyone as well..She is alright now and no longer has to deal with the pain and suffering on Earth..God Bless You Maddi and your family..you are all in my prayers...

Since: Mar 09

United States

#31 Mar 19, 2009
let us know wrote:
someone keeps ignoring 2 peoples questions as to what happened to her? please answer so everyone will know.
I don't think it is appropriate to post on here what happened out of respect of the family. Please, if you know her family or someone that is close to Maddi ask in private.

United States

#32 Mar 19, 2009
Please understand God does NOT do things like this...sometimes He ALLOWS situations in life to take it's course but in no way did God do this.

United States

#33 Mar 19, 2009
OUR OF RESPECT FOR THE FAMILY...people...PLEASE...the re is NO need to post on here the reason behind Maddi's death...this forum is to let the family know of our sympathies & condolences...and to let others know how sweet, vibrant and thoughtful she was.
MJLsmama

Hurricane, WV

#34 Mar 19, 2009
jbjmamaw wrote:
Please understand God does NOT do things like this...sometimes He ALLOWS situations in life to take it's course but in no way did God do this.
thats not the way that it was meant..i meant it as it was her time to go because GOD wanted her..
MyzzKinser

Scott Depot, WV

#35 Mar 19, 2009
Why God Takes Little Children

When God calls little children
to dwell with Him above,
We mortals sometimes question
the wisdom of His love.

For no heartache compares with,
the death of one small child.
Who does so much to make our world,
seem so wonderful and mild.

Perhaps God tires of calling
the aged to His fold.
So He picks a rosebud
before it can grow old.

God knows how much we need them,
and so He takes but few.
To make the land of heaven
more beautiful to view.

Believing this is difficult
still somehow we must try.
The saddest word mankind knows
will always be Good-bye.

So when a little child departs,
we who are left behind,
Must realize God loves children.
and ANGELS ARE HARD TO FIND!

Author Unknown

It's so hard to look outside and not see you, or hear that laugh. You will always be missed, and be in our hearts. RIP Maddison Paige....I love you Babygirl
ol timer

Reidville, SC

#36 Mar 19, 2009
jbjmamaw wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is appropriate to post on here what happened out of respect of the family. Please, if you know her family or someone that is close to Maddi ask in private.
like I said earlier, I was not trying to be callous or insensitive. I checked the daily news (WDN), called the very few people I still know in the area, and couldn't find any info. I just thought since this forum was about her, it would be an appropriate question to ask as to what happened. I am sorry if I upset anyone, that was not my intention. My heart breaks for this family. I hope God and their community embraces them in their time of need. It is truely a heartbreaking story.

United States

#37 Mar 20, 2009
ol timer wrote:
<quoted text>
like I said earlier, I was not trying to be callous or insensitive. I checked the daily news (WDN), called the very few people I still know in the area, and couldn't find any info. I just thought since this forum was about her, it would be an appropriate question to ask as to what happened. I am sorry if I upset anyone, that was not my intention. My heart breaks for this family. I hope God and their community embraces them in their time of need. It is truely a heartbreaking story.
I am sorry if I hurt your feelings, that was not my intentions. Our family (no blood relations to Maddi, just friends) is devastated and to have the circumstances repeated on here is like a stab in the heart. Like I said earlier, I wish you could have known her. You know, we meet people during the course of life and most of them will be forgotten, but not Maddi. That baby was like sunshine and in the short time we have known her (just a few years) she was a part of everyday living that we looked forward to and to have her gone makes us mad and hurt and left with unanswered feelings. I don't know how I will explain this to our grandbabies (kids absolutely LOVED this girl). I spent some time with her sister today and all we could do was hug each other & cry, because life can be cruel and can touch us in ways that will tear our heart out. This is the second death of a child in our close community in a few months. How, can someone tell me please, how do we explain to our babies & grandbabies that that sweet child will no longer be with us. I simply had no answers to Kinzie today when we talked. How do you help a child get over the devestation? We as adults seem to understand that although it feels like we will break apart with grief, we know time does help, but how do we explain that to a 10 year old, and to the toddlers that sweet girl loved? I just pray that God just takes over because I have no answers and as hurt and devestated I am, I can't even BEGIN to imagine what her family is going through. I have never lost a child, but have lost my Dad, and that in itself nearly killed me (nervous breakdown & all), so I can't understand what her parents and siblings and grandparents must be going through. It's hurts so bad that it makes me angry that that sweet baby had to leave this world so young! So, please pray, pray & pray some more. This baby touched so, so many lives with her goofy ol sunshine self. It was an honor that God saw fit to bless our lives with this sweet, crazy, goofy, friendly, warm, caring, loving, kind, generous, sweet, sweet little baby girl. Thank You God !
Prayer

Jacksonville, TX

#38 Mar 20, 2009
Miss Maddy was a bubbly, vibrant young girl. And she will deeply be missed by everyone. I know I loved her lil spunky attitude. To Her Family, You are in my prayers. Know God has a purpose for everything. Sometimes we may not understand why. But He knows. Trust and lean on him. For he is THE ONLY ONE who can help you through these rough times. He is the only one who can comfort you. I love you. And am yet praying for you.

And please for the families sake, lets try and keep this forum respectful. They (the family) have enough troubles at this time. God Bless!
JOHNSON

AOL

#39 Mar 20, 2009
R.I.P. MADISON AND MAY GOD WRAP HIS ARMS AROUND THE FAMILY IN THE TIME OF NEED..MAY WE ALL KEEP THEM IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS
Farah

Harold, KY

#40 Mar 20, 2009
I just got though reading this sad tragedy it made me cry even though i never knew the child or the family i to lost a child some time ago just remember she is a beautiful angel in heaven i will keep you all in my prayers GOD BLESS.

United States

#41 Mar 20, 2009
Farah wrote:
I just got though reading this sad tragedy it made me cry even though i never knew the child or the family i to lost a child some time ago just remember she is a beautiful angel in heaven i will keep you all in my prayers GOD BLESS.
Farah honey, I am so, so sorry you too lost a child. I can't even begin to imagine the heart wrenching hurt you must have felt. Yes, please keep this family and community in your prayers, because that sweet baby gave so much joy the short time she was here. I pray God keeps you uplifted and that you never, ever have to endure such a loss again! I also pray that God shows the light that is still there during this time of Maddi's passing!
des06

Winchester, KY

#42 Mar 20, 2009
Madison was probably one of the sweetest children I have ever known. There was never a time that she didn't run up and hug me and ask about my daughter. I didn't see her every day, but when I did, it was a blessing because her smile could light up the darkest of days. It's hard to say that she is gone, but she is definitely in the best place she could be. God is embracing her as we speak. But I know she's smiling down on every single person in her life;; and if she could, she would say to rejoice her life. She was a spunky, active, affectionate child that no one will ever forget. May God be with Kinzie and the rest of the family. I pray that God comforts them;; especially Kinzie. I never saw one without the other. Just pray and let them know you are there. It's the best comfort.

Williamson, Wv

#43 Mar 20, 2009
Madison babygurl you will be missed more than ever. Things will not be the same without you coming around almost daily to see the boys or pick on RJ, we all miss and love you so much.

Maddie was such a wonderful little gurl, you just have to have known her to realize what kind of change this will cause to the community and her friends, espically her sister Kenzie, we love you too babygirl.

just keep this family in your prayers...

United States

#44 Mar 21, 2009
Here is the link, re: funeral & visitation times:
http://www.hatfieldfc.com/
How more happy Heaven must be with your presence Maddi!
Area Firefighter

Ransom, KY

#45 Mar 21, 2009
let us know wrote:
someone keeps ignoring 2 peoples questions as to what happened to her? please answer so everyone will know.
I have not heard anything yet....i really dont know what happen to her...
Area Resident

Harold, KY

#46 Mar 21, 2009
Sorry for the families loss !!!!!!!
wvman

United States

#47 Mar 21, 2009
I did not know this little girl. I am a 62 year old man and the tears are still coming. Lets keep the family in our prayers and pray to God to make it as easy as possible for them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jimmy Diamond is cheating on his loven Steven... 14 min RMM 12
Williamson Drug Bust 10 hr Wrong 8
Crooked officials 10 hr True 2
crooked town 12 hr Lena 16
Victoria Courts 17 hr Bet a dolla 6
reward Sat Mes 2
new in town trying to score coke (Jul '15) Fri Mr in formative 13

Williamson Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance