mingo county school board

Posted in the Williamson Forum

First Prev
of 52
Next Last
susie

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 2, 2011
So did Nell Hatfield go from being a cook to director of personnel? And what is Steven [Cheetah} Marcum's educational background?
Rofl

Lenoir, NC

#2 Jul 2, 2011
susie wrote:
So did Nell Hatfield go from being a cook to director of personnel? And what is Steven [Cheetah} Marcum's educational background?
Mingo BOE = over paid jokers!
STR8SHUTER

Peach Creek, WV

#3 Jul 2, 2011
susie wrote:
To set you STR8. Nell Hatfield was never a cook. She has been in personnel for 25+ years and is not "on the board". She is an employee of the Mingo County Schools.

Mr. Marcum, who is actually an elected member "of the board" graduated from Tug Valley High School.
wannabe

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 2, 2011
tsk tsk i am so so sorry!
STR8SHUTER

Peach Creek, WV

#5 Jul 2, 2011
wannabe wrote:
tsk tsk i am so so sorry!
No need to be sorry. You asked a couple of questions, so I assumed you wanted answers.

Since: Nov 09

Huntington, WV

#6 Jul 3, 2011
Rofl wrote:
<quoted text>
Mingo BOE = over paid jokers!
Please explain why you feel that way. Your comment doesn't make any sense without an explanation.
Former Employee

United States

#7 Jul 3, 2011
STR8SHUTER wrote:
<quoted text>
To set you STR8. Nell Hatfield was never a cook. She has been in personnel for 25+ years and is not "on the board". She is an employee of the Mingo County Schools.
Mr. Marcum, who is actually an elected member "of the board" graduated from Tug Valley High School.
That is not right either. She was a librarian at Matewan High!
mouse

Saint David, ME

#8 Jul 3, 2011
wow
Big Ben

Mooresville, NC

#9 Jul 12, 2011
She hasn't been in the Bd.'s office 25 years. I think Pam Browning was there and Betty Barlet
Murray75

Whitman, WV

#10 Jul 21, 2011
Mr. Marcum is one of the best board members this county has ever had. He knows what's best in the kids' interest. Mr. Marcum is a graduate of TVHS and has more sense than Jackie Branch, Butch West, and Randy Keathley. People need to get over it and start caring for the kids. BTW, Nell Hatfield, that fat old moron, needs to retire. The state needs to step in and fire her. She's the reason why most of the good teachers in the county leave to work somewhere else because she wants her friends in the system.
STR8SHUTER

Peach Creek, WV

#11 Jul 21, 2011
Murray75 wrote:
Mr. Marcum is one of the best board members this county has ever had. He knows what's best in the kids' interest.
Please list one action taken by Mr Marcum in the past year that distinguishes him as "one of the best baord members this county has ever had."
STR8SHUTER

Peach Creek, WV

#12 Jul 21, 2011
Murray75 wrote:
The state needs to step in and fire her. She's the reason why most of the good teachers in the county leave to work somewhere else because she wants her friends in the system.
This is a rediculus statement. If there is a "good teacher" in the system they have seniority, and can not be forced to leave so that she can hire a "friend".
bad to the bone

Belfry, KY

#13 Jul 21, 2011
I think St8shuter is in the school system in fact real real interested in the big mistake on the mountain .
STR8SHUTER

Peach Creek, WV

#14 Jul 21, 2011
bad to the bone wrote:
I think St8shuter is in the school system in fact real real interested in the big mistake on the mountain .
Nope, not in the school system. Retired 18 months ago from private industry. Don't have to depend on anyone. What I am able to do is gather information, facts, what's real. Don't deal in the fantasy and speculation that many on here do. If ya don't like the new Mingo Central High School and wish failure on the children of Mingo County, that's your right. But you and some of your buds on topix like to post misinformation that can very easily be squashed.

Above a poster made a statement that one of the current BOE members is "one of the best ever" or something to that effect. I simply asked what action he has taken to put him in the category. Personally I don't know him, but I don't recall reading or hearing anything that would judtify that lofty ranking.
donna

Huntington, WV

#15 Jul 26, 2011
Will the state ever turn back mingo county boe to the public. the superintendent continues to be mingo county's joke to the state.
STR8SHUTER

Peach Creek, WV

#16 Jul 26, 2011
donna wrote:
Will the state ever turn back mingo county boe to the public. the superintendent continues to be mingo county's joke to the state.
Just how is the superintendent "mingo county's joke to the state"? Please explain.
nemesis

Mount Lookout, WV

#17 Jul 27, 2011
I don't understand the discussion of the "Board", when, in actuality, we have no "Board". They were removed, and an election was overturned by the State to pacify a group of developers who wanted to build on this mountain. I think it's time the MCRA published a list of the property owners on this mountain, so we can finally get to the truth, snd the taxpayers can find out who bamboozled them. This "mistake", built down in a hole on top of the mountain, will never be accepted by the people, because it was stuffed down their throats by the State.
brandi

New York, NY

#18 Jul 27, 2011
Because he is stupid and a puppet for the state.
diana

Charleston, WV

#19 Jul 27, 2011
The state will never let us go.
STR8SHUTER

Peach Creek, WV

#20 Jul 27, 2011
nemesis wrote:
I don't understand the discussion of the "Board", when, in actuality, we have no "Board". They were removed, and an election was overturned by the State to pacify a group of developers who wanted to build on this mountain. I think it's time the MCRA published a list of the property owners on this mountain, so we can finally get to the truth, snd the taxpayers can find out who bamboozled them. This "mistake", built down in a hole on top of the mountain, will never be accepted by the people, because it was stuffed down their throats by the State.
If you really want to know who the property owners are, the records are on file at the Mingo County Court House and are public records.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 52
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Jeremiah Jackson a good f _ c k? (Jun '13) 28 min OMG 9
City Hall Cow 11 hr Wilhelmina 10
Jarrod Fletcher Wants Job Back 21 hr DivaBiz 10
News Mingo 911 mapping fiasco Mon True 2
mingo county psd rate increase Mon diane 12
Ralphy West Mon diane 2
Ralph West (Nov '14) Sun like 6
More from around the web

Williamson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE