Who do you support for Governor in Oh...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#29017 May 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting post - especially that last paragraph. Mr. Butler changed his mind just as Obama took office.:
"I would find this more persuasive if there were evidence that the shift predated President Obama’s embrace of the policy. But in 2006, the Heritage Foundation supported Gov. Mitt Romney’s plan to pass an individual mandate in Massachusetts. The state of health-care policy knowledge on risk pools and automatic enrollment did not change very much between 2006 and 2009, and Romney’s mandate required only slightly less comprehensive insurance coverage than Obama’s mandate: a 56 percent actuarial value versus a 60 percent actuarial value, for those who want to get wonky about it."
the Hertiage Foundation's plan was scraped years ago but Obama wanted to use Romneycare to justify Obamacare and I knew people in Ultra Liberal Massachusetts who hated Romneycare and said you didnt want it on a national level which they were right and alot of businesses closed in Massachusetts to escape Romneycare.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29018 May 31, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>the Hertiage Foundation's plan was scraped years ago...
Yes, the Heritage Foundation quit supporting its own plan right around the time that Obama took office and started to work on implementing it. Makes me think that they were never sincerely interested in fixing healthcare, but just used that plan to derail the Clintons' healthcare reform efforts in the 1990s.
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>...and I knew people in Ultra Liberal Massachusetts who hated Romneycare and said you didnt want it on a national level which they were right...
A 2013 poll of Massachusetts citizens found that the overwhelming majority were satisfied with their healthcare.

"As has been the case since 2004, most Massachusetts residents are generally satisfied with the health care they receive. Nearly six-in-ten residents (56%) are very satisfied with the health care they received last year, and another 28% are somewhat satisfied. These numbers have remained highly stable for the past eight years."

http://www.massmed.org/poll2013/#.U4oh6HYUqSo
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>...and alot of businesses closed in Massachusetts to escape Romneycare.
Interesting then that the conservative magazine Forbes rates Massachusetts as one of the "Best States for Business":

"One bright spot in the northeast is No. 18 Massachusetts thanks to the dynamic Boston economy which is strong in growth industries like healthcare, education and technology. Business and living costs are among the highest in the country, but the state ranks first overall in quality of life and has one of the most educated labor forces in the U.S."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2...
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29019 May 31, 2014
By way of comparison, Indiana ranked #34 in the Forbes "Best States for Business" survey.

http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ggdd/34-i...

Location hidden

#29020 May 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, the Heritage Foundation quit supporting its own plan right around the time that Obama took office and started to work on implementing it. Makes me think that they were never sincerely interested in fixing healthcare, but just used that plan to derail the Clintons' healthcare reform efforts in the 1990s.
<quoted text>
A 2013 poll of Massachusetts citizens found that the overwhelming majority were satisfied with their healthcare.
"As has been the case since 2004, most Massachusetts residents are generally satisfied with the health care they receive. Nearly six-in-ten residents (56%) are very satisfied with the health care they received last year, and another 28% are somewhat satisfied. These numbers have remained highly stable for the past eight years."
http://www.massmed.org/poll2013/#.U4oh6HYUqSo
<quoted text>
Interesting then that the conservative magazine Forbes rates Massachusetts as one of the "Best States for Business":
"One bright spot in the northeast is No. 18 Massachusetts thanks to the dynamic Boston economy which is strong in growth industries like healthcare, education and technology. Business and living costs are among the highest in the country, but the state ranks first overall in quality of life and has one of the most educated labor forces in the U.S."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenhausen/2...
Romneycare a big bust

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

By:Michael Graham

As governor, Mitt Romney accomplished a feat that most Republicans would have thought impossible. With the single stroke of a pen he convinced the liberal population of Massachusetts that they, too, hate government-run health care.

As a health care plan, Romneycare is an unmitigated fiasco. It has caused costs to skyrocket, insurance premiums to soar and nonprofit providers like Blue Cross to suffer hundreds of millions of dollars in losses.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion/opinion/...

Location hidden

#29021 May 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
By way of comparison, Indiana ranked #34 in the Forbes "Best States for Business" survey.
http://www.forbes.com/pictures/mli45ggdd/34-i...
hate to bust your bubble but Massachusetts has higher taxes and tax rates on businesses and individuals compared to Indiana which ranks 6 and Massachusetts ranks 46 in the 2014 best & worst states for business to operate near the bottom and Massachusetts is considered the most liberal state in the US.

2014 Best & Worst States for Business State Rankings

http://chiefexecutive.net/best-worst-states-f...

Massachusetts liberal

A Massachusetts liberal is a typically ultra-liberal in or from Massachusetts, in many ways the most liberal state in the United States. It is the only state where it is a crime, with a mandatory prison sentence of at least one year, to transport a lawfully owned gun for a lawful purpose in an automobile without a special permit. Out-of-state drivers traveling to hunting or gun competitions in the Northeast have to choose between going hours out of their way to avoid Massachusetts, or spending hours attempting to obtain a permit.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Massachusetts_li...
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29022 May 31, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Romneycare a big bust
Tuesday, April 12, 2011
By:Michael Graham
As governor, Mitt Romney accomplished a feat that most Republicans would have thought impossible. With the single stroke of a pen he convinced the liberal population of Massachusetts that they, too, hate government-run health care.
As a health care plan, Romneycare is an unmitigated fiasco. It has caused costs to skyrocket, insurance premiums to soar and nonprofit providers like Blue Cross to suffer hundreds of millions of dollars in losses.
Michael Graham is a conservative talk radio host. This is an opinion piece by him that offers no evidence to support his statements.
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29023 May 31, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>hate to bust your bubble but Massachusetts has higher taxes and tax rates on businesses and individuals compared to Indiana which ranks 6 and Massachusetts ranks 46 in the 2014 best & worst states for business to operate near the bottom and Massachusetts is considered the most liberal state in the US.
2014 Best & Worst States for Business State Rankings
http://chiefexecutive.net/best-worst-states-f...
Massachusetts liberal
I cited Forbes, you cited " chiefexecutive.net " --- which one do you think most people are familiar with?
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29024 May 31, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>
Massachusetts liberal
A Massachusetts liberal is a typically ultra-liberal in or from Massachusetts...
http://www.conservapedia.com/Massachusetts_li...
Who cares what Conservapedia thinks about Massachusetts? What does think have to do with our healthcare discussion?
Old Guy

Mason, OH

#29025 May 31, 2014
Oops --- "think" should be "this" is the previous message.
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#29026 May 31, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted textnonprofit providers like Blue Cross to suffer hundreds of millions of dollars in losses.
lmao. "Nonprofit" (scoffing)
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#29027 May 31, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
It is SO much more effective when YOU capitalize certain words so that WE know what inflection YOU are using. Otherwise, your RANTS would make YOU look like a unfocused CRAZY person with unresolved ANGER issues..
YOUR reply does not answer my question. A typical Lib evasion tactic.
This observation presents a new direct question, that being....How do you live with your self denial & moronic thinking? Oh. wait, I just answered my own question !!!
That being Denial & being Moronic.
I withdraw the question.
Let's move on.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#29028 May 31, 2014
Assuming a clean slate of postings & comments. I want to ask a question.
How do those in favor of Obama accept or defend ALL of his lies & shortcomings? Just asking.
Canton

Canton, OH

#29029 May 31, 2014
Pops wrote:
Assuming a clean slate of postings & comments. I want to ask a question.
How do those in favor of Obama accept or defend ALL of his lies & shortcomings? Just asking.
I accept them by looking up the facts, and after realizing that 99% of the claims the right make about Obama are proven to be absolute bullsh1t, I realize that folks like yourself don't like him simply because he is black. Nothing more. My question to you is who the hell do you clowns think you are fooling?
woo-boy

Van Wert, OH

#29030 May 31, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I accept them by looking up the facts, and after realizing that 99% of the claims the right make about Obama are proven to be absolute bullsh1t, I realize that folks like yourself don't like him simply because he is black. Nothing more. My question to you is who the hell do you clowns think you are fooling?
They do make it obvious, just not to them.

Location hidden

#29031 May 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Michael Graham is a conservative talk radio host. This is an opinion piece by him that offers no evidence to support his statements.
RomneyCare: Nope, Still Not Working

Peter Suderman|Apr. 26, 2011 12:55

Mitt Romney is still defending the health care overhaul he signed into law as governor of Massachusetts. So are liberal defenders of ObamaCare, an overhaul explicitly modeled after the Bay State’s law. These defenders have one key data point on their side: Insurance coverage in Massachusetts is now the highest in the nation, with about 95 percent of the state’s residents covered. But they tend to omit the fact that the state’s insurance coverage rates were already unusually high to begin with: About 90 percent of the state’s population had health coverage prior to the law's passage.

Nor do they tell you about the burden the law has placed on the health care delivery system. Here’s Sally Pipes of the Pacific Research Institute writing at Forbes:

The Massachusetts Medical Society found that 56% of physicians are not taking on new patients. Wait times for appointments are climbing. Just two years after reform took root, one clinic in Western Massachusetts had amassed a waiting list of 1,600 patients.

RomneyCare expanded coverage simply by putting more people on the dole. Since 2006, 440,000 people have been added to state-funded insurance rolls. Medicaid enrollment alone is up nearly 25%, and Massachusetts is struggling to cover the cost.

Of the previously uninsured individuals who have signed up, 68% are receiving free or subsidized coverage.

http://reason.com/blog/2011/04/26/romneycare-...

Location hidden

#29032 May 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I cited Forbes, you cited " chiefexecutive.net " --- which one do you think most people are familiar with?
both.

Location hidden

#29033 May 31, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares what Conservapedia thinks about Massachusetts? What does think have to do with our healthcare discussion?
Obviously you care and is correct about Massachusetts Liberals and maybe you should go and experience Liberal Masssachusetts and work & live there for awhile which I have and you will want nothing to do with their Massachusetts Liberalism unless you like Mitt Romney.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#29034 May 31, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go again with the Racist accusation. Which is a standard 'fall back' issue when there is NO legitimate argument.
I had NO real point with my initial question but you have shown that there is NO valid defense of Obama & his lack of leadership, skills, knowledge, experience, insight, integrity, transparency, ability to cut the deficit & debt, maintaining the U.S. military standing, international relations, beating Islamic extremism, lowering unemployment,(in his 1st term to a PROMISED level) closing Gitmo, averting the lowering of the U.S. credit standing etc etc.
Check those issues with the 99% of claims/facts !! TYVM
It is more than difficult to defend the indefensible. It IS impossible !! Check those FACTS!!!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#29035 May 31, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
OH! I should add that you are only fooling yourself & thusly prove yourself to be be a propagandized fool.
Go ahead, satisfy your thirst & drink the koolade of denial & idiocy.
I am so pleased to NOT be a blind idiot nor a racist myself.
xxxrayted

Berea, OH

#29036 May 31, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the only one being fooled here is you. Don't you ever stop and try to figure things out or do you repeat everything the puppet masters told you to think?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need Help (Nov '15) Nov '15 Megen Olfert 1
in town for a day, need dog food. (Sep '15) Sep '15 sickashell 1
DownTown Willoughby bar scene single friendly o... (Aug '15) Aug '15 Seriouslady 2
Meagan Maynard??? (Jan '15) Jan '15 abc123 1
Election Who do you support for State House in Ohio (Dis... (Nov '10) Nov '10 Freedom 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Ohio (Dist... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Elena Liotta 3
Election Who do you support for County Auditor in Ohio (... (Oct '10) Oct '10 A Voter Who 1

Williamsfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsfield Mortgages