woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#27994 Apr 29, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I shower everyday, and sometimes more than once. In summer I will waterski everyday, and shower.
Only you need told to bathe.
Only you have to wait on mommy to give you a bath and change your Depends for you. Are you out on a day pass from the funny farm?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#27997 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
In the real America, aren't people supposed to feed and clothe themselves? And for those that cannot, there are private charities?
I think it goes back to a constitutional issue. The defense of our country is in there--food and clothing for citizens are not.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger, on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right, of expending money on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794
Imagine the surplus and not debt we would have today if we only listened to Mr. Madison all these years.
hmmmm...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/katrin...

woof
Canton

Canton, OH

#27999 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
My prediction is that Indy will say Liberal on every one.
This discussion reminds me of a piece written by economist Walter E Williams. In his column, he asked "If I were running for office, and my platform was that I will not bring back any money to our state, would you vote for me?"
The reason there are no conservatives as Indy would define one is because such a conservative would stand no chance at ever getting elected. As Dr. Williams pointed out in his article, most of us are hooked on social programs of some sort. It's one of the dangers of starting new ones like Commie Care. Once you open up that Pandoras Box, you can never close it again. Democrats realized this a long time ago.
That explains why Mitt Romney went for an almost identical health care act in his state and why the ultra conservative hero Koch Brothers practically wrote the thing...the Liberals.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28000 Apr 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains why Mitt Romney went for an almost identical health care act in his state and why the ultra conservative hero Koch Brothers practically wrote the thing...the Liberals.
The Koch brothers didn't write anything. State and Federal are two totally separate entities. What the federal government IS in charge of is written in our Constitution. Most of the reason we are nearly 18 trillion dollars in the hole is because we didn't adhere to it.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28001 Apr 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't have to "imagine" the surplus. One only need to look at President Bill Clinton to know what a surplus looks like. Now let's see what happens to that same surplus under a Republican. Poof! Vanished without a peep from your camp.
(Insert provided GOP excuse here)
I think you meant the Newt Gingrich surplus. After all, it's the Congress that spends the money, creates laws and writes a budget.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28002 Apr 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange because all the Liberals I know have worked every day of their adult lives and have never had a handout in any form in the least. You must be talking about that hypothetical America that we hear you right wing war mongers always blabbering about.
I thought you wrote that you lived in a dangerous neighborhood? Those neighborhoods are almost exclusively Democrat. How do you not know any Democrat that doesn't work?

In my Democrat area, there are tons of people not working.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28003 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you meant the Newt Gingrich surplus. After all, it's the Congress that spends the money, creates laws and writes a budget.
Oh you mean the...(Insert provided GOP excuse here) I mentioned earlier. Besides, we can all see what a GOP Congress can do for this country right now. Most ineffective is still technically being the best at something, even if it's being obstructive at the cost of our nation's best interests.

Uh oh. You mentioned Newt. Now we'll all have to listen to Reality Speaks blabber for pages about how Salamanders are cooler. This due to his unfortunate but ever apparent limited comprehension skills.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28004 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you wrote that you lived in a dangerous neighborhood? Those neighborhoods are almost exclusively Democrat. How do you not know any Democrat that doesn't work?
You know, perhaps you make a good point. My neighbor and friend I have lived by for 40 years just got compensated for his exposure to agent orange when he was a tunnel rat in Viet Nam, so yah...that "free loader". How dare he work his entire adult life, serve in war and pay his taxes. He's obviously one of those cradle to grave guys you keep telling us about. You should stop by and tell him all about his liberal views.Next we can stop in and tell all my Liberal friends who work at Timken and Diebold that they're a bunch of commie free loaders too.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28005 Apr 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you mean the...(Insert provided GOP excuse here) I mentioned earlier. Besides, we can all see what a GOP Congress can do for this country right now. Most ineffective is still technically being the best at something, even if it's being obstructive at the cost of our nation's best interests.
Uh oh. You mentioned Newt. Now we'll all have to listen to Reality Speaks blabber for pages about how Salamanders are cooler. This due to his unfortunate but ever apparent limited comprehension skills.
Yeah, I guess we can say the Republican Congress the most ineffective since it is they alone that pass bills that never goes to the Senate or President. But I have to ask, what did Republicans block that was in the nations best interest? More spending?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28006 Apr 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, perhaps you make a good point. My neighbor and friend I have lived by for 40 years just got compensated for his exposure to agent orange when he was a tunnel rat in Viet Nam, so yah...that "free loader". How dare he work his entire adult life, serve in war and pay his taxes. He's obviously one of those cradle to grave guys you keep telling us about. You should stop by and tell him all about his liberal views.Next we can stop in and tell all my Liberal friends who work at Timken and Diebold that they're a bunch of commie free loaders too.
So that's your argument? Comparing your Vietnam friend to all those people walking around your neighborhood all day and night long? Hey, maybe all of them were in Vietnam.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#28007 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
But I have to ask, what did Republicans block that was in the nations best interest? More spending?
"Here’s just a short list of some of the bills that Republicans have blocked, or attempted to block, since Obama became President:

Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.

Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.

Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.

The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.

The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.

Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans."

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2011/01/03/bills...
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#28008 Apr 29, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
"Here’s just a short list of some of the bills that Republicans have blocked, or attempted to block, since Obama became President:
Tax on Companies that ship jobs overseas- A bill that would have eliminated a tax break that companies get when they ship jobs overseas. Republicans blocked this, allowing companies to keep the tax break they receive when they ship jobs to other countries.
Political Ad disclosure bill- Would have required all donors to political campaigns to reveal themselves. Republicans blocked this, not once but twice.
Subpoena Power for the Committee investigating the BP Oil Spill – Give subpoena power to the independent committee responsible for investigating BP’s roll in the oil spill. Republicans attempted to block this.
The Small Business Jobs Act -would give LOCAL, community banks access to billions of dollars to loan to small businesses. Republicans blocked this, then attempted to block it a second time and failed.
The DREAM Act- Gives immigrant youth who were brought here as children a path to citizenship by earning a college degree or serving the military for 2 years. Republicans blocked this.
Repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”- Would have repealed the law that forces gay and lesbian services members to lie about their sexuality and gives the military the right to discharge soldiers based on their sexuality. Republicans blocked this many times and Democrats were finally able to pass it with the support of just 2 Republicans."
Just wait for the denials. He's searching False News right now.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#28009 Apr 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange because all the Liberals I know have worked every day of their adult lives and have never had a handout in any form in the least. You must be talking about that hypothetical America that we hear you right wing war mongers always blabbering about.
your dreaming again.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#28010 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So True.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28011 Apr 29, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Track the progress of the House Republican Plan for America's Job Creators and learn more about the bills that will help Americans do what they do best: create, innovate and lead.

Jobs Bills Stuck In The Senate
House Republicans have passed 40 jobs bills that are currently stuck in the Democrat controlled Senate.

Empower Small Business Owners
Small business owners are being bogged down by burdensome regulations from Washington that prevent job creation and hinder economic growth. We must remove onerous regulations that are redundant, harm small businesses, and impede private sector investment and job creation.

http://majorityleader.gov/JobsTracker/
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28012 Apr 29, 2014
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>your dreaming again.
Nah. Canton just has selective memory.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28013 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So that's your argument? Comparing your Vietnam friend to all those people walking around your neighborhood all day and night long? Hey, maybe all of them were in Vietnam.
No, but they all have jobs. Even though there was a drive by 2 houses down from mine, everyone in my neighborhood is working. Strange. You must be viewing things through tinted colored glasses. In you conservatives case, special emphasis on the "colored" part.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28014 Apr 29, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess we can say the Republican Congress the most ineffective since it is they alone that pass bills that never goes to the Senate or President. But I have to ask, what did Republicans block that was in the nations best interest? More spending?
Do you mean besides shutting down the government? Guess they taped your mouth shut and tied your hands back when Bush went a spending. Don't remember spending being such an issue with you guys, back when we had a white president. How's paying for that unpaid for Medicare expansion Bush past doing you? That outrage must be buried under more important things like birth certificates or fighting for your love of all things crude oil.
Canton

Canton, OH

#28015 Apr 29, 2014
oops passed not past, although both
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#28016 Apr 29, 2014
Canton wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you mean besides shutting down the government? Guess they taped your mouth shut and tied your hands back when Bush went a spending. Don't remember spending being such an issue with you guys, back when we had a white president. How's paying for that unpaid for Medicare expansion Bush past doing you? That outrage must be buried under more important things like birth certificates or fighting for your love of all things crude oil.
Then you don't remember very well. Conservatives were Bush's worst enemy especially when it came to spending. Establishment Republicans may have supported the Republican Congresses spending but not TP or conservatives. We were Bush's worst critic on many occasions.

Oh, and BTW, as I explained numerous times, the Republican Congress did not shut down the government. They don't have that kind of power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stove need fixed Aug '14 sue 2
Willowick man is charged in murder (Jan '06) Jul '14 Gimme a break Mike 49
A free pass for a drunk cop? Jul '14 Ledgie 1
Gregg Dumendic (Apr '13) Jul '14 Town Crier 3
Monday's forecast: Stormy day in the North (Jun '14) Jun '14 HAARP Chem Trail ... 1
farmdale, ohio (Jun '14) Jun '14 chy 1
Willoughby-Eastlake school superintendent charg... (May '14) Jun '14 Eastlake Mother 2
Williamsfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Williamsfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Williamsfield News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Williamsfield

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:37 pm PST

ESPN12:37PM