Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

Joke

Athens, WV

#1 Sep 25, 2009
Is a joke.....
wow

United States

#2 Nov 8, 2009
is that all you have to say. do u volunteer? do u go out in the middle of the night when called and then go to work the next day? grow up. the are not a paid department and believe me they do not have enough members. no i am not one of them but i do know most of them and they are good people. don't start shit about people who put their lifes on the line to save others
abc

United States

#3 Dec 11, 2009
wow wrote:
is that all you have to say. do u volunteer? do u go out in the middle of the night when called and then go to work the next day? grow up. the are not a paid department and believe me they do not have enough members. no i am not one of them but i do know most of them and they are good people. don't start shit about people who put their lifes on the line to save others
amen. And as for the author... the next time you're having a heart attack or you're bleeding severely in Williamsburg, I hope the rescue squad is too late getting to you.

Since: Feb 10

Huntington, WV

#4 Feb 28, 2010
His name says it all. He is a JOKE. People like him are the kind who have no idea what the people do and all the free time they give to help others in need. I had in-laws who lived there all their lives and when they needed medical assistance the WRS was there in minutes to help them. For the small place Williamsburg is, it's got the best service that I know of.
lol

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#5 Nov 19, 2010
ya right williamsburg is by far the best they cant answer 95% of there calls fairlea or alderson has to take them most of the time fairlea. if i was having a heart attack or bleeding or ANY emergency i would not want them to come scary thought...
willis- res

Marlinton, WV

#6 Nov 20, 2010
lol wrote:
ya right williamsburg is by far the best they cant answer 95% of there calls fairlea or alderson has to take them most of the time fairlea. if i was having a heart attack or bleeding or ANY emergency i would not want them to come scary thought...
once again someone who has no idea what they are talking about. yes there is time that williamsburg doesn't have a crew in town to respond to the call just like every other department in the county. but i guarantee you they cover more of their own calls than alderson or fairlea does. they operate on a mostly volunteer basis and people have jobs and have to work for a living unfortunaley they cant have a paid crew on every day of the week. yes they now have a paid crew on three days a week for 12 hours a day, but after that still depend on volunteers. you put alderson on such a high pedestal maybe you should listen to the scanner sometime, they cant cover their own calls and when they do come out lord help who they are going after. williamsburg is a small department and has very few members and still manages to care for the community. if you think they are doing such a bad job then maybe you should get off your rump and volunteer, it is my understanding that they train every thursday and are always welcoming new members. i know many of the members of the department and they are all very nice and caring people, i would put their level of care above any other department in the county.
compaq

White Sulphur Springs, WV

#7 Dec 7, 2010
lol wrote:
i agree 100% friend of mine was in a wreck and williamsburg just stood around looking at each other not really knowing what to do and then 2 of the members got hateful with each other. far from what i call pros. care wise idk if i would trust them or not after that the doubt they all had in an emergency was scary.
whoknows2010

Lerona, WV

#8 Oct 27, 2011
I have to agree with "Wow". People that don't get up in the middle of the night to take calls or leave their families during dinner to go to a house fire, save someonoes life, or what-ever it may be. I am a volunteer fire fighter and i have to get up at all hours of the night. So before you start judging people and departments because they take so long to respond just remember that we are volunteers, we don't get paid.
1 post removed
Hagatha May

Orlando, FL

#10 Jan 30, 2014
Possums, just remember people are hired for their skills and fired for their behavior. TaTa for now Lady of Quality
My 2 cents

Logan, WV

#11 Sep 11, 2014
Why have we not had more information about the missing funds? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know who is accused. She was the only officer not present for the meeting and now she is on the front page of the local paper for her good deeds. What a joke. I would like to know why she is not in jail. There were two town meetings about this and now she is a good Samaritan. WOW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 44 min Matt Kelly 4,191
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in West Virgi... (Oct '10) May 19 some 1 else in be... 1,770
Call cop pig (Feb '16) Dec '16 johnm19 2
busted (Jun '14) Oct '16 More lies 17
Sexual abuse (Feb '16) Feb '16 Martin garey 1
Forrest cayce deluca (Feb '16) Feb '16 Martin garey 1
Perverted girls (Feb '16) Feb '16 Martin garey 1

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages