Grand jury to get embezzlement case -...

Grand jury to get embezzlement case -- Crime, Law and Justice, ...

There are 3 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from May 30, 2008, titled Grand jury to get embezzlement case -- Crime, Law and Justice, .... In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A grand jury will decide if there's enough evidence to indict the former executive director of the Williamsburg Redevelopment and Housing Authority on charges of embezzlement in connection with buying more than ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Hancock

Newport News, VA

#1 May 30, 2008
So, she was so distraught about the displacement of motel residents that she had to go on a Merchant's Square shopping spree? I guess I don't understand politics after all.
tooo funny

Williamsburg, VA

#2 May 30, 2008
no apparently she had to go to the DC area to spend some money at the White House Black Market Store, Talbots, Ann Taylor and Target to make her feel better...
must be more to it

Williamsburg, VA

#3 May 31, 2008
Is government really so behind the terms of accountability and approval processes? In a typical private company the employees "company credit card" used for travel and misc. purchases is actually in the employees name. It is up to the employee to reconcile legitimate business expenses on their regular expense reports, and their line manager to approve. This leaves opportunity for the employee to make personal purchases (which isn't encouraged) but these will ultimately be their respossibility to pay to the credit card company directly. It is in the employees interest to make such payments as the credit card is linked to the employees SSN and hence credit record (the credit record is only affected if payments get too late e.g. 120days).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ukropa s future: Open Sundays, alcohol sales af... (Dec '09) Sat martin garey 11
News Police: Rape crisis counselor accused of rape i... (Dec '10) Apr 28 martin garey 4
News ARCHIVE: Rape victim says she is 'not going away' (Aug '11) Apr 28 let me guess 3
Former Poquoson police officer charged with rap... (Dec '11) Apr 28 and 13
News Williamsburg police charge woman with prostitution (Jun '10) Apr 28 martin garey 10
News 31 charged in undercover drug busts -- dailypre... (Oct '07) Apr 28 martin garey 24
News Library book returned to Va. college 35 years late (Oct '10) Apr 28 martin garey 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages