Woodside teacher faces more charges

There are 20 comments on the Dec 24, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Woodside teacher faces more charges. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

A Newport News high school teacher has been suspended without pay after being arrested on charges in three jurisdictions of taking indecent liberties with a minor, school officials said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
triumph110

Seattle, WA

#1 Dec 24, 2008
This is happening all over the country. Go to www.schoolteachernews.com and click on the Scandal page. They have documented over 470 of these types of incidents since just the beginning of 2008.
Bobo

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Dec 24, 2008
I like cheese
Momo

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#3 Dec 24, 2008
Bobo! Stop talking about cheese and get back to work!
LostSouls

Newport News, VA

#4 Dec 24, 2008
My, my, my. Mighty quiet in the forum when your folks molest, rape, and ruin the lives of a child(ren). This is what you do!!

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

#5 Dec 24, 2008
LostSouls wrote:
My, my, my. Mighty quiet in the forum when your folks molest, rape, and ruin the lives of a child(ren). This is what you do!!
??
Hold up

United States

#6 Dec 24, 2008
Hold on..this is a 17 year old. Yes, still sounds bad because the teacher is a male also. But in this area, it is not that uncommon. There is only one alleged victim here. Let's see what falls out of these allegations. At 17, I think you know right from wrong. This allegedly happened according to the 17 year old a number of times??

This is only one side of this story. there maybe nothing to it.

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

#7 Dec 24, 2008
Hold up wrote:
Hold on..this is a 17 year old. Yes, still sounds bad because the teacher is a male also. But in this area, it is not that uncommon. There is only one alleged victim here. Let's see what falls out of these allegations. At 17, I think you know right from wrong. This allegedly happened according to the 17 year old a number of times??
This is only one side of this story. there maybe nothing to it.
At 52 I am sure you kow right from wrong.
Joe

Newport News, VA

#8 Dec 24, 2008
This teacher is a friend of mine. Nobody should trust anything a teenager says until it is proven beyond the shadow of a doubt these days. Mr. Yewcic is, in all likelihood, completely innocent.
Student

Newport News, VA

#9 Dec 24, 2008
Im a former student of Mr Yewcic.... He would never do anything like this. He was the teacher that if you needed help you could just ask. I liked that about Mr Yewcic. I just cant believe anything like this could have happened.
Mike

Fort White, FL

#10 Dec 24, 2008
I knew Mark from a long time back and have a hard time believing this w/o some evidence other than hearsay. Besides, the kinds of people who commit these sorts of crimes leave a string of victims...wait till all the facts are in before you judge.

Recently a co-worker of mine was accused of flashing. After losing his job and having his reputation trashed, turns out it was someone else. Innocent people do get accused of crimes.
Mike

Fort White, FL

#11 Dec 24, 2008
LostSouls wrote:
My, my, my. Mighty quiet in the forum when your folks molest, rape, and ruin the lives of a child(ren). This is what you do!!
What is it you are trying to say? Your folks??? What is that supposed to mean? Golfers? Teachers? White people?
W_T_F

Newport News, VA

#12 Dec 25, 2008
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
What is it you are trying to say? Your folks??? What is that supposed to mean? Golfers? Teachers? White people?
i think it's h.g.
Newport News

Williamsburg, VA

#13 Dec 25, 2008
This guy is chester the molester!!!!! Hang him and all his friends defending him.
Concerned

Atlanta, GA

#14 Dec 26, 2008
My child attended Woodside. AS a parent and PTSA member (I was at the school at least once a week for two years) I can tell you, Mark is a wonderful teacher and human being. Maybe this teen was expelled from Woodside and holds a grudge? I just don't see this man doing anything like this.
Okay, lets say he is involved with men.....he is a smart man and come on- why would he involve himself with a minor? He has too much to lose. He can retire soon. He cares for his elderly father.
His life long neighbor said he thinks this is a fabrcated story by the teen. He has lived next to him and known him forever and does not believe it.
I don't believe it and shame on the kid if he made this up.

dont trip

Newport News, VA

#15 Jan 5, 2009
Concerned wrote:
My child attended Woodside. AS a parent and PTSA member (I was at the school at least once a week for two years) I can tell you, Mark is a wonderful teacher and human being. Maybe this teen was expelled from Woodside and holds a grudge? I just don't see this man doing anything like this.
Okay, lets say he is involved with men.....he is a smart man and come on- why would he involve himself with a minor? He has too much to lose. He can retire soon. He cares for his elderly father.
His life long neighbor said he thinks this is a fabrcated story by the teen. He has lived next to him and known him forever and does not believe it.
I don't believe it and shame on the kid if he made this up.
that is BULLSHIT...you cant just take his side like that. Because common sense will tell you that a minor wouldnt just make up a story like this. Whether he was holding a grudge like that or not. come on now, stuff like this is happening all over the country.
Julie

Lake Wales, FL

#16 Jan 5, 2009
I sincerely hope the truth finally comes out. I worked with someone that was accussed of a crime like this. They were arrested and lost their job. It was about 18 months later that they were found out to be innocent of the charges. As I said I hope the truth finally comes out. In the case of false accusations there should be someone that has to pay for what has been done to the victim of the false accusations.

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

#17 Jan 5, 2009
Julie wrote:
I sincerely hope the truth finally comes out. I worked with someone that was accussed of a crime like this. They were arrested and lost their job. It was about 18 months later that they were found out to be innocent of the charges. As I said I hope the truth finally comes out. In the case of false accusations there should be someone that has to pay for what has been done to the victim of the false accusations.
I agree that people who make false accusations should be punished.
Downtown Hpt

Virginia Beach, VA

#18 Jan 5, 2009
Doesn't matter if he's innocent or not. His life is ruined. As soon as the allegations surface, the accused is plastered across the paper and in the news. What ever happened to innocent until???? Many lives have been ruined by a rush to judgement.
Anonymous Victim

Newport News, VA

#19 Apr 6, 2009
I couldnt help but come on here and see what everyone thought of what happened, and im really pissed and upset over the shit some of you have said. I AM THE ONE WHO STEVEN MARK YEWCIC ABUSED! I am not gonna say who i am because this shit is embarressing! and to all the assholes who "voted" against me and said that i am making this shit up should get your facts straight! because not only are you hurting the victim but you are protecting a man who should rot in jail for what he did to me! and there are others who also came forward! Its not just me! The news doesnt tell everything! I have court in a week with mark and i am testifying to get him as much time in jail as possible. And to all you people who are against me..... Its very hard!! and very embarissing but i have to say it in front of a room full of people and others what he did to me! And the news was wrong, i was 16 when it happened. Just put your selves in my shoes! when you are best friends with someone for a long time, "in my case mark" and hang out all summer long, and work together, and tell each other everything, and are on medication and than one day he offers you some alchohal..... you take it out of stupidity....... Medication and alchohal DO NOT MIX! They leave you defenseless and pretty much paralized..... you fade in and out of sleep......waking up to who you thought was your bestfriend over top of you doing what he should not be doing is very shocking and scary! you go home puking from meds and alchohal and have no choice but to lie to your parents and tell them that you ate soemthing bad.... next day comes and here he comes again with the same plan and alchohal with me still on meds (which he knows). pretty much forced to drink it..... if not he got very angry.... day after day you are scared of this man who you thought was your best friend, is now taking advantage of you day after day a guy you could count on...... not any more! untill you have had enough...... and you go for help... your parents.... PUT YOURSELF IN MY SHOES!!!!!!!!!! ITS FUCKING HARD!!!! so dont say shit about how he was a good guy and everything cause thats what i thought at first too...... Till its to late! I am going threw thearipy and constand court appointments and hell because of him. so please, think befor you say that "you cant see this man doing this" or anything els related to that phrase because YOU HAVENT LIVED WHAT I HAVE LIVED!!! reply to my message if you want an update on what is going on with the situation because i have 2 courts to go to with me testifying agint him. The news doesnt tell everything.. if you read this whole thing... thank you for at least hearing what i have to say.
Da Burg

Charlotte, NC

#20 May 27, 2009
Thank you for the post.
I believe you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mynek4 19 hr Ariiczk 2
Ntelos - Hampton Roads (Peninsula or Southside) Sat BreezWay95 1
News At 60, John Hinckley looks to gain more freedom Apr 22 HumanSpirit 2
Review: Binswanger Glass Apr 21 jstrong196 1
News Hampton looks for more math teachers (Aug '14) Apr 12 Wayne 51
News Train Slams Young Couple on Virginia Trestle Apr 11 Barbara Fox 3
moving to Newport News, va (Jun '11) Apr 6 rocco siffredi 32
More from around the web

Williamsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]