Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

Judged:

Does anyone believe for a minute that Kilgore willingly refused to take an increase in pay. We are not as stupid as the members of the school board as everyone in the system knows that she was pushing for a new contract with a raise in excess of $230,000 dollars. My neighbor works in the school administration building knows that Kilgore's primary focus is money; she pays a former city attorney $90,000 dollars a year to work 20 hours a week, if that, and most of the time he sits in his office with his feet up on his desk reading the paper. She drives an expensive sports car and is seen regularly in bars in Norfolk and Virginia. She needs to be removed along with a number of the school board members who allow this type of conduct.
Speak up

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

Finally someone has brougt this issue to light. Kilgore and her small group of supporters are taking the tax payors for a ride. Great article; hope more will follow.
YC Man

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

We overpay our Admn & Super in YC. Having said that, the failuer of NNPS and its' bloated budget, let's vote out the School Board.
BTW--Did you know NNPS has an Office that does nothing but beg for grants like a homeless baglady in Central Park? The teachers at some schools spend days wring for bogus grants. Oh, and by the end of each school year, the e-mails go out..."spend that money by...or it will be returned" Hence, all the free trips.
Face Realty

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

Kilgore gets paid more than our members of congress and they do not get a car allowance or money put into their retirement accounts. Her only concern is herself and the heck with anyone else; she is selfish and self centered and everyone in the adminstration buiding knows it. The only support she gets is from that idiot attorney who is paid almost $100,000 for working less than 20 hours a week. Get rid of her and stop treating her as if she is so special. Within the school system she is the laughing stock of the educational community being a close runner up to the school board members who demonstrate no talent or understanding of the information they are given and rely on Kilgore to explain the information. Then she laughs about how stupid the members are and that she can tell them anything and they accept it. Something needs to be done now, our children deserve better, a concept Kilgore cannot understand because she has no children.
Give me a break

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2011

Judged:

Speak up wrote:
Finally someone has brougt this issue to light. Kilgore and her small group of supporters are taking the tax payors for a ride. Great article; hope more will follow.
Kilgore probalely had her attorney judge this blog.
NN teacher

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

We got a 1% raise this school year so after 10 years teaching in NN I am making about $46,000. Kilgore needs to be replaced because she does nothing for the teachers and the members of the school board will not listen to our concerns. Our system can survive without her, but can not survive without us, the teachers.
Wisdom

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2011

Judged:

NN teacher wrote:
We got a 1% raise this school year so after 10 years teaching in NN I am making about $46,000. Kilgore needs to be replaced because she does nothing for the teachers and the members of the school board will not listen to our concerns. Our system can survive without her, but can not survive without us, the teachers.

I understand we teachers do not get nor probably deserve the high salaries earned by the administration, but they should not be paid salaries that are so much higher than most of the important people in our society such as the members of congress referred to in a previous blog. They receive about $174,000 per year with no supplements. Kilgore is not as smart or as talented as they are so terminate her contract and allow her to walk the streets looking for a job. She will quickly learn she is not worth half of what she is currently making and will never get hired by another school system. We need people on the board who have the ability to understand finace.
Former teacher

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2011

I taught with Kilgore when she was in Hampton and she was on the fast track back then. She did not care about her students when she was in the class room instead she was trying to move up the ladder. Getting promoted with higher pay was her only concern. Money was her motive for every thing she did. It is clear she has not changed.
Parent of HS student

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

As a concerned parent of a Newport News high school student I have real concerns with the school administration. Everyone in administration seems to be in fear of Kilgore and secretly acknowledge that "you do not want to piss her off" or else. I had a video of conduct of three students breaking school rules and I was told I was wastsing my time trying to get the problem corrected as Kilgore would will not admit that we have a problem as it would hurt the imagine of the school system.
Wow

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

Judged:

Over the weekend I saw a program awarding students for academic achievement and I was shocked to see Kilgore for the first time. Her hair style ia awlful. She certainly sets an example for our young people. No wonder no has any respect for her.
A joke

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2011

Judged:

Someone must be living on another planet unless Kilgore rated the previous blog
Lack of wisdom

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Judged:

Our city officials including the Newport News school board need to review honestly the performance of Kilgore. She is not a good example for our students nor good for the morale of our teachers. We have good people within the system who could do so much better with alot less money. It is time for change.
Lack of sense

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 7, 2011

Lack of wisdom wrote:
Our city officials including the Newport News school board need to review honestly the performance of Kilgore. She is not a good example for our students nor good for the morale of our teachers. We have good people within the system who could do so much better with alot less money. It is time for change.
Kilgore must be responding and judging the comments which is clear

from this blog.
You mean get real

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Kilgore is a joke and everyone knows it except the members of the school board. Maybe we should put the son of one member on the board and put him in charge of criminal activity.
Nancy Grace

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2011

Maybe our school board member will hire Grace, Askew and Wallin to represent her son. Then we can have our own comedy version of court TV here in Newport News.
hmm

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2011

Judged:

NN teacher wrote:
$46,000 doesn't seem to bad to me when you consider that 10 week summer vacation, 2 weeks off at Christmas, another week off during spring break and working 1/2 a day every Wednesday. Not bad at all for what I see is a part time job. Everyone knows that teachers don't make lots of money, so maybe a better paying position would be better for you....But then again, you won't be allowed to lay at the pool all summer.
WoW

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2011

After all that has been said and done about this woman, the public pays little attention to the mess our school system is in and nothing is ever done. WoW
Annoyed Teacher

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2013

Judged:

hmm wrote:
<quoted text>
$46,000 doesn't seem to bad to me when you consider that 10 week summer vacation, 2 weeks off at Christmas, another week off during spring break and working 1/2 a day every Wednesday. Not bad at all for what I see is a part time job. Everyone knows that teachers don't make lots of money, so maybe a better paying position would be better for you....But then again, you won't be allowed to lay at the pool all summer.
As a teacher, we were AT LEAST 60 hours a week, a LOT of it unpaid. And when it all gets broken down, we get paid about $24/hour for the hours we DO get paid. That 10 weeks off in the summer, 2 weeks off at Christmas, and 1 week off for Spring Break? WELL DESERVED BUDDY.
justme

Hampton, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

maybe but people that work in the private sector probably work just as hard as well. They' certainly don't get 13 weeks off every year. I agree that teachers don't make a exorbitant amount of money but most go into teaching know of the pay they'll be receiving and most will tell you that they go into teaching so that they don't have to work during the summer. Bottom line, they know what they're facing when they sign those contracts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Williamsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Williamsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••