Newport News teacher faces more charges

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

A Newport News high school teacher has been suspended without pay after being arrested on charges in three jurisdictions of taking indecent liberties with a minor, school officials said TuesdayAll charges ...
Comments
21 - 37 of 37 Comments Last updated Jan 7, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Obama 08

Virginia Beach, VA

#21 Dec 30, 2008
JDB wrote:
<quoted text>
he has not been convicted -- just an allegation
He's guilty as hell. It wouldnt be in the paper if he werent guilty.
Delo

Williamsburg, VA

#22 Dec 30, 2008
Jar wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't being inconsistent--I meant that there might have been another reason for the kid making up the charges, but that was probably the scenario. I know Mark and have known him for a few years. I also know the type of students he teaches and the type that are drawn to him, so I am positive he didn't do it. I've misjudged people before in life, so it is possible, but I'm certainly not going to come on this forum and not give my every effort to stick up for him.
Well I see why you are so staunch in your support of him now. However, the fact that you have known him for years is hardly a reason to vehemently say his is not possibly guilty. Please don't tell my that you have never heard of someone being convicted of a heinous crime and his or her friends and family saying, "That's just not possible, he would never do something like that, I've known him for years".

The absolute truth is, you really don't know.
Delo

Williamsburg, VA

#23 Dec 30, 2008
Obama 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
That right there is funny, I don't care who ya are.:-)
Joe

Newport News, VA

#24 Dec 30, 2008
knowin yo business wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, I take it that you have never been a child or a teenager? What will you be saying if it is in fact true? Your parents should have NEVER reproduced.
A child is one thing, a teenager is another--I know this because I work with teenagers all the time and I have my own children. The fact that you say things like, "your parents should have never reproduced" is a fairly solid indication of your intelligence level. Thank you for allowing me to shrug off anything you say. He didn't do it.
Jar

Newport News, VA

#25 Dec 30, 2008
Delo wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I see why you are so staunch in your support of him now. However, the fact that you have known him for years is hardly a reason to vehemently say his is not possibly guilty. Please don't tell my that you have never heard of someone being convicted of a heinous crime and his or her friends and family saying, "That's just not possible, he would never do something like that, I've known him for years".
The absolute truth is, you really don't know.
True, but as a friend, I have to do my job. As a teacher, I have to make it clear that the teenagers I work with are, on the whole, not trustworthy when it comes to this sort of thing.

“OMG quit fussin!!!”

Since: Jan 08

Poq. and Proud of it

#26 Dec 30, 2008
Joe wrote:
<quoted text>
A child is one thing, a teenager is another--I know this because I work with teenagers all the time and I have my own children. The fact that you say things like, "your parents should have never reproduced" is a fairly solid indication of your intelligence level. Thank you for allowing me to shrug off anything you say. He didn't do it.
The fact that I said that your parents should have never reproduced is a true statement. You may work with teenagers but it is unfair to lump them all into the same catagory. I guess it's understandable in your case since your family tree doesnt fork.
Jar

Newport News, VA

#27 Dec 31, 2008
<quoted text>
The fact that I said that your parents should have never reproduced is a true statement. You may work with teenagers but it is unfair to lump them all into the same catagory. I guess it's understandable in your case since your family tree doesnt fork.
Hah! "Family tree doesn't fork!" I love watching ignorant people regurgitate endless worn out cliches, imagining themselves clever! Do some more! But, you'll still be wrong--never trust a teenager you don't know personally.

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

#28 Dec 31, 2008
Delo wrote:
<quoted text>
Aye my lad, either that or gargle with double ought buckshot.
That will also work well.

“OMG quit fussin!!!”

Poq. and Proud of it

#29 Jan 3, 2009
Jar wrote:
<quoted text>
Hah! "Family tree doesn't fork!" I love watching ignorant people regurgitate endless worn out cliches, imagining themselves clever! Do some more! But, you'll still be wrong--never trust a teenager you don't know personally.
Your mother should have regurgitated afte she swallowed. It would appear that your problem with teenagers is the fact that most of them turn you down in the chat rooms! Go back under your rock and do the world a favor.
GWH

Newport News, VA

#30 Jan 3, 2009
Obama 08 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just Racist as hell. You post just like HG. Ya both are losers. HeeeHeee
Jar

Newport News, VA

#31 Jan 3, 2009
<quoted text>
Your mother should have regurgitated afte she swallowed. It would appear that your problem with teenagers is the fact that most of them turn you down in the chat rooms! Go back under your rock and do the world a favor.
Sweet, you didn't disappoint. That's three in one post! You've got to have some more, people like you always do! Hit me with them!

“OMG quit fussin!!!”

Poq. and Proud of it

#32 Jan 4, 2009
Jar wrote:
<quoted text>
Sweet, you didn't disappoint. That's three in one post! You've got to have some more, people like you always do! Hit me with them!
I am sure that you frequently disappoint. What is unforgivable is that you are lumping everyone together into a negative stew. Not every single teenager that walks the face of the Earth is a liar, thief, or murderer. It is teenagers that will one day be changing your dirty depends and wiping your face after you eat when you are in HappyHills Nursing home. It is teenagers who will one day run our country-who may make a difference in the world. I can only hope that when you are sitting there in your final stages of dimentia that your nurse remembers your stupidity today.
Jar

Newport News, VA

#33 Jan 4, 2009
Yes, but then they won't be teenagers and will therefore be more dependable and trustworthy--that's what age and experience does to people. At the high school age, however, unless one knows a person, they should not be trusted until what they say is completely proven. "Frequently disappoint," though... another good one! Seriously, the "oh so clever" one liners are wonderful!
kelseyb

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#34 Jan 5, 2009
I think that it is very unfortunate that some of you would use this forum to argue about each other's maturity level. It's fine to have opinions about whether Mark (or Steven, or Mr. Yewcic, however you refer to him) is innocent or guilty, but the fact that everyone is innocent until proven guilty needs to be kept in mind. I'm well aware that knowing someone for years isn't an adequate justification for why I believe he is innocent, but after working with Mark for years and seeing him interact with others my age (both male and female), my personal belief is that he is not guilty.

“The opposite of Progress ”

Since: Nov 08

is Congress

#35 Jan 5, 2009
kelseyb wrote:
I think that it is very unfortunate that some of you would use this forum to argue about each other's maturity level. It's fine to have opinions about whether Mark (or Steven, or Mr. Yewcic, however you refer to him) is innocent or guilty, but the fact that everyone is innocent until proven guilty needs to be kept in mind. I'm well aware that knowing someone for years isn't an adequate justification for why I believe he is innocent, but after working with Mark for years and seeing him interact with others my age (both male and female), my personal belief is that he is not guilty.
I think most people realize that you are innoocent until proven guilty. What they comment on is how they personally feel about situations and "assume" that the person in the articles did what is printed. Unfortuately those same articles don't carry much of what happened in complete detail (I don't think there is room). JMHO
Grayslake HS Student

Lexington Park, MD

#36 Jan 6, 2009
Thats nothing! My former tennis coach ended up marrying one of his students when she graduated high school and they were banging each other when he was a teacher and she was a student...ahh but she was hot
Jar

Newport News, VA

#37 Jan 7, 2009
Grayslake HS Student wrote:
Thats nothing! My former tennis coach ended up marrying one of his students when she graduated high school and they were banging each other when he was a teacher and she was a student...ahh but she was hot
Case in point, re: teenagers... I'm sure the two of them will be very happy together, though.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shipyard employee ticked off 7 hr Todd 9
Newport News police search for suspected rapist (Apr '08) 17 hr naked clown 2
Hampton looks for more math teachers Sun Tabb 4
Debate: Health Care - Newport News, VA (Oct '09) Fri Spc Caryn E Nouv 23
Peninsula area students make gains in math SOL ... Aug 27 Davis 2
Isle of Wight schools to post 'In God We Trust'... Aug 25 Davis 2
? Moving to Hampton, VA? (Aug '06) Aug 25 Anonymous 266
•••
•••
Williamsburg Dating