Memorial in honor of Buddy Cook Frida...

Memorial in honor of Buddy Cook Friday Night August 29th.

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

Information On Buddy Cook

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Aug 18, 2008
Kim and Kevin Moler and the entire staff of Moler Raceway Park express
their sympathy to the family of Buddy Cook, a long time track and derby
official.

Moler Raceway Park engaged Buddy and David Cook
to supervise and run a demolition derby that was sponsored and
organized by the Eastern Star as a charity event for Shriners Burns
Hospital on Saturday night August 16th. Buddy Cook has officiated
demolition derbies for 30 years and was known as “The Man” when it came
to running derbies.

As derby officials they are in the infield keeping
time and keeping cars moving or stopping cars if need be. They have
flags to control the action. Buddy was struck after a chain-reaction
crash around 7:30 p.m.

We would like to thank all our emergency staff ,
Mt. Orab EMS, Fire Department, Sheriffs and track officials who were at
the scene and responded immediately.

Buddy was initially alert and responding to
medical personnel. Air Care was immediately called and arrived within
a very short period of time. After the helicopter arrived, according
to medical personnel Buddy went into Cardiac arrest and passed away in
the ambulance.

Our thoughts and20prayers go out to the entire Cook
family and everyone who ever had the honor of meeting Buddy “The Man”
Cook.

Visitation which is open to the public will be held Thursday
August 21st from 5 to 8 p.m., with the service following visitation at
the Treadway-Pollitt Funeral Home,
2131 Cameron Avenue, Norwood, OH 45212.

Moler Raceway Park will be taking up collections for the
family and will hold a
Memorial in honor of Buddy Cook Friday Night August 29th.
Close Molers

Roy, WA

#2 Aug 18, 2008
Is there anywhere else we can send our donation's for Buddy Cook Memorial?
There is no way I would go back to Moler Raceway Park after witnessing that Saturday night.
And can anyone tell me what happened to the other half of the money that was collected on Saturday, I know half went to Shrinner's hospital, but where did the other half go?
random racer

Newport, KY

#3 Aug 19, 2008
I have known Buddy cook very long as a member he and Davids team and I know for a fact Buddy him self would not have blamed Moler speedway and for you to sit there and judge people you know nothing about is compleaty disrespectful to not only the race track but Buddy Cook, and his entire family as well yes it a freak accident it is a risk you take every time you go on the track weather it be an Offical or driver. Why don't you try thinking of other people besides yourself
Close Molers

United States

#4 Aug 20, 2008
I'm not speaking for Buddy, I'm speaking for myself and all that I am saying is "I" wouldn't go back to the track!
I didn't realize that I was attending a "backyard hillbilly derby" if I would of known that I would of never went in the first place. They should of had barriers and should of had a siren to stop the derby.
Moler should of stuck to what they knew and that was races not derbys
And it's too bad that Buddy isn't here to speak for himself, so people should quit speaking for him, nobody knows how Buddy truly felt.
God Bless Buddy's family and all the children and adults who had to witness that horrific event.
Random Racer

Dayton, OH

#5 Aug 20, 2008
Buddy was a very good man and would not blame other people for what happened maybe thats something you should try and stop being so inconsiderate of Buddy' s close friends and family by voicing your opinion in such a rude and disrespectful manner
molers sucks

Cincinnati, OH

#6 Aug 20, 2008
Random Racer wrote:
Buddy was a very good man and would not blame other people for what happened maybe thats something you should try and stop being so inconsiderate of Buddy' s close friends and family by voicing your opinion in such a rude and disrespectful manner
well maybe you should get your head out of you butt.
Grateful Race Fan

United States

#8 Aug 20, 2008
I have one suggestion to all of you, be thankful you are here today. If you were in attendance at the derby I deeply feel for you, witnessing any kind a tragic ACCIDENT is something that no one should experience. But to put blame on anyone but the Man upstairs is WRONG. We all take respondsiblity for our own life and those we love when we attend any type of function in any type of position, where there is any danger. I have witnessed death at tracks over 30 years and after the initial shock I accept that it is GODS WILL!
Brown County

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Aug 20, 2008
RANDOM RACER-I think your only concern is the racetrack. I'm sure if "The Man" could of chose Life or Moler he would of choose life. I pray that Moler get's shut down. Also everyone has a Opinion and if you don't like it -WHO CARES-
Shut It Down

Dayton, OH

#10 Aug 22, 2008
I agree with the previous post. Blaming the death on God is just a cop out. We are supposed to use good judgement when it comes to life. To throw caution to the wind is wrong. Buddy was in danger just by being on the track unprotected with cars crashing all about him. He was probably a nice man but let's not say "oh well, let's blame the Man upstairs". Buddy died needlessly. How many deaths are there at demolition derbies in the U.S. every year? Why is no on in authority trying to find out IF the Moler's were at fault in anyway?
Race guy

Johnstown, OH

#11 Aug 22, 2008
ufronitly the state of has no regulatoins on derbys so there will not be an more invesigation so I don't think moler will get shut down no matter how many topix pages you start. If you never go back to moler thats fine I respect you choice to do that but just stop being so disrespectful maybe the state will step and make some rules for derbys after this.
2 cents

Fort Thomas, KY

#12 Aug 28, 2008
An accident is called just that for a reason. It was an ACCIDENT. Yet at any construction site in the state if a person is injured or killed there is an investigation FOR GOOD REASON. Surely no business WANTS people to get hurt, but there is such a thing as negligence. Those of you who want to sweep this under the rug it is easy to say blame it on the man upstairs, but why should Molers be treated any different than any other business in the state?? This isn't the Wild West where you stake your claim on some property and do whatever you want as much as the Molers want to believe that. Until they take some responsibilty for their actions and their attitudes it will catch up with them sooner or late. And yes, we can only PRAY that the state will begin to see the problems with dirt tracks and derbies being given so much free rein and will place some common sense restrictions on these outfits.
World 100 Champ

West Chester, OH

#13 Aug 30, 2008
Buddy died helping the sport he loved.!His wife said <Buddy died at the place he would of always wanted to die at a Race track>And it wasnt MRP falt it wasnt no ones falt if you would clean your ears you would know how he died....To cars got stuck together and another car kept pushing and the to cars brake lines busted and they could stop and thats how he went to Up Above..!! My heart goes out to the Cook family.
Shut Molers Down

Cincinnati, OH

#14 Aug 30, 2008
He died what he liked doing, but we all know he died because of Molers Hillbilly Back Yard Derby."NO SAFETY" What more needs to be said!!
Need answers

Dayton, OH

#15 Aug 31, 2008
No one is really saying:
Why videos were taken from the spectators?
Why is everyone so blinded as to Moler's probable negligence?
What about barriers/sirens that were supposed to be in place?
Why Brown County Sheriff's department ruling it an "accident"?
Give it time things might just change. In today's society people will sue at a drop of a hat. Example - McDonald's coffee burn. I'd say that this "accident" would make a better case than the coffee burn. The Moler's would be very foolish if they try that stunt again!!!
JUST WANDERING

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Mar 3, 2009
I HAVE HEARD FROM FAMILY FRIENDS THAT DAVE COOK AND HIS DAD WHERE NOT AS CLOSE AS EVRYONE BELIEVES, AND THAT BUDDYS WIFE NOW WHATS TO SUE TRACK AND WILL NOT TALK TO DAVE OR OTHERS RELATED TO HIM, WHATEVER DID HAPPEN WITH THE MISSING MONEY, I HEARD DAVE WAS TRAVELING SINCE HIS FATHERS DEATH IS THAT WHERE THE DONATIONS WENT, SUCH A SAD WAY TO HAVE THINGS TURN OUT IF THIS IS TRUE, MY CONDOLENCES REMAIN WITH ALL INVOLVED, I DON'T BELIEVE BUDDY WOULD HAVE WANTED TO DIE SO SOON BUT HE SURELY DID LOVE RACING
Past Racer

Cincinnati, OH

#17 Sep 1, 2009
I could have called that one, the part about the wife Mary wanting to Sue. With out Buddy she would be back on the welfare line. Not to say the Cooks are any better. Some of you may fantasize that Buddy was a good guy. Yeah! He like racing, he liked it so much he stole everything he could to keep racing. The only time I thought Buddy was becoming a decent man is when he was married to a race car driver. She was really sweet, don't remember her name, but I understand why she jumped ship. I heard he even ripped her off. One more note. Moler's don't let the grieving widow (LOL) get a dime from you. She needs to get her fat ass a job!
A Friend

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Aug 9, 2013
I've been trying to find Buddy for many years. I was a good friend of his. I just found out today that he had passed away. I was afraid of that, since I couldn't get him for so long. I drove to a place he used to work & asked them. I've been reading since I got home. I want to state that Buddy and his son were VERY close! Whoever "Just Wandering" talked to sure didn't know them very much. My next comment is to "Past Racer"...Buddy didn't steal! Ever! I was with him many times while he was working. I knew him for years and years. He helped my daughter learn to drive. What stuff you are putting out is ridiculous & is a travesty! God Bless Buddy. May God Bless his son and daughter and grandkids! We need more people on this earth like Buddy Cook!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hillary bien 23 hr Red Head Ed 2
Micayla Brown at Wendy's (Nov '15) 23 hr Black MT o PD D 13
Jobe Homan (Apr '16) Jan 9 Assumptiveofyou 4
Joey and Nick russ Jan 7 Snitch buster 3
massage Jan 3 BOOYAKASHA 4
Bastin Home aka Debbie Bastin (Nov '10) Jan 1 Just saying 14
the music thread (Mar '12) Dec '16 Musikologist 25

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance