First Prev
of 3
Next Last
John

Truth Or Consequences, NM

#2 Aug 28, 2011
This whole site is nothing more than mean-spirited, radical left-wing sniping at public figures, all of whom happen to own most of the major businesses in town.

If this isn't an obvious attempt to tear down the town and ruin its economy, I don't know what is. There isn't an ounce of positive stuff in it, all negative... not worth ever visiting again.
Brilliant

Elephant Butte, NM

#3 Aug 28, 2011
John is totally frightened. He must be featured in Stumblewire as one of the crooks that got busted.

What could possibly scare him so? I know, I know...I bet he helped the police Chief fence the stolen weapons.
PAYyerPROPERTYta xes

Elephant Butte, NM

#4 Aug 28, 2011
John wrote:
This whole site is nothing more than mean-spirited, radical left-wing sniping at public figures, all of whom happen to own most of the major businesses in town.
If this isn't an obvious attempt to tear down the town and ruin its economy, I don't know what is. There isn't an ounce of positive stuff in it, all negative... not worth ever visiting again.
Gee so many have criminal records so they must be gods...to other crooks, maybe.

The citizens who actually live here, on the other hand, have a problem with this criminal takeover.
aa jondo

Alcalde, NM

#5 Aug 28, 2011
John wrote:
If there is not an ounce of positive in that site it is because it is about all the corrupt individuals who make a negative impact on our society. Are you really that uneducated? Did you miss that day at school when they taught us about the Constitution and Declaration Of Independence and the Ten Commandments? If these people had been following the teachings of Proverbs, they wouldn't be the targets of these folks. Take an honest look at your friends who you say are the major business owners and movers of our town--we have gone nowhere for more than 10 years of these people being in charge after buying elections through the best marketing they could buy. Some of these people have never held public office, but they direct those in office. You must either be new here, less than 10 years, or you are in their back pocket. I have watched this going on for more than 40 years, and I used to discount it, for it never really hurt us much and it kept our town small and backward. But it has just gone too far now,and it is costing us too much. Listen to the meetings where it comes out that we a target of scamers and we are too broke to fix our infrastructure ifwecan get stimulus money. That is a liberal, left wing agenda. True conservative republicans would demand a house cleaning and no more favors for the liberal tax leviers. Quit disregarding what the rest of our country is saying about people like this--we are tired of special interests taking advantage of public blank checks and putting themselves above the law. We are in America not Iran or China!
notme

Santa Cruz, NM

#7 Aug 30, 2011
StumblewireUSA wrote:
<quoted text> The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.~ Wayne Dyer
WOW, this sounds just like you. You don't know that you don't know, AKA ignorance

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#8 Aug 30, 2011
notme wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW, this sounds just like you. You don't know that you don't know, AKA ignorance
That's rich, calling someone else ignorant when in another thread you've decided that an ordinance is not a law and is simply policy.

Janesville, WI

#9 Aug 30, 2011
notme wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know that you don't know
It also describes the Obama Administration.

"A fanatic is one who canít change his mind and wonít change the subject." - Winston Churchill (who incidentally makes Wayne Dyer look like a bedwetting sissyboy!)

Location hidden

#10 Aug 30, 2011
Savage Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
"A fanatic is one who canít change his mind and wonít change the subject." - Winston Churchill (who incidentally makes Wayne Dyer look like a bedwetting sissyboy!)
You appear to not even know that you don't know.

Plainfield, IL

#12 Aug 30, 2011
Hail to the chief!

&fe ature=player_embedded

Whitesburg, TN

#14 Aug 31, 2011
StumblewireUSA wrote:
Truth is stranger than fiction in TrC! Read all the news the local papers won't cover. EB City Councillor Sarah Stagner busted for DUI, Police Chief sells evidence room weapons, Animal Control Officer D.Brown, son of former sheriff Ron Brown crashes city vehicle, the Herald's Editor Carlos Padilla declared indigent by courts, PUBLIC PAYS for his attorney, Josh Ashbaugh busted last year for battery on cop, DUI + more local dirt ....
Thanks for the service you provide as there are no trusted news sources in this town.

Whitesburg, TN

#15 Aug 31, 2011
StumblewireUSA wrote:
The City just passed a law that that Governor Oh! Susanna cannot enter any government building in TrC while packing a gun - HAHA + those targets she hit were about 6 feet away - any idiot could've hit them with a rock.
So this cowgirl Suzanna can shoot a gun. Whipeeeeeeeeee. That should qualify her to lead the state.

Whitesburg, TN

#16 Aug 31, 2011
Savage Heathen wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. YLTQTR? You know a thing or two about changing the subject No?

Location hidden

#17 Aug 31, 2011
So, let me see if I've got all this figured out, as I've been a little confused about what is truly happening.

We have this group of people called CAVE people who are against everything and trying to stop progress/change. They've been attacked in the streets, in the press and on this site.

Most, if not all, of these CAVE people are from somewhere else. They moved here. The newbies are AGAINST change.

The Mayors in their forum said what's wrong with this community is all these new people who left where they were from because they didn't like where they were from. This was expressed most clearly by a person who has never left the community in his close to 70 years. Real expertise on relocation I can tell. So all these new people are trying to change things and those who have been here their whole life don't like it. The newbies are FOR change and the Mayors are against it.

Huh. Both against and for change? They're hated by the same group of people for being both against change and for change.

I see what the real problem is now. It is isn't corruption. Its just plain moronic stupidity.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#18 Aug 31, 2011
Mormo wrote:
So, let me see if I've got all this figured out, as I've been a little confused about what is truly happening.
We have this group of people called CAVE people who are against everything and trying to stop progress/change. They've been attacked in the streets, in the press and on this site.
Most, if not all, of these CAVE people are from somewhere else. They moved here. The newbies are AGAINST change.
The Mayors in their forum said what's wrong with this community is all these new people who left where they were from because they didn't like where they were from. This was expressed most clearly by a person who has never left the community in his close to 70 years. Real expertise on relocation I can tell. So all these new people are trying to change things and those who have been here their whole life don't like it. The newbies are FOR change and the Mayors are against it.
Huh. Both against and for change? They're hated by the same group of people for being both against change and for change.
I see what the real problem is now. It is isn't corruption. Its just plain moronic stupidity.
Whew, that was mind boggling.

Location hidden

#19 Aug 31, 2011
NM Desert Rat wrote:
<quoted text>
Whew, that was mind boggling.
Ain't it. Reminds me of the old saying, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

So I think these newbies might be both a little bit right, but also a bit wrong. There is definitely corruption, and corruption isn't necessarily about tangible money today, but the problems aren't about that corruption.

The problem is prejudice, stupidity, and fear.
Neal M

Las Vegas, NV

#20 Aug 31, 2011
The sound you're hearing,
the sound you're fearing
is the hate that parades
up and down our streets,
coming within bounds and within reach.
Now, inside the place we hide away,
we hear it near and hope it turns away.

There's something seething in the air we're breathing.
We learn slash and burn is the method to use.
Set a flame, burn it new.
We're overpowered.
We kneel, we cower,
we cover our heads.
Feel the threat of blows
that will come and the damage
that will be done in its wake.

Now, inside this place we hide away,
we hear it near although it's miles away.
We hear it near and hope it turns away.

This house divided, we live inside it.
Hate's dwelling place is
behind our door in fitful nights.
Hear it walk the floor and hear it rage
as it moans and drags along its ball and chain,
as it moves through this house it can't escape.
Now inside this place we hide away.
We hear it near and hope it turns away.

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#22 Aug 31, 2011
Mormo wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it. Reminds me of the old saying, damned if you do and damned if you don't.
So I think these newbies might be both a little bit right, but also a bit wrong. There is definitely corruption, and corruption isn't necessarily about tangible money today, but the problems aren't about that corruption.
The problem is prejudice, stupidity, and fear.
Interesting point of view.
Neal M

Las Vegas, NV

#24 Aug 31, 2011
StumblewireUSA wrote:
There's a march planned to 'pray for our government' on October 2nd promoted by Lighthouse Church & more - that might be a good place for Neal M. to relieve his fitful nights!
You obviously did not get what she was trying to say about hate and intolerance in her poem. It is ok Brad, in all due time. Wisdom is attained, not given.

You might want to lose the constant snideness. It is off-putting and you do not win many supporters or even sympathizer easily that way (except for other hateful people). You do want to make things better and not just hurt people, right?

Anyway, that is my $.02. I wonít have to live there, but the nonsense on this forum is just amazing. You people must get tired of wearing your masks of fake civility all day, when so many of you hate each others gutsÖ.

FYI: My "fitful nights" usually involve thoughts of women, and not
town politics and my hatred for my neighbors....

Good luck...
Sophe

Lincoln, NE

#25 Aug 31, 2011
StumblewireUSA wrote:
kleptocracy, n.: A government by those who seek chiefly status and personal gain at the expense of the governed.
This has to rate as one of your dumber posts. Unfortunately there are so many to choose from.
Brilliant

Elephant Butte, NM

#26 Aug 31, 2011
Poor Mormo is getting confused. Listen to your heart and try not to fall into the traps of putting people into narrow categories.

The posters who both attack and cajole you are talking both ways because they can't remember what they said. They can't remember what they said because they're very, very sick. Sometimes the chemo works and they're reasonable. The remainder of the time, the disease eats away at them.

I don't know which comes first, the attitude or the disease.

CAVE people is an eastern term. It is used by eastern developers who want to intimidate the locals who don't want the eastern developers.

The locals don't want the eastern developers because they are bankrupt, and over on the east coast, everyone hates them. The developers have been wasting our time with promises and have been bribing our officials to push things through without our approval since 2002. The bankrupt developers (Kearney, Payne, Seeger) work through a shell corporation called HSLD, with the Economic Hit Man, Greg Neal.

Aside from various eddies in the current, such as infrastructure neglect and the usual small town antics of shunning, news abuse, and threats upon the lives of the people who are fighting back, this is pretty much the crux of the issue:

The crooked developers want "in" and the locals will only let the decent developers "in". The locals have skills. The developers don't.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
gas price gouging (Dec '13) 21 hr BluNote 196
Feds Raid Sierra County Jail (Feb '14) Thu NoIdolWhiners 137
Mexican Authorities Say ISIS Camps Located a Fe... Apr 14 EatPrayDie 1
EarthGro Garden Products at Walmart Apr 14 EatPrayDie 3
TorC Drinking Water Quality Apr 13 EatPrayDie 10
Smoke Shop Where Art Thou? Apr 11 No head shops 8
Drama Queens Apr 3 Shazam 4

Fire Weather Watch for Sierra County was issued at April 17 at 2:11PM MDT

More from around the web

Williamsburg People Search