Saxton Independent Baptist Church
Hmmmmm

Prestonsburg, KY

#201 Jul 12, 2009
Jessika wrote:
Wow! I cant believe the things some of you are writing on here about Saxton Church. Your opinion is being based on what you say you heard. I think instead of spending your time wasting your words on here judging a place that some of you have not attended personally that you should either come on in and attend a service and see for yourself. If your not more than welcomed by the church or you don't feel the lord touching you through the pastors sermon than visit other churches until you find a place that you feel welcomes you to the depths of what your personal christianity desires are. I don't think slandering a place that holds a full house of very happy ritgous christians is the answer to what any christian is or should be looking for. Advice or merely inquiring of a Church or place isn't what some of you are doing here.
I went there and the Pastor bad mouthed every denomination of Christianity, from Church of God, to even other Baptists, I believe it was the entire Southern Baptist convention he bad mouthed lol.....I mean really if someone should be told not to slander other Churches it is him, not the people in this forum exposing him for the fraud he is, living off of his church, breaking up families, and slandering other Christians
gain

Corbin, KY

#202 Jul 13, 2009
maybe wrote:
some people would like to be warned when they are about to fall into something that isn't what they pretend to be. If I had a young daugther I would want to know if something like this was going on.
tahats why there preachers to warn people to turn from there sins an repent???thats how sinners get saved... an in order for the sinner to get saved they much hear about god, so they go to church or a praecher or gods, people tell them so they came flee the wrath to come an turn from there sins... so yes sinners go too church... an yes people make mistakes there human but thank God there's a loving an merciful God, who loves everyone regardless of our mess ups , hang ups an mistakes an yes even sin... John 3:16 God is love ... people need to love an forgive an they need God... so i say be at peace with one another an frogive one another an walk in Gods, love follow his path an you will not stray or get losted... peace, love an gods heavenly hugs to all...
KY girl

Madisonville, KY

#203 Jul 13, 2009
Child of God wrote:
This is all so sad, I go to a church "down the road" and we are praying for you Saxtonites every Sunday and Wednesday night. I hope you all can rid the bitterness and pray for each other and pray that you can stay off this website. If you can't say anything nice...don't say it! The devil is really working on you all and I believe you all are good people don't let him tear your church apart!
Hey
child of God down the road at the other church
What are you doing on this website telling
another church you are praying they
can stay off you are committing the same
sin they are it is called gossip!!!!!
KY girl

Madisonville, KY

#204 Jul 13, 2009
what wrote:
saxton is one of the best places around to worship god their not isolated or cult like and the pastor is not eragent they involve themselves in the community they go soul winning they have a booth at old fashioned days every year and when all that was goin on at cumberland college about gay rights they was the only church that wnt down there to stand up against it because homosexuality is an abomination to god.
True all the other
churches are cowards and like the
news media afraid of queers and towel heads!!!
AMEN.
A real Saxtonite

Anderson, SC

#205 Jul 16, 2009
Its funny really.... those whom are really all about the lord are the ones attacked...the fact so many enjoy discussing our church is just bringing more to the door to find out for themselves...they find good people living godly lives or sinners looking for the lord Saxtons just in love with the lord...thanks for the fire the more u talk the more exictied we are that were doing it right thanks!!!!!\
A real Saxtonite

Anderson, SC

#206 Jul 16, 2009
Someone please tell me what family Mike Gray has ever broken up please....oh wait yah cant ....im actually laughing at this stuff!!!!!!!111
Hmmmmm

Winchester, KY

#207 Jul 17, 2009
KY girl wrote:
<quoted text>True all the other
churches are cowards and like the
news media afraid of queers and towel heads!!!
AMEN.
you really represent them well lol
Sick of it

United States

#208 Feb 16, 2010
CONCERNED CITIZEN wrote:
Isn't Mike Gray's wife the wonderful woman who slept with her 17 year old foster kid? Hmmm i'm sure that's a great example. And to quote a sermon from there,"I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, THAT MICHAEL JACKSON IS A FAG", this was followed by many cheers from the crowd, oh yeah sounds like the love of God is flowing from that place LOL
It really is true about her. They make money on unfortunate kids and sometimes they get a little extra "fun"
just me

Athens, TN

#209 Feb 17, 2010
i think after someone is sexual with their foster child they should be kicked out of the system..
how can you let other kids around that person??
NoTW

United States

#210 Oct 6, 2010
I've attended the church and haven't found a church out there yet that sticks so close to the Bible! I love that place, friendly people, a good pastor and just an all around awesome environment!! For those of you talking about his comments of 'churches down the road' i believe he is fully right in calling out the unbiblical practices of other self professed Christians. The Bible teaches us that we should admonish one another and do nothing cause our brother to stumble. If hearing Bible based preaching and being around folks that actually follow what the Bible says bothers you then perhaps you shouldn't attend this church and keep your ignorant opinion to yourself. As for you saying that you 'heard' things about the church, you are repeating other peoples idocy...not sure what that makes you but I'm fairly certain it isn't all that great.
Ky Girl

Madisonville, KY

#211 Oct 9, 2010
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
you really represent them well lol
I do not attend that church but however know some
wonderful people who do. There is no perfect church
because it is made up of flesh and blood we are
all sinners some saved sinners some not.
Saxton dedicated member

Sikeston, MO

#212 Oct 14, 2010
just me wrote:
i think after someone is sexual with their foster child they should be kicked out of the system..
how can you let other kids around that person??
She never slept with her foster children!!!! Don't bring down such a great woman of god!
just me

Middlesboro, KY

#213 Jun 10, 2011
Well now mike ran Tammy off filed for divorce and now he got him a younger girl in the church that is just a few years older than his own girl I didnt think a preacher was aloud to do that and stil keep right on being a pastor of a church
Just me

Pikeville, KY

#214 Jun 10, 2011
Where do you get this information? What is her name?
truth

Middlesboro, KY

#215 Jun 15, 2011
i now them
Ky girl

Middlesboro, KY

#216 Jun 18, 2011
Mike gray got up in church told everybody all about his divorce let everybody say what they thought bout it then when it got out he was seeing the young girl in the church some didn't like it he said it wasn't none of anybodies bussiness it's his personal live he didn't want to discuss that
Who cares

United States

#217 Jun 18, 2011
Ky girl wrote:
Mike gray got up in church told everybody all about his divorce let everybody say what they thought bout it then when it got out he was seeing the young girl in the church some didn't like it he said it wasn't none of anybodies bussiness it's his personal live he didn't want to discuss that
So what
So what

Pikeville, KY

#218 Jun 18, 2011
This is obviously someone who wants to run Mike down. Hmm. If you know so much, please state who he is dating. If not, go to bed.
ky girl

Middlesboro, KY

#219 Jun 19, 2011
well a few people think he shouldnt still be the pastour he should have to step down i mean he sure is stetting a good example for the people that go there but he wanted a younger girl so he rsn tammy off and he is seeing leah said they were praying bout it but they still hanging out together
Concerned

United States

#220 Jun 19, 2011
You get it "Ky girl"!! He should have stepped down as soon as he was having marriage problems. Any other preacher would do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cops on 26 between paylake and 3pt. 4 hr Suspicious dad 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr Wisdom of God 170,607
News Police investigating triple homicide in Whitley... 10 hr 11 204
how Many dogs can you legally have in this town? Thu Gungy 8
lawyer adam howard Thu Gray 6
Pug Puppy Dec 12 Swap shop 2
Big Tom Hurst Dec 12 KJV 31

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages