Best and worst church in Whitley coun...

Best and worst church in Whitley county.

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

Going straight

Detroit, MI

#1 May 6, 2011
I'm looking for one that teaches and preaches straight from the Bible.
teach

Pine Knot, KY

#2 May 6, 2011
Going straight wrote:
I'm looking for one that teaches and preaches straight from the Bible.
I find a lot are just cloths line preachers, which has nothing to do what is on the inside,
Any Many Miney Mo

Tiptonville, TN

#3 May 6, 2011
I would recommend Pleasant View in Canada Town - The preacher is Ecellent, but as for the congregation, now that's another story - Seems the can do and say thing thang they want today as long as they confess on Sunday.
mhm

United States

#4 May 6, 2011
Brays Chapel Church of God is awesome
did not know it

Madisonville, KY

#5 May 6, 2011
didn't know there was a pleasant view cchurch in Canadatownn? Where is it?
Jim

Toledo, OH

#6 May 6, 2011
Does cox still preach
think

Pine Knot, KY

#7 May 6, 2011
did not know it wrote:
didn't know there was a pleasant view cchurch in Canadatownn? Where is it?
dont know, but I think, they might be referring, to Pleasant Hill down past Piny Grove area , not in canada town
JMA04

Corbin, KY

#8 May 6, 2011
Wofford Baptist is wonderful.
great church

Winchester, KY

#10 May 7, 2011
Try Cornerstone Community Church in Williamsburg, close to Bryant's. There's a team of teaching pastors there and I've always liked all their sermons. They also have a great worship team. Its nondenominational and come as you are. Its also the only church that really speaks out to college students. I definitely recommend this church!
Agreed

Toledo, OH

#11 May 7, 2011
JMA04 wrote:
Wofford Baptist is wonderful.
I agree! Wofford is a wonderful spirit filled church! Straight from the Bible, come as you are, always welcome! Sunday school at 10, service at 11, evening service at 6! Come visit!
Sam

Sikeston, MO

#12 May 7, 2011
Anyone ever tried Calvary here in Williamsburg?
Know him

Paris, KY

#13 May 7, 2011
Sam wrote:
A man of GOD that smoke???? WRONG!!!!
nope

Sikeston, MO

#14 May 7, 2011
Know him wrote:
<quoted text>
A man of GOD that smoke???? WRONG!!!!
if you are saying that some one who smokes is comiting a sin...your the one thats wrong.....smokeing wont send you to hell, it might make you smell like you have been there tho...i dont smoke but the way i see it, if you are a christian and you smoke and the LORD has told you to quit and you dont then you have sined...the bible says work out you OWN soul salvation...they were talkin bout clothes line preaching thats bout the same thing, GOD'S not in to hurting people, he takes you as you are....
Beenthere

Detroit, MI

#15 May 8, 2011
Sam wrote:
I have, didn't care for it. I didn't feel welcomed or like I "fit in" at all. Didn't get to here the Pastor tho, a younger guy was preaching. O tried to approach him after the service with a few questions and he just acted like he didn't have time for me. He did invite me back for a Sunday school class that he teaches. The music was good, but I don't go just for the music.
Methodist Church in town

Lexington, KY

#16 May 8, 2011
This church is very active in community, the people care about the Bible and do not judge. They have programs for every age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how Many dogs can you legally have in this town? 1 hr Gungy 8
lawyer adam howard 3 hr Gray 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr Paul 170,593
Pug Puppy Tue Swap shop 2
Big Tom Hurst Dec 12 KJV 31
quail Dec 12 Know 2
Ashley warren Dec 11 Ewwww 3

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance