Williamsburg Nursing Home

Williamsburg Nursing Home

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
say what

United States

#1 Jul 27, 2010
Why is every one quiting? Thought it was the best place to work?
i tell ya

Somerset, KY

#2 Jul 27, 2010
they are rude and mean they talk to you like your stupid.
use too

United States

#3 Jul 27, 2010
I use to work thair. It is a bad place to work. The rules at this place change daily. To many Cheifs not enough Indians. I quit when Debbie Hill become supervisor over the skilled unit. She was such a but as a nurse to the girls and residents on the floor. I couldnt imagine working upunder neith her as a supervisor.
SAD BUMP

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Jul 27, 2010
THIS NEEDS MORE BUMPS, LET EVERYONE KNOW THE DIRT SO THEIR FAMILY MEMBERS CAN GET OUT OF THERE! I WORKED AS A VOLUNTEER AND THEY TRY TO KEEP SOME PEOPLE FROM JOINING THE OTHERS IN THE kITCHEN/DAYROOM. THAT sucks GREEN APPLES! AND LEMONS TOOO.

THEY ALSO NEED MORE STAFF LIKE NURSE AIDS AND i LOVE THE ACTIVITIE DIRECTOR JOYCE BUT THINK THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BE ASKED TO JOIN IN.......

THE SOCIAL WORKER USED TO BE DANIEL BUT I HAVE FOUND OUT IT IS DIANE SINCE maybe MORE FAMILY MEETINGS COULD BE SCHEDULED like AT LEAST ONE TIME A MONTH ESPECIALLY FOR THOSE THAT DON'T GET MANY VISITS < THIS MAY GET THEM THERE)i hope:)

kEEP BUMPING THIS UP OK?
Why

United States

#6 Jul 27, 2010
Why didnt thay let every one join the activities?
i think

Middlesboro, KY

#7 Jul 27, 2010
Why wrote:
Why didnt thay let every one join the activities?
i think that they did'nt want the ones who was physically and or mentally unfit to be in the kitchen dining area cause thats the first ones u see when u go into the place usually..my opinion..
Beck

United States

#8 Jul 27, 2010
use too wrote:
I use to work thair. It is a bad place to work. The rules at this place change daily. To many Cheifs not enough Indians. I quit when Debbie Hill become supervisor over the skilled unit. She was such a but as a nurse to the girls and residents on the floor. I couldnt imagine working upunder neith her as a supervisor.
Omg that still works thair?
BuMP

Middlesboro, KY

#9 Jul 27, 2010
Just hit a speeD BumP ha ha anyway I think they are quitting for better jobs... HOPEFULLY they will reply
old employee

New Market, TN

#10 Jul 27, 2010
I was working there until about 6 weeks ago. THat place became a horrible place to work the past few months. They made many changes by adding 15 residents to 100 unit but only adding one girl to help take care of those extra 15. As if the job wasn't hard enough already. But the care of the residents went down hill because us CNAs did not have enough time to care for the residents the way they needed to be cared for. A lot of residents fell and got hurt on several occasions, jobs were have done, and it was just a big mess.
Bump

United States

#11 Jul 28, 2010
I worked thair also,I agree with you old employee thay put to much on thair aids! What the office dont get the residents change, and you have no extra help. The only ones that get taken care of like thay should is the residents with family who stays on the offices back, Then you have the outhers who has no family that dont get the proper care. I worked thair for about 3 months and seen what was going on I couldnt take it. God bless every one down thair.
Why

United States

#12 Jul 28, 2010
i think wrote:
<quoted text>i think that they did'nt want the ones who was physically and or mentally unfit to be in the kitchen dining area cause thats the first ones u see when u go into the place usually..my opinion..
That is so sad and not right some one needs to call some one about that.
str8s the gate

Middlesboro, KY

#13 Jul 28, 2010
could call the ombudsman or used to could,,,can the residents still call if they are imprperrly treated or their family call?
btw

Robbins, TN

#14 Jul 28, 2010
debbie hill was always good to me when i worked there and to those who worked hard. she just dont put up with laziness or petty childish games
someone

United States

#15 Jul 28, 2010
btw wrote:
debbie hill was always good to me when i worked there and to those who worked hard. she just dont put up with laziness or petty childish games
yeah right that's just if your her pick.
old employee

New Market, TN

#16 Jul 28, 2010
yes family members can still call the ombudsman and so can the residents and then the ombudsman will come in and do an investigation
tiny dingaling

Corbin, KY

#17 Jul 29, 2010
old employee wrote:
I was working there until about 6 weeks ago. THat place became a horrible place to work the past few months. They made many changes by adding 15 residents to 100 unit but only adding one girl to help take care of those extra 15. As if the job wasn't hard enough already. But the care of the residents went down hill because us CNAs did not have enough time to care for the residents the way they needed to be cared for. A lot of residents fell and got hurt on several occasions, jobs were have done, and it was just a big mess.
my girl friend work there an she told me that they treat the the old folks there like crap an the employees too my gf got wrote up an drug tested cus an old woman bit her an all she was tryin to do is get her up an get her ready for her shower i told her to quite there are better jobs out there for her an the fact shse does more than what she should cuase of certain nurses sit on ther asses an do nothing
btw

Robbins, TN

#18 Jul 29, 2010
i was not one of debbie picks i did not take breaks with her or anything else but when i needed help from a nurse i called her and thats a nurse i have seen answer many a call lights. i left there before she became supervisor though
An Aide 4-Ever N Always

Madisonville, KY

#19 Aug 1, 2010
It's true about 100 unit getting more residents and adding another girl to that unit, but they now added one more girl so there are now 5 and things are getting better. I'm sorry that you (old employee) left that place, but you should have stayed. It only takes one person to stand up and say hey this ain't right and this needs to change. You could have been the voice that everybody needed to hear and others would follow. I can honestly say that Debbie Hill is a great nurse and will always help when she can. I'm not one of her girls either, but I do know if you do your work you have no problems with her. She wants things done right and sometimes you have to get onto someone to do it and if that makes her a bad nurse then I'd hate to see a good nurse. Everybody is asked to go to join in activities and if they don't want to go we can't make them go. No one is ever left out!!!! Okay so about the family thing they do something every month for the families to come in and have supper. Not all family members show up so we can't do anything about that, and they even have special days for families to come in and do things on holidays. You will always come across a job that needs work here and there and come on, no nursing home is perfect! We work as hard as we can to make the nursing home a happy place. Please step back and look at the good side of the nursing home and all the good people who work there and that are trying to make it a fun and happy place to be for everyone!
been there

Pineville, KY

#20 Aug 2, 2010
An Aide 4-Ever N Always wrote:
It's true about 100 unit getting more residents and adding another girl to that unit, but they now added one more girl so there are now 5 and things are getting better. I'm sorry that you (old employee) left that place, but you should have stayed. It only takes one person to stand up and say hey this ain't right and this needs to change. You could have been the voice that everybody needed to hear and others would follow. I can honestly say that Debbie Hill is a great nurse and will always help when she can. I'm not one of her girls either, but I do know if you do your work you have no problems with her. She wants things done right and sometimes you have to get onto someone to do it and if that makes her a bad nurse then I'd hate to see a good nurse. Everybody is asked to go to join in activities and if they don't want to go we can't make them go. No one is ever left out!!!! Okay so about the family thing they do something every month for the families to come in and have supper. Not all family members show up so we can't do anything about that, and they even have special days for families to come in and do things on holidays. You will always come across a job that needs work here and there and come on, no nursing home is perfect! We work as hard as we can to make the nursing home a happy place. Please step back and look at the good side of the nursing home and all the good people who work there and that are trying to make it a fun and happy place to be for everyone!
u need to go to school and not be an aid forever and always make the pay like the lpn and rn's do.. IDEA: take a anonymous poll and have residents give their opinions anonomously-this will help u figure it out
Agree

United States

#21 Aug 2, 2010
An Aide 4-Ever N Always wrote:
It's true about 100 unit getting more residents and adding another girl to that unit, but they now added one more girl so there are now 5 and things are getting better. I'm sorry that you (old employee) left that place, but you should have stayed. It only takes one person to stand up and say hey this ain't right and this needs to change. You could have been the voice that everybody needed to hear and others would follow. I can honestly say that Debbie Hill is a great nurse and will always help when she can. I'm not one of her girls either, but I do know if you do your work you have no problems with her. She wants things done right and sometimes you have to get onto someone to do it and if that makes her a bad nurse then I'd hate to see a good nurse. Everybody is asked to go to join in activities and if they don't want to go we can't make them go. No one is ever left out!!!! Okay so about the family thing they do something every month for the families to come in and have supper. Not all family members show up so we can't do anything about that, and they even have special days for families to come in and do things on holidays. You will always come across a job that needs work here and there and come on, no nursing home is perfect! We work as hard as we can to make the nursing home a happy place. Please step back and look at the good side of the nursing home and all the good people who work there and that are trying to make it a fun and happy place to be for everyone!
I agree with this comment that was made. We try to make our residents as happy as we possibly can. I love my job and the people I take care of. I always ask myself what if it was me or my family laying thair what would i want or want for them. We do whats right for our residents. Alot of people are going to outher placed for a change not becouse thay are getting ran off or what ever. And with the debbie hill thing. she does expect you to do your job, But what person doesnt. Insted of people getting on here trashing people we need to come together as a team. It takes a lot to take care of these residents. No matter how you look at it we are a family and as a family we can work out any thing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
state highway dep clean that junk yard up at sa... 1 hr john 2
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Betty 163,449
does anyone know cheryl vanderpool. (Aug '10) 5 hr Ray Ray 11
Lisa Lovitt on 6th Street 22 hr KnowsMoreThanYouT... 9
Emlyn ( trailers for rent ) (Mar '11) Wed Dustin 29
Williamsburg Plastics no no Tue Ted 27
robin shipwash (Apr '09) Apr 22 Friend 119

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages