To people who believe homosexuality i...

To people who believe homosexuality is a choice...

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
How

Waco, KY

#1 Jun 22, 2012
If you can say that people choose to be gay then you are saying that you could choose to be aroused by a member of the same sex. As a heterosexual male, there is no way I could make the choice to be aroused by another man. Therefore anyone who says homosexuality is a choice must have some homosexual tendencies themselves.

Being aroused by another man is not a choice that I would be capable of making...
smoke

Stearns, KY

#2 Jun 22, 2012
I agree it is not a choice. It goes against the nature of man and beast to be with the same sex. God created us different so we could reproduce. That is why marriage is a man and a woman.
LOL

Somerset, KY

#3 Jun 22, 2012
Maybe it's a choice to them because they have a mental disability that we don't have. Like people that like to murder. I couldn't do that. People that mistreat and/or molest children I get sick to my stomach just thinking that any one in there right mind could do some thing like that to a person. It is there choice to murder, rape, molest, kill and be gay because some thing in there brain is missing don't you think. Or am I wrong?
How

United States

#4 Jun 22, 2012
LOL wrote:
Maybe it's a choice to them because they have a mental disability that we don't have. Like people that like to murder. I couldn't do that. People that mistreat and/or molest children I get sick to my stomach just thinking that any one in there right mind could do some thing like that to a person. It is there choice to murder, rape, molest, kill and be gay because some thing in there brain is missing don't you think. Or am I wrong?
i agree. But a christian will argue that we are all wired the same and people simply choose to be gay. And im talking about the physical part of it. To be frank, I couldnt get my penis hard for another man. Even if I chose to be gay today, physically I can not be aroused by another man. That is where choosing to murder or rape is different. Physically you could murder someone. But physically could you be aroused by another man?
LOL

Somerset, KY

#5 Jun 22, 2012
How wrote:
<quoted text>i agree. But a christian will argue that we are all wired the same and people simply choose to be gay. And im talking about the physical part of it. To be frank, I couldnt get my penis hard for another man. Even if I chose to be gay today, physically I can not be aroused by another man. That is where choosing to murder or rape is different. Physically you could murder someone. But physically could you be aroused by another man?
No I could not physically be aroused by another man if I were a man or could I be aroused by another women if I was a women. AND I also could not be aroused by a child to were I would want to have sex with one but they are fools out there that are.
If being gay is a choice and not a sickness then why do some marry and then divorce because they say that they just can't stand being with a woman or in a women's case being with a man any longer because they like the same sex partner and being with the opposite sex sickens them. How come some gay people say that they knew they were gay at age 6, 7, 8, 10 year old. I have heard gay's say that they knew that they were gay at those young ages. Do you think that a parent could have learned them that being gay is wrong and that it's boy-girl not boy-boy or girl-girl? Could thinking that they are gay be unlearned if a parent insist that they not think that way? Is there any parent out there that want's a gay son or daughter? My brain tells me that I like the opposite sex and it sickens me to think I would want to be with the same sex as I am. But there brain tells them that that is what they want and it sickens them to want the opposite sex. I may be wrong but that’s my opinion. I am not taking up for them, just trying to understand there way of thinking.
They will have to face God's judgment in the end all I can do is to let God speak through me (because I wouldn't know what to say to them myself) and tell a gay person in God's word's that what they are doing is wrong in his eyes and they need to change. But if they were listing to any one they wouldn't have to be told to stop being gay would they. They know it’s wrong why do you think they stay in the closet for so long before letting any one know that they are gay.
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#6 Jun 23, 2012
What about someone who is sexually attracted to lets say Incest? Is that a choice or they way they are programmed? Or the same can be said about molestation, rape, or any of that other stuff. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything but lots of others could play those cards of "I was born this way". I guess in the end its just what floats your boat.
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#7 Jun 23, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
No I could not physically be aroused by another man if I were a man or could I be aroused by another women if I was a women. AND I also could not be aroused by a child to were I would want to have sex with one but they are fools out there that are.
If being gay is a choice and not a sickness then why do some marry and then divorce because they say that they just can't stand being with a woman or in a women's case being with a man any longer because they like the same sex partner and being with the opposite sex sickens them. How come some gay people say that they knew they were gay at age 6, 7, 8, 10 year old. I have heard gay's say that they knew that they were gay at those young ages. Do you think that a parent could have learned them that being gay is wrong and that it's boy-girl not boy-boy or girl-girl? Could thinking that they are gay be unlearned if a parent insist that they not think that way? Is there any parent out there that want's a gay son or daughter? My brain tells me that I like the opposite sex and it sickens me to think I would want to be with the same sex as I am. But there brain tells them that that is what they want and it sickens them to want the opposite sex. I may be wrong but that’s my opinion. I am not taking up for them, just trying to understand there way of thinking.
They will have to face God's judgment in the end all I can do is to let God speak through me (because I wouldn't know what to say to them myself) and tell a gay person in God's word's that what they are doing is wrong in his eyes and they need to change. But if they were listing to any one they wouldn't have to be told to stop being gay would they. They know it’s wrong why do you think they stay in the closet for so long before letting any one know that they are gay.
That was a great post until ya went into Gods Judgement. I don't think being gay is wrong. If you believe in this so called "plan" that god has for us all then you'd believe that it was his intentions for this person to be gay perhaps? I'm not trying to fight with ya (in a mature way of course) but I'd like to have some answers ya know as to why we would condemn a person to hell that's really not hurting anything but there colon.:D
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#8 Jun 23, 2012
How wrote:
<quoted text>i agree. But a christian will argue that we are all wired the same and people simply choose to be gay. And im talking about the physical part of it. To be frank, I couldnt get my penis hard for another man. Even if I chose to be gay today, physically I can not be aroused by another man. That is where choosing to murder or rape is different. Physically you could murder someone. But physically could you be aroused by another man?
If you did choose to be gay today I'm pretty sure you'd be able to get hard for another man ;) Physically you could murder someone just the same as you could get turned on by another man if that's the way you want it. The heart wants what the heart wants. I've talked to women today that are with another woman because they said they got tired of the way a man treated them. That to me is a choice in a sense maybe? I dunno. Its all confusing if you think about it and I'm glad I'm a straight male cause being gay sounds complicating by the way I've heard some of em talk about their lives. I'm pretty sure that they won't be condemned into hell for really nothing more than sodomy? In the end though I have nothing against the way anyone wants to live. Its not my right or anyone elses being that if we have been given the gift of life that its our choosing to choose how we want to live without worrying about the consequences of what some big guy upstairs says about us going to hell and all that. That's why I'm glad I'm Agnostic :D Live your lives people and live it to how you want to be happy :)
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#9 Jun 23, 2012
LOL wrote:
Maybe it's a choice to them because they have a mental disability that we don't have. Like people that like to murder. I couldn't do that. People that mistreat and/or molest children I get sick to my stomach just thinking that any one in there right mind could do some thing like that to a person. It is there choice to murder, rape, molest, kill and be gay because some thing in there brain is missing don't you think. Or am I wrong?
Its your choice to be attracted to what you're attracted to no more than for what you mentioned. Some of it is wrong such as molesting children, and murder. We are brought up "at least I hope" to know that those things are wrong. If someone is an upstanding citizen, takes care of what needs to be taken care of, and wants to live their lives with the same sex then who are we to say that's wrong? Oh yeah I forgot! The Bible says it! Honestly I'd rather burn in hell along with these people than even listen to that dribble and tell someone that's really not bothering anyone that they're wrong for doing what they're doing. I get sick to my stomach to when I hear of rape to anyone "most def a child" and I'm pretty sure alot in the gay community does as well. I'm glad we're getting to a time of understanding and one day all this hate will be behind us. So until then lets bear with it :D
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#10 Jun 23, 2012
smoke wrote:
I agree it is not a choice. It goes against the nature of man and beast to be with the same sex. God created us different so we could reproduce. That is why marriage is a man and a woman.
Some of the people that are reproducing should be gay though so they don't reproduce.
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#11 Jun 23, 2012
How wrote:
If you can say that people choose to be gay then you are saying that you could choose to be aroused by a member of the same sex. As a heterosexual male, there is no way I could make the choice to be aroused by another man. Therefore anyone who says homosexuality is a choice must have some homosexual tendencies themselves.
Being aroused by another man is not a choice that I would be capable of making...
You sir make sense :D I was brought up to love in an Athiest household more than alot of Christians that I see spewing hatred on this site. Makes ya wonder :D
citizen

Winchester, KY

#12 Jun 23, 2012
Concerned Grandparent wrote:
What about someone who is sexually attracted to lets say Incest? Is that a choice or they way they are programmed? Or the same can be said about molestation, rape, or any of that other stuff. I'm not trying to start a fight or anything but lots of others could play those cards of "I was born this way". I guess in the end its just what floats your boat.
That is a choice because your cousin will either be man or woman. It isn't their cousin making them aroused, it is the gender of that person.
How

United States

#14 Jun 23, 2012
No, I could not be turned on by another man.
maybe

Chicago, IL

#15 Jun 23, 2012
Hey “Concerned Grandparent”

Seems you have recovered well…. Are you just uncontrollably drawn to hot button moral issues?

First off, I guess I’ll agree with what you said in an earlier post. I really don’t want to be disrespectful to you or anyone else. I was not raised in that way. On the other hand, I do think civil, intelligent, considerate debate is beneficial to all. I saw a bumper sticker that I liked one time. It said "IF YOU THINK EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE, TRY IGNORANCE".

That being said, I have to disagree with the atheist/humanist view that anything goes. It’s all up to you the individual is a DANGEROUS ideaology to live by! You touched on it yourself when you talked about “incest, rape, child molestation”. A person could very easily say that is just how I am. I was just born this way. You also said that you “HOPE” we are all brought up to “KNOW THAT THESE THINGS ARE WRONG.

Unfortunately we are not all brought up that way. Some do think it is OK to do WHATEVER IT IS THEY WANT TO DO…. Jeffrey Dahmer, raped, murdered, and ate body parts of his victims. Why? Because either he chose to, or his mind was perverted in some way into believing it was OK? Either way it was “WRONG”. Others suffered and died.

Adolph Hitler killed 6 million jewish people, not to mention millions of European and American individuals. Why? Because He either chose to, or his mind was perverted in some way into believing it was OK. Again, either way, it was wrong. Others suffered and died.

How far do we go in letting people says it’s their choice? Who gets to make the decision on what is acceptable and what is not? Who becomes the judge? That’s the scary part. Who do you want judging you and what basis do you want them to use??? Will the balance be fair? SCARY!!!!! As I said above, not all are brought up “NORMAL”. Whether you believe in God or not, EVIL exists. Even humanists believe in evil as a characteristic.

So, who becomes the final authority? There has to be a Bar/standard to live by. A target to shoot for. A base line to stand on. If not, everything becomes a confusing hodge podge of fantasies and hypothetical "WHAT IF'S". Soon all is lost and it is “ANARCHY”. Anything goes…..

Since according to the atheist/humanist view, God can’t be trusted as a source of what is good and what is not. The humanist/atheist thought process seems to imply that it is up to “YOU”. Which sounds excellent until you consider that some can kill. Some can rape, some can do great acts of evil and simultaneously think nothing of it. No big deal at all. Because in their heart it is OK. Might not be OK to the one/ones they hurt. But in their heart it is OK because they want it.

You made the remark “THE HEART WANTS WHAT THE
HEART WANTS”. It is a SELF issue. I WANT!!! Just wanting something to be OK does not make it OK. HOW DO YOU KEEP THAT MENTALITY IN CHECK???? Who gets to choose what is and what isn’t OK????? I honestly wish that the human heart was trustworthy when it comes to making that kind of decision, but Christian/atheist, whatever, we both know it is NOT.

So, my question…… Honestly, on this topic of “CHOICE” and the “GAY LIFESTYLE”,“ANY LIFESTYLE” for that matter, If not God, WHAT IS TRUSTWORTHY FOR US TO USE AS A BASE ON MAKING OUR DECISIONS ABOUT WHAT IS RIGHT AND WHAT IS WRONG?
Let’s lay aside God and just talk basic human morality. WHOSE is right when there are dozens/hundreds of self imposed moralities to choose from?
Both Ways

Winchester, KY

#16 Jun 23, 2012
It goes both ways lol Either you are born gay or you choose to be gay because of lifestyle etc.
LOL

Somerset, KY

#17 Jun 23, 2012
Concerned Grandparent wrote:
<quoted text>
That was a great post until ya went into Gods Judgement. I don't think being gay is wrong. If you believe in this so called "plan" that god has for us all then you'd believe that it was his intentions for this person to be gay perhaps? I'm not trying to fight with ya (in a mature way of course) but I'd like to have some answers ya know as to why we would condemn a person to hell that's really not hurting anything but there colon.:D
Well the Bible say's it's wrong. Do you believe in what the Bible say's? Was it not suppose to have been a set of rules written for us to follow. You can not follow one set of rules in the Bible and not follow all of them just because you don't like the rule or because you can't live by the rule. The Bible say's "You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination”(Leviticus 18:22; see also Leviticus 20:13)It's a sin that you will more than likely go to hell for if you don't stop your ways and ask God for forgiveness. Am I wrong? Does that not go for any sin that you commit that the Bible is against? Repent or go to hell. We were given the FREE WILL to follow the rules of the Bible that was the only PLAN that I know of God having. You can't blame God for being gay, or a child molester and so on. What you do and how you act is up to you. Maybe I'm just hoping that a piece of there brain is so messed up that they think they have to be that gay to be happy because it turn's my stomach to think of a man on man or a woman on woman It's something that I could absolutely not do. If the Bible wasn’t against it I would say more power to them because as you said they are only hurting them self’s. I know some people that are gay I don’t say a word to them about what the Bible say’s about gays. They know how to read. And in this day and time they know it’s going against God’s word.
Homer

Lancing, TN

#18 Jun 23, 2012
Mother nature says it is wrong to do homosexual acts.
Dan

United States

#19 Jun 23, 2012
If you make the choice to be gay. Then when you meet God be prepared to accept the choice he makes.
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#20 Jun 25, 2012
maybe wrote:
Hey “Concerned Grandparent”
Seems you have recovered well…. Are you just uncontrollably drawn to hot button moral issues?
First off, I guess I’ll agree with what you said in an earlier post. I really don’t want to be disrespectful to you or anyone else. I was not raised in that way. On the other hand, I do think civil, intelligent, considerate debate is beneficial to all. I saw a bumper sticker that I liked one time. It said "IF YOU THINK EDUCATION IS EXPENSIVE, TRY IGNORANCE".
That being said, I have to disagree with the atheist/humanist view that anything goes. It’s all up to you the individual is a DANGEROUS ideaology to live by! You touched on it yourself when you talked about “incest, rape, child molestation”. A person could very easily say that is just how I am. I was just born this way. You also said that you “HOPE” we are all brought up to “KNOW THAT THESE THINGS ARE WRONG.
Unfortunately we are not all brought up that way. Some do think it is OK to do WHATEVER IT IS THEY WANT TO DO…. Jeffrey Dahmer, raped, murdered, and ate body parts of his victims. Why? Because either he chose to, or his mind was perverted in some way into believing it was OK? Either way it was “WRONG”. Others suffered and died.
Adolph Hitler killed 6 million jewish people, not to mention millions of European and American individuals. Why? Because He either chose to, or his mind was perverted in some way into believing it was OK. Again, either way, it was wrong. Others suffered and died.
How far do we go in letting people says it’s their choice? Who gets to make the decision on what is acceptable and what is not? Who becomes the judge? That’s the scary part. Who do you want judging you and what basis do you want them to use??? Will the balance be fair? SCARY!!!!! As I said above, not all are brought up “NORMAL”. Whether you believe in God or not, EVIL exists. Even humanists believe in evil as a characteristic.
So, who becomes the final authority? There has to be a Bar/standard to live by. A target to shoot for. A base line to stand on. If not, everything becomes a confusing hodge podge of fantasies and hypothetical "WHAT IF'S". Soon all is lost and it is “ANARCHY”. Anything goes…..
Since according to the atheist/humanist view, God can’t be trusted as a source of what is good and what is not. The humanist/atheist thought process seems to imply that it is up to “YOU”. Which sounds excellent until you consider that some can kill. Some can rape, some can do great acts of evil and simultaneously think nothing of it. No big deal at all. Because in their heart it is OK. Might not be OK to the one/ones they hurt. But in their heart it is OK because they want it.
Well common sense should tell you what hurts one and doesn't hurt the other per say. If a person wants to bend over and take it in the ole fanny from another man and they aren't hurting themselves then why should we care? I think its alot easier to accept acts such as that and be done with it than spewing alot of shit about how its wrong. Right and wrong is a quesiton of moral you could say. I know its wrong to kill, eat, or rape anyone and anyone else should know that as well. But if you love something or be it the same sex and you aren't hurting anyone then why bother? I had to erase the last paragraph for the sake of having enough Characters in case you're wondering why that left. I'm not attacking you and I actually like your posts being that they have thought in em :D Attacking and explaining are two differnet things and the thought process you put into your posts is outstanding sir/ma'am :D Thankful you give logic. However I can't agree with some of it. But that's what makes discussions worth talking about ;)

I'll probably respond more tot his later but I'm running on borrowed time at the moment so bear with me on this subject. I'm not running at full speed at the moment.
Concerned Grandparent

Corbin, KY

#21 Jun 25, 2012
Dan wrote:
If you make the choice to be gay. Then when you meet God be prepared to accept the choice he makes.
Meh! I'm pretty sure god is gonna cast me into the furthest burrows of hell before he casts a gay guy/gal for doing the nasty!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min Betty 165,719
alisha mcelfresh arrested again (Aug '10) 2 hr Dang that wang 25
Mike's Barber Shop 2 hr Dang that wang 21
Miesha wooldridge 15 hr Josh 7
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 16 hr -Christopher Jarvis 812
News Kentucky couple charged with beating woman with... 16 hr hillbilly 2
Hammering 17 hr Rudy 1

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages