5th and 6th Grade Football

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Central Parent

United States

#1 Aug 22, 2012
I am wanting to know why Scott Paul told all of the coaches that they could not play Williamsburgs team that they already had games scheduled to play. My son was really looking forward to playing against his cousin and some friends he has that go to Williamsburg and now they aren't allowed to play because of why?
We need to all call Scott as parents of Whitley county children and ask why we are not allowed to play the school across town.
LOL

Murray, KY

#2 Aug 22, 2012
You need to call him and ask.
You're just another typical Topix coward who'd rather get on here to rant about something when it would be so much easier to ask the coach your question in person.
Grow ya some and stop being such a coward. Ask him yourself instead of being gutless and wanting someone else to do your leg work. Or are you embarrassed to let the coach know who you are?
If it was my kid I'd be asking him in peson, specially if your kid is as upset as you say he is. But I think you're using him for an excuse to bash. JMO.
Jeff Boomhauer

Williamsburg, KY

#3 Aug 22, 2012
LOL... typical idiot response. Scott Paul isn't a coach, he's the superintendent of Whitley County Schools... now shut up while grown ups are talking.

Central Parent, the best way to handle this is to remember the old saying about "strength in numbers." I would suggest rounding up as many parents as possible who feel like you do and attend the very next Whitley County Board of Education meeting. Board members and superintendents HATE to see angry people at these meetings.

The board members are ELECTED and the superintendent serves at the pleasure of the board. If you can make the board members even THINK that they are making an unpopular decision, you'll always find one or two who will agree with the angry mob at the meeting.

Contrary to what LOL said, if you go to Scott Paul in person, he'll probably brush it off and laugh at you after you leave his office.
parent

Whitley City, KY

#4 Aug 22, 2012
In response to "central parent". My son also plays on the team and we were not aware that the two teams were scheduled to play. We got our schedule and Williamsburg wasn't on it. Sounds like someone on here just trying to cause problems as usual. I'm at all practices and the game and no one has ever mentioned it.
WCHS parent

Williamsburg, KY

#5 Aug 22, 2012
parent wrote:
In response to "central parent". My son also plays on the team and we were not aware that the two teams were scheduled to play. We got our schedule and Williamsburg wasn't on it. Sounds like someone on here just trying to cause problems as usual. I'm at all practices and the game and no one has ever mentioned it.
I am aware that Whitley North had games scheduled but not Central. Must be a North parent trying to start something.
Original

Murray, KY

#6 Aug 22, 2012
You can speak loudly and clearly in a couple of months, Let your vote in the fall board races do your talking and your voice will be heard by those in charge, the board that hires and evaluates Scotty boy!
Parent

Somerset, KY

#7 Aug 23, 2012
I have two boys that play in the Whitley Co school system. I wasn't aware they played Williamsburg at all. I have a nephew that plays for a grade school in Louisville. My boys want to play against him so bad and I'd hate for them to be heartbroken. I'm going to go to Scott Paul's office and demand that we play my nephew's team. And if he don't........well he'll see what happens come election time.
And the moral of the story is..........it's okay if your kids don't always get what they want. They'll be fine not being able to play W'burg. Trust me........I know.
Start

Winchester, KY

#11 Aug 26, 2012
Me mad me son don't play his cousin. Me thank me go bored.
Old School

Winchester, KY

#12 Sep 1, 2012
Kids transfer because they want to play. Some of the elementry schools in Whitley have 40 or so kids on the sideline while others just have enough to play. The middle school use to have 50-60 on the side line.
Whats the answer to keep everyone happy? I really don't know maybe have a rule like little league baseball that says everyone on the team must play some. Maybe take all the elementry teams and have a draft so all the teams will have decent numbers and all the kids will get a chance to play? Maybe have two middle school teams. What ever you do, the idea is not to win now its to win in 3-4 years when they get to W C H S.
North Cat

Winchester, KY

#13 Sep 1, 2012
I agree totally with Old School!
Nope

Winchester, KY

#15 Sep 4, 2012
If u do a draft... Where practice? U think parents who live up east or pv want to drive to og for a practice everyday? Or wherever? It wont work!
Bill

Winchester, KY

#16 Sep 4, 2012
It would work if you just draft from you school. For example Central could have 3 teams while Boston would only have 1 team. This will never happen because they are so worried about winning in Elementry that they do not see the big picture. You play to have fun and to get better for highschool.
Nope

Winchester, KY

#17 Sep 4, 2012
So just have more teams...?
So sad

Georgetown, KY

#18 Sep 4, 2012
the elementary teams are mostly coached by parents who are in it to make their child better or if they aren't any good to make sure they get playing time. It's the good ol boy system. a parent gets in and has his buddies who also have kids on the team help him so they look out for their own and thats it. the elementary program will never teach the kids anything as long as it is run by parent coaches. and to top it off, the parents who think they are coach of the year, never even played sports in school. its sad. especially for the kids whose parents aren't in control.
sadder

Williamsburg, KY

#20 Sep 5, 2012
and what is even more sad are the sorry parents that sit back in the stands critiquing everything the parent/coaches do that are giving up their time to help the youth of the community without getting paid to do it. but then again most of those parents that coach actually have jobs while those that sit in the stands complaining simply draw a check. i thank the many parent/coaches that give their time and energy to these kids and appreciate that they don't let the mouths of the sorry run them off. coaching during the games is only a VERY SMALL portion of what these coaches do. scheduling, planning, and listening to those that complain make up the majority of the task.
sadder

Williamsburg, KY

#22 Sep 5, 2012
sounds like oldman is a parent of a kid that is no good at football. news flash- coaches want to win and parents have an inflated opinioni of their child's ability. don't worry oldman when your kid is a grown up he can tell stories and act like he was a great player in his youth like i'm sure you do
oldman

Whitley City, KY

#23 Sep 5, 2012
sadder wrote:
sounds like oldman is a parent of a kid that is no good at football. news flash- coaches want to win and parents have an inflated opinioni of their child's ability. don't worry oldman when your kid is a grown up he can tell stories and act like he was a great player in his youth like i'm sure you do
Haha! No as a matter of fact mine does play varsity but I have watched what happens to the kids in this system for years. And if coaches want to win they should bench some of the older kids and play the younger better ones.
what

Dexter, MO

#24 Sep 5, 2012
oldman wrote:
<quoted text>Haha! No as a matter of fact mine does play varsity but I have watched what happens to the kids in this system for years. And if coaches want to win they should bench some of the older kids and play the younger better ones.
You really think that benching older kids and playing younger ones would be better. Your crazy. Players compete for positions during practice. Whoever performs gets to play. The problem is some of these parents think their child is the next NFL player. If parents really wanted to help their child they practice with them daily at home instead laying in bed high or drunk. Parents want to blame everyone else for their child's problems or unsuccess but they never look at their own parenting. parents should support coaches and teachers and help their child be the best they can be.
oldman

Whitley City, KY

#25 Sep 5, 2012
Well it sounds like you are used to the way things are... I begged my son to transfer for academic and athletics but he was afraid he wouldn't make friends or be behind academically and he stayed by his own choice. He regrets it now!!!! He knows nothing or no one can help the program!
Just me

South Fulton, TN

#26 Sep 6, 2012
GET A LIFE PEOPLE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 148,930
WHITLEY COUNTY BUS DRIVER Timothy Cedillo 3 hr Believe it 11
Homewreckin Women 16 hr County Wide 1
any1 how has info Sun any1 that has info 1
Whitley Girls Basketball (Feb '12) Sat dicky V 87
Name some people that you went to school with. (Aug '09) Jun 21 Johney 67
Should teachers take away kids afternoon snack ... (Feb '09) Jun 20 Prissy 175
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages