|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2008

Judged:

NOT SO SIMPLE MINDED wrote:
they are letting the manufaturers of meth back out on the street some with felony gun charges. they reduce their bond, which should be high enough that no one they associate with can come up with the cash, down to property or under a thousand and let them walk free so they can hide from thier court dates and go back at it again. where is the justice in that, oh excuse me the governer says that jails are overcrowded and were spending to much so let the no violent go, but he also padoned several hundred murderers and rapist.
We could & should make people pay up for the cost of housing them... the innocent are the ones paying for what the guilty do
WTF

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

a guy who knows wrote:
where was sheriff hodge? i guess he was calling to tell all his buddies to go and hide from the real law
[ It only took years....for somebody to pay attention.
someone concerned

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

Judged:

you know most of these people are just little dealers i agree we need to concentrate on getting the big time dealers and most of these people are just selling to support their own habits so i say we get these people some drug rehab and get to the main suppliers before they turn our kids into users and pushers!
Not here nor there

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2011

Judged:

That is the best thing I've heard all day. Spending so much of the tax payers money to lock em up?? Spend some on re-hab and on some NA stuff. There is only one meeting a week in Williamsburg. Who they tryin to help. The citizens?? No just the pocket book of the city and county. Shit is fucked up down there. Then if you go to that meetin on Saturday the cops just drive back and forth back and forth which makes it uneasy to even go to that one.
Chuck

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Someone who hasn't been there doesn't know..that's the biggest problem. Most of these people have been arrested before, and most likely, the same charges. And some of them, will be arrested again in the future. That should ring a bell in the ears of people in the system that could make a change in the way drug abuse, and addiction is dealt with..I agree that some will never change no matter what, but that's not true for all. I know good people who have been raised right an have morals, respect, and love there community, that have fell victim to drug abuse.. Some so bad it's practically ruined there lives. About 90 percent of the ones who have been successful in regaining there lives back will tell you, being locked up does not fix the problem..if anything, it prolongs the real help they need and sometimes leads to a fatal overdose when they are released. How can someone be rehabilitated living day after day listening an living with criminals, who the majority are not sorry for the crimes they commit, only sorry that they were caught. I can see locking up someone who is violent, or has committed a crime other than being addicted.. Open your eyes people, the way we handle our drug problem is not working, and hurting more innocent kids an others than you know..
goodgrief

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

This is not about people who are addicts and buy drugs. These are the very people who sell drugs. They are the ones who were busted today. If you have a family memember or friend who is an addict you should be thankful a few less dealers are out there tonight.
About time

Flat Lick, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

goodgrief wrote:
This is not about people who are addicts and buy drugs. These are the very people who sell drugs. They are the ones who were busted today. If you have a family memember or friend who is an addict you should be thankful a few less dealers are out there tonight.
The sad part is that most of the people they arrested are repeat offenders. I just hope that they get more than a slap on the wrist this time.
tax payer

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

I have never spent any time in jail.(Been too busy working my entire adult life)
Do the inmates work while serving their time?
Truth

Jellico, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

Only the picks get to work I'm sure if every one of them had the chance to work instead of being in the cell they would. But they don't get the chance too. Every one falls no one is perfect so as your judging these people think one day it will be your turn to be judged and if this town wasn't so messed up they probably would not have to sell drugs to feed their family they are no jobs here and all the cops are just as bad they do the same thing it is all about the money and this place will never change because the people here can't give it the changes it needs . We are all gods children ..
scardy cat

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Chuck wrote:
Someone who hasn't been there doesn't know..that's the biggest problem. Most of these people have been arrested before, and most likely, the same charges. And some of them, will be arrested again in the future. That should ring a bell in the ears of people in the system that could make a change in the way drug abuse, and addiction is dealt with..I agree that some will never change no matter what, but that's not true for all. I know good people who have been raised right an have morals, respect, and love there community, that have fell victim to drug abuse.. Some so bad it's practically ruined there lives. About 90 percent of the ones who have been successful in regaining there lives back will tell you, being locked up does not fix the problem..if anything, it prolongs the real help they need and sometimes leads to a fatal overdose when they are released. How can someone be rehabilitated living day after day listening an living with criminals, who the majority are not sorry for the crimes they commit, only sorry that they were caught. I can see locking up someone who is violent, or has committed a crime other than being addicted.. Open your eyes people, the way we handle our drug problem is not working, and hurting more innocent kids an others than you know..
and The solution to this problem is?
voter

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

Truth wrote:
Only the picks get to work I'm sure if every one of them had the chance to work instead of being in the cell they would. But they don't get the chance too. Every one falls no one is perfect so as your judging these people think one day it will be your turn to be judged and if this town wasn't so messed up they probably would not have to sell drugs to feed their family they are no jobs here and all the cops are just as bad they do the same thing it is all about the money and this place will never change because the people here can't give it the changes it needs . We are all gods children ..
the newspaper stated some were released hours later on surety bond ,some have 7500-15000 cash bond for the same charges. it makes one wonder why they didnt get the same bond. it should be the same for all of them. who was the judge and prosecutor in these cases ?
taxpayer

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

Judged:

It is all for the news, (getting close to election time). Like catch and release. Throw the little ones back but never hook the big fish. Can't get elected if you put the wrong one in jail.
no more right

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 4, 2013

Judged:

no more Innocent till proven Guilty, For people arrested in Whiltey County Detention Center.Your Judged GUILTY Reguardless and TREATED less then dirt. Dont get me wrong. Jail is not a hotel or vacation holiday. BUT RIGHTS and CRUELITY are not a part of TREATMENT while WAITING to be arranged or there day in COURT. Let a JUDGE of the COURT SYSTEM JUDGES there Innocent or GUILT. Not a underpayed ,underEducated,blowhard who lets there little authority go to there head, and whats with there System for Health care Issue, THAT Really needs IMPOROVEMENT. Your ass may be in there oneday Hope you dont need medical attention for you will be DENIED. But told you'll be checked every 20 minutes, LIES
concerned citizen

Maynardville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2013

Judged:

someone concerned wrote:
you know most of these people are just little dealers i agree we need to concentrate on getting the big time dealers and most of these people are just selling to support their own habits so i say we get these people some drug rehab and get to the main suppliers before they turn our kids into users and pushers!
'big' dealers are caught by starting at the bottom and working up.. Yae I want to see a big bust happen and Im sure the police do to but I have to say a few of the ones arrested last week were pretty big dealers in this area, not gonna name which ones tho
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
'big' dealers are caught by starting at the bottom and working up.. Yae I want to see a big bust happen and Im sure the police do to but I have to say a few of the ones arrested last week were pretty big dealers in this area, not gonna name which ones tho
yeah you all say what you say because no one knows who you are, some drug dealers will do anything to shut people up, and protect themselves or their families so I guess you had better be glad. Everyone needs to find something better to do with their time other than sit around and mosey in others' business! MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS WHITLEY COUNTY!!!!
Anonymous

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 13, 2013

Judged:

People not minding their own business, and people that run their mouths are the same ones that cause violence in drug crimes, BACK OFF!!! These bored ass housewives have nothing else to do, or someone is mad cause they can't buy the drugs themselves, that is what causes problems to escalate to violent drug crimes!!!
Elmo

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2013

open minded77 wrote:
People not minding their own business, and people that run their mouths are the same ones that cause violence in drug crimes, BACK OFF!!! These bored ass housewives have nothing else to do, or someone is mad cause they can't buy the drugs themselves, that is what causes problems to escalate to violent drug crimes!!!
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A THREAT TO ME DUMBASS!
WburgGirl

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

they need to have a drug around up ever week
Knox tn

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

UNITED wrote:
Lt. Wayne Bird is one of the most effective officers in this entire area. He has saved lives, and for that we should all be very appreciative. The City of Williamsburg should be very proud.
Keep up the good work, Det. Bird.
Totally agree!!! If it wasn't for Wayne Bird and his efforts I may not have found the desire to change myself! He was a thorn in my side and if I had dope I was concerned of his where abouts! At some point I became tired of worrying about him and decided it was in my best interest to change if I wished to remain free. We need more like him! I know some will disagree but I also know what ur doing if u do!!!
Knox tn

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2013

Judged:

Chuck wrote:
Totally agree!!! Why do we still not have a treatment center or halfway house??? Why are there still very few Na or AA meetings in the area? We need to focus on a solution!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Williamsburg Forum right now

Search the Williamsburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min ChromiuMan 128,669
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 42 min scirocco 146,294
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 7 hr Ashby 26,189
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 11 hr hollerrat 16,117
free fire wood 18 hr yellow maple 1
Anyone know a good Lawyer for car accident claim? Thu pawpaw 1
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) Thu sad 81,557
•••
•••
•••
•••

Williamsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••