April 1 Drug Roundup
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
eMwolB

Virgie, KY

#2 Apr 4, 2008
Great Job guys. I have children and I appreciate your efforts in trying to get these pieces of shit off the street. Everyone better wake up and realize that if we don't do something--in the years to come it will be worse on our children.
WBURG WOMAN

Brownsville, TN

#3 Apr 4, 2008
ALL I CAN SAY IS "HELL YEAH" GET THE TRASH OFF THE STREETS! DONT CORRUPT OUR CITY LIMITS ANY MORE...KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK BOYS IN BLUE, MAYBE LAWRENCE HODGE WILL LEARN TO FOLLOW IN THE CITY'S FOOTSTEPS!
a guy who knows

United States

#4 Apr 6, 2008
where was sheriff hodge? i guess he was calling to tell all his buddies to go and hide from the real law
doc frock

Nashville, TN

#5 Apr 7, 2008
what this town needs is a JOBS that will take up a lot of time cut out the welfare and these people that has baby's just to draw check like a few from around there so if the mayor can figure out how to get job into the city things will change a lot
eMwolB

Virgie, KY

#6 Apr 8, 2008
There could be hundreds of jobs in the area but certain people would still be on drugs and having children that other people pay for. There is no rehabilitation for this, no magic job that any mayor can produce. It's called laziness and stupidity. It is handed down from generation to generation. This is mostly in part of what happens when God is taken out of everything and the rest is because the court system is not harsh enough on criminals.
Cat Fan

Hopkinsville, KY

#7 Apr 8, 2008
eMwolB wrote:
There could be hundreds of jobs in the area but certain people would still be on drugs and having children that other people pay for. There is no rehabilitation for this, no magic job that any mayor can produce. It's called laziness and stupidity. It is handed down from generation to generation. This is mostly in part of what happens when God is taken out of everything and the rest is because the court system is not harsh enough on criminals.
Very well said.
paris hilton

Somerset, KY

#8 Apr 9, 2008
doc frock wrote:
what this town needs is a JOBS that will take up a lot of time cut out the welfare and these people that has baby's just to draw check like a few from around there so if the mayor can figure out how to get job into the city things will change a lot
These people do NOT want to work trust me, they want to do their drugs and allow others to take care of their children and get all the welfare benefits they can some of these peoples names have been in trouble so many times before that i can't understand how they were still out to get backinto this kind of trouble
wallygal

Somerset, KY

#9 Apr 9, 2008
the people in Williamsburg would run from these jobs the welfare pool(waterpark) is getting ready to open up and it will ruin their summer also these people see so many other people not working and getting checks and they will live on a small check and steal or sell drugs for the other money they need to live on
doc frock

Nashville, TN

#10 Apr 9, 2008
i have to agree but more jobs would help and instead of welfare make them work for it i dont care if it was picking up things on the side of the road but i agree about the lazy people and having kids just too draw more money but i bet they are a few that would work maybe i have some hope over the years i have seen some people change only like one though
luvinmyjob

Labelle, FL

#14 Apr 18, 2008
I would just like to say that I know over half of these people and I am so glad that I am out of the drug infested one horse town with no hope of doing any better for yourself or your family if you stay in the town and don't heed oppertunities to get out of the mess. There will never be anything there but drugs and thugs. I had a degree and trying to better for me and my family and no one would give me the oppertunity to give back to the place that I grew up and wanted to give back too. Now I am happy, I have a house and land in the Southern United States and doing well and my boss is so glad that i was willing to relocate, I have been given an oppertunity of a life time. If you have the oppertunity get out there is nothing in whitley county but drugs and thugs. No, place to raise a family. oh yeah, the Bible belt issupposed to be there they are as involvd in the curruption that of the community. preachers that are hippocrits and cheating on their wives and blaming others for their bad decisions. Churches are splitting and the devil is working overtime in Whitley County. Life is funny how it works out for the best.
luckygirl76

London, KY

#15 Apr 23, 2008
i would like to know which of them already had the sealed indictment that was mentioned in the newspaper??? no updates so far on any of them seen a few of them out and walking around like nothing had ever happened?????
concerned

United States

#16 Apr 23, 2008
even if they locked them up and threw away the key it wouldn't even scratch the surface in this town
luckygirl76

Wilmore, KY

#17 Apr 24, 2008
Nope but you have to start somewhere
UNITED

Brownsville, TN

#18 Apr 28, 2008
Lt. Wayne Bird is one of the most effective officers in this entire area. He has saved lives, and for that we should all be very appreciative. The City of Williamsburg should be very proud.

Keep up the good work, Det. Bird.
KyRedd

Oneida, TN

#20 Jul 9, 2008
Here, in McCreary Co., Still watching the courts and the open TCS cases coming up. The big roundup back in 2007 is still being processed, check it out here for all the ones involved. Issue June 21 2007 on the archive link.
http://newspaper.tmcvoice.com/index.php...

Go to this link to check out the dates and names.
http://courts.ky.gov/research/
quack

Anderson, SC

#22 Aug 5, 2008
some of those people dont count they were already in jail
WHS

Williamsburg, KY

#23 Aug 14, 2008
we keep hearin the same names how all these people gettin out of trouble!!!!!!!!!!
Statement

Gorham, IL

#25 Sep 12, 2008
I hate to say it but it will be hard to clean up this area if they keep busting buyers and not sellers...at least big time sellers. And i could be wrong but catching these ppl by selling them drugs seems to be adding to the problem. from what i understand about the first comment they have watched some of these ppl buy drugs for aleast a year. And to touch on my earlier point until they bust the real sources and stop fee grabbin these misdemeanor and minor felony ppl over and over so that judges and cops can get salary bonuses; then there always will be a problem.
NOT SO SIMPLE MINDED

Mount Sterling, KY

#26 Sep 13, 2008
they are letting the manufaturers of meth back out on the street some with felony gun charges. they reduce their bond, which should be high enough that no one they associate with can come up with the cash, down to property or under a thousand and let them walk free so they can hide from thier court dates and go back at it again. where is the justice in that, oh excuse me the governer says that jails are overcrowded and were spending to much so let the no violent go, but he also padoned several hundred murderers and rapist.
Pissedoff

La Grange, KY

#27 Sep 13, 2008
Dont think they rounded'em all up. We had 27 cars and trucks yesterday, in a two hour period. I especially like it when they wave and laugh as they pass each other. They're not afraid of getting caught in the least bit. Wonder why that is?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 158,115
Fancy people in D.C. 17 min not amazed 4
Barbourville Mountain Advocate 20 min My basketballer 5
Singles TCO 1 hr Tco employee 14
Murder 1 hr Butkus 142
Daily Bible Verse (Oct '12) 1 hr Walk with God 1,389
who is the hottest girl in whitley county (Jan '09) Sat trevor 112

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages