Jeff Boomhauer

Williamsburg, KY

#25 Oct 2, 2012
Football Rankings wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know where your simple mind came up with your facts, but they are false. Stop trying to convince yourself.
The win-loss records I quoted came from www.riherds.com . Check it out sometimes. It contains lots of things with which you are obviously unfamiliar. Those things are called "facts."

As for Williamsburg playing a weak schedule, have you ever stopped to think that maybe there are teams Herron wants to schedule but can't get the other coach to agree? This year, we were told that Jellico, Tn. and Harlan Independent don't want to play us next year.

BTW, Oneida was anything but a weak team. Our kids acquitted themselves well in that game. A loss is a loss, but I'm well pleased with the effort I saw our kids put out.

I'll keep supporting this little school and its little team and you can take your criticisms and stuff them sideways up your crack.
Ludwig

Corbin, KY

#26 Oct 2, 2012
I think Williamsburg should drop Jellico and play Campbell County TN. They're a 5a school but Williamsburg would still beat them. I like how Williamsburg is not afraid to play TN teams. They even played Cloudland a few years ago. That's when they were a perennial power. And you will not find a much better 1a football team in Tennessee besides Oneida, well Greenback is probably about the only one. Anyways I heard jellico is doing away with football in a few years, kinda sad cause that's where I played. They just simply cannot get the numbers to compete.
tough

Williamsburg, KY

#27 Oct 2, 2012
It's tough to get a bigger school tio play a williamsburg and I understand. If the big school wins, no big deal, they are supposed to. If williamsburg wins, the big school takes major heat for losing to a little school. It's a win-win situation for williamsburg and a lose-lose situation for the big school. Nobody's fault but very true. It's funny, the majority of the whitley williamsburg animosity is perpetuated by parents. The kids at both places seem to honestly get along, like each other, and ROOT for each other. Guess maybe adults could learn something from the kids in this situation.
Football Rankings

United States

#28 Oct 2, 2012
For a fact wrote:
<quoted text>The post is not invisible. It was posted Saturday and is still there. You have no reason to feel sorry for me and I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I do love this team and my school and I would hope that everyone feels this way about there team and school. If you don't then you are in the wrong place. It's funny to me that you can call people out but when others call you out you can't respond. This will be my last post because I really don't care what you think of our team. We believe in our team and will be there cheering them on no matter how far we go. I know that Middle Schol state championships don't mean much to anyone but people said we played a weak schedule there to and look where they ended up State Champions. I'm not saying that we will win one this year but who knows!! You sure don't!

Well, maybe you are blind because I responded to your ignorant post, and the response is still there.
For a fact

Winchester, KY

#29 Oct 2, 2012
You in no way responded to my post about saying all of our good players are transfer students!!!!
really come on now

United States

#31 Oct 3, 2012
Ludwig wrote:
I think Williamsburg should drop Jellico and play Campbell County TN. They're a 5a school but Williamsburg would still beat them. I like how Williamsburg is not afraid to play TN teams. They even played Cloudland a few years ago. That's when they were a perennial power. And you will not find a much better 1a football team in Tennessee besides Oneida, well Greenback is probably about the only one. Anyways I heard jellico is doing away with football in a few years, kinda sad cause that's where I played. They just simply cannot get the numbers to compete.
first off, campbell county cougars would beat williamsburg like a drum. Second, oneida is maybe the fourth best team in their district, and thats a stretch. Oliver springs is awful this year only beating jellico so far and they will give the burg all they want if not beat them. Ky. H.S. football is not even in the ballpark with Tn. H.S. football. You sound like stan lovitt spin mastering the loss against oneida by saying oneida would probably win the state this year. Thats hilarious considering they probably will not even make the playoffs.
tough

Williamsburg, KY

#32 Oct 3, 2012
why is oneida listed as top 5 is AA in TN?
Ludwig

Corbin, KY

#35 Oct 3, 2012
Yea Id like you to explain how Oneida isn't in the playoffs? And as I recall Oneida beat Campbell County a couple years ago so I think williamsburg would have a chance.
tough

Williamsburg, KY

#36 Oct 4, 2012
I don't know the TN play off situation I just know that when we were down there some of there fans told us about their ranking. they were very good team, very good fans, very nice place and people. playoffs or not, they are a quality team with a quality program. Would love to see the burg play more teams of that caliber.
Jeff Boomhauer

Williamsburg, KY

#37 Oct 4, 2012
really come on now wrote:
<quoted text> first off, campbell county cougars would beat williamsburg like a drum. Second, oneida is maybe the fourth best team in their district, and thats a stretch. Oliver springs is awful this year only beating jellico so far and they will give the burg all they want if not beat them. Ky. H.S. football is not even in the ballpark with Tn. H.S. football. You sound like stan lovitt spin mastering the loss against oneida by saying oneida would probably win the state this year. Thats hilarious considering they probably will not even make the playoffs.
Your post is so full of factual errors, you are the epitome of ignorance. Your opinions are akin to the incoherent babblings of a madman.

First, Oliver Springs has TWO wins this year, not one as you stated. They beat Oakdale on August 31st in addition to beating Jellico on Friday. OS is 2-4 on the year.

Second, as for Oneida being 4th in their district, consider these FACTS, courtesy of www.coacht.com :

Tennessee AA District 4 includes seven schools with the following district records:
Wartburg 1-2
Coalfield 3-0 (ranked #5 in the state in Class AA
Jellico 0-2
Oakdale 0-3
Oliver Springs 2-1
Oneida 2-0 (RANKED #7 IN THE STATE IN CLASS AA)
Sunbright 1-1

Only an idiot would think that Oneida is the 4th best team in their district and won't make the playoffs. They're undefeated in district play and are ranked 7th in the state. Top dog in the district will be determined for sure on October 12th when Coalfield travels to Oneida. If the Jackets weren't playing that night, I'd be in Oneida watching this war.

As for Campbell County beating Williamsburg? Is this the same Cambell County team that is 2-4 on the year? The same team that has only beaten Cumberland County and Karns, two teams with a combined record of 1-13 this year? The same team that has been outscored 117-167 so far? You think THIS team could beat the Yellojackets?

Next to you, Charles Manson would seem completely lucid.
Know some

Winchester, KY

#39 Oct 4, 2012
Williamsburg is ranked #6 in 1A
Whitley is ranked #14 in 5A
Corbin is ranked #8 in 3A

And Whitley County has the highest ranking of the three....they play in a tougher classification.

Whitley 62.0
Corbin 53.4
Williamsburg 49.9

**Cantrell 'Rating the State" Lexington Herald 10-01-12

Kind of interesting.
Just Saying

Williamsburg, KY

#41 Oct 17, 2012
The only team Williamsburg will play that Whitley has played is Lynn Camp. Not a whole lot to make a comparison on. Whitley has played a far tougher schedule and held their own. Does anyone really believe that Williamsburg would have a chance against Bell County or Somerset. Both of these teams are considered to be among the States elite teams.In my honest opinion, The only game on Whitley's schedule that Williamsburg would win is Lynn Camp and maybe Letcher County.Speed does kill but I dont think anyone with any real football knowledge would believe Williamsburg could compete in 5A
Bill

Pineville, KY

#42 Oct 17, 2012
I think that this is the stupidest post I have ever read you people are comparing apples and oranges. I mean come on people Williamsburg has about 250 kids in the highschool and Whitley has about 1500. You people are saying that these 2 schools should play the same schedule I mean come on people Williamsburg playing Bell county is comparable to Whitley playing Louisville Male, how do you think Whitley would do in that game? I mean come on and leave it they will never play each other and I hope both teams have great seasons.
Just Saying

Williamsburg, KY

#43 Oct 18, 2012
Bill wrote:
I think that this is the stupidest post I have ever read you people are comparing apples and oranges. I mean come on people Williamsburg has about 250 kids in the highschool and Whitley has about 1500. You people are saying that these 2 schools should play the same schedule I mean come on people Williamsburg playing Bell county is comparable to Whitley playing Louisville Male, how do you think Whitley would do in that game? I mean come on and leave it they will never play each other and I hope both teams have great seasons.
I believe the subject of this thread was which teams are better not which teams are better in the class they play in. If thats the case then I agree with you for the most part. Whitley would give Male a much better game than Williamsburg would give Whitley IMO.
Jeff Boomhauer

Lebanon, KY

#44 Oct 18, 2012
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the subject of this thread was which teams are better not which teams are better in the class they play in. If thats the case then I agree with you for the most part. Whitley would give Male a much better game than Williamsburg would give Whitley IMO.
Williamsburg would beat Whitley. Too bad we'll never know. At least not this year.
Jacket fan

Phelps, KY

#45 Oct 19, 2012
Jeff Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text> As for Williamsburg playing a weak schedule, have you ever stopped to think that maybe there are teams Herron wants to schedule but can't get the other coach to agree? This year, we were told that Jellico, Tn. and Harlan Independent don't want to play us next year.
While possibly true, the fact still remains they are playing a weak schedule.
Teacher hounds

Cynthiana, KY

#46 Oct 21, 2012
Jeff Boomhauer wrote:
<quoted text>
Williamsburg would beat Whitley. Too bad we'll never know. At least not this year.
and Corbin beats bell. Lol
Teacher hounds

Cynthiana, KY

#47 Oct 21, 2012
Jeff boomhauer never played football, it shows!
Jeff Boomhauer

Nicholasville, KY

#48 Oct 21, 2012
Teacher hounds wrote:
Jeff boomhauer never played football, it shows!
Your off-base comment begs many questions, but the first two that come to mind are:

1) What comment have I made that proves for sure that I never played football?

2) If a person has never played football, could he or she still know enough about the sport to comment on it intelligently?
Just Saying

Williamsburg, KY

#49 Oct 22, 2012
If Williamsburg and Whitley played every year I could possibly see Williamsburg winning maybe once every 5 years. Style of play has a lot to do with it. Williamsburg has a fast-paced spread offense so when they score its usually pretty quick. Whitley on the other hand plays much more methodical, keeping the defense on the field much longer.It takes more energy to play defense than offense and most of the Jackets offensive players also play defense. By the time the game got into the 4th quarter Their lack of depth will almost certainly show.Speed can kill but over 4 quarters I believe Whitleys size and depth is too much to overcome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr _Drifter 151,935
Professional home health 8 hr Trish 1
Nichole Young (Nov '08) 15 hr truth 13
Poll which girl is hotter??? (Mar '10) Sat Megan 6
Don't rent your house to the Lane family Siler KY Sat Carrie 8
jonathan blakley (Nov '10) Sat Alisha wilkening 18
old days in williamsburg kentucky (Oct '09) Sat Caddell 32

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages