how do you know?
why should i believe you

Swansea, SC

#4 Jan 26, 2011
how do you know
Jill

Wartburg, TN

#5 Jan 26, 2011
It doesn't look good. Has anyone ever seen the work go this low before?
RATS

Corbin, KY

#6 Jan 26, 2011
Jill wrote:
It doesn't look good. Has anyone ever seen the work go this low before?
i started work there in 93 i have seen it go down to less then 30 or 40 ppl workin but buld back up
Charles

Somerset, KY

#7 Jan 26, 2011
It came out at a management meeting yesterday !! Layoffs will start March 1,2011... Good luck...
Wondering

Lancing, TN

#8 Jan 27, 2011
Charles wrote:
It came out at a management meeting yesterday !! Layoffs will start March 1,2011... Good luck...
WELL, THERE ISN'T MANY MORE LEFT TO LAY OFF! So is the place shutting down? There is people gone that have been there for years.
Worker

Winchester, KY

#9 Jan 29, 2011
i've been there since '93 i've never seen it down this low and keep going down, i was asked to stepdown to an operator and take a 30% paycut they would not lay me off while other people were given the option, us senior people are being pushed out, my salary cut would not have save the company on the monthly budget, they have yet to cut any managers salary's or lay them off, a 30% cut on theirs would help the monthly budget and i worked harder than most of them. no i am no longer employed. i can see the place shutting down unless they make upper mgt changes. good luck to my coworkers.
Worker

Winchester, KY

#10 Jan 29, 2011
Charles wrote:
March 1 ? Heck they started in Dec and have been thru 3 layoffs, one more layoff and you will see a pink slip on the front door. there are alot of coworkers i care about there so i hope not. how do you know what came out of th mgt meeting, i can't see them putting a time frame that far out for a layoff.
Worker

Winchester, KY

#11 Jan 29, 2011
RATS wrote:
<quoted text>i started work there in 93 i have seen it go down to less then 30 or 40 ppl workin but buld back up
not sure who you are Rats but i'm a '93 also and i always felt positive thru our slowdowns but this one has me worried for everyone this time for various reasons. If you are still there good luck to you and I'm sure I'll miss you, i was given no choice but to leave after 18 years. take care. i really hope williamsburg plastics pulls thru, i would come back under different circumstances.
Jill

Sunbright, TN

#12 Jan 30, 2011
Worker wrote:
<quoted text> not sure who you are Rats but i'm a '93 also and i always felt positive thru our slowdowns but this one has me worried for everyone this time for various reasons. If you are still there good luck to you and I'm sure I'll miss you, i was given no choice but to leave after 18 years. take care. i really hope williamsburg plastics pulls thru, i would come back under different circumstances.
Well, it sounds as if you are another one that has been screwed by that place. I have seen a lot of their really good workers let go here lately and it is a shame. I too don't know if they will pull out of this one. I hope so. Times are so hard, and it just seems that magt. has no clue. Someone should have been replaced way before now. Maybe things wouldn't have got this bad.
Worker

Winchester, KY

#13 Jan 30, 2011
Jill wrote:
<quoted text>Well, it sounds as if you are another one that has been screwed by that place. I have seen a lot of their really good workers let go here lately and it is a shame. I too don't know if they will pull out of this one. I hope so. Times are so hard, and it just seems that magt. has no clue. Someone should have been replaced way before now. Maybe things wouldn't have got this bad.
it broke my heart to walk out those doors knowing i wasn't given a choice after all the hard work i put in there and the knowledge i have but what made me cry most was leaving you all that i had worked so long with and was able to help at times, mgt didn't see any of that and in the long run it really didn't matter i guess it really isn't about team work like it use to be, the depts seem to work against each other, i hope WP hangs in there and can get back to some of the older values we had. My Bess wishes to you all !
What Can You Do

Helenwood, TN

#14 Jan 31, 2011
Worker wrote:
<quoted text>it broke my heart to walk out those doors knowing i wasn't given a choice after all the hard work i put in there and the knowledge i have but what made me cry most was leaving you all that i had worked so long with and was able to help at times, mgt didn't see any of that and in the long run it really didn't matter i guess it really isn't about team work like it use to be, the depts seem to work against each other, i hope WP hangs in there and can get back to some of the older values we had. My Bess wishes to you all !
I wish something would change also. Too many good people have been let go. When you see the older workers (the ones that have been there a long time) let go then there is something bad wrong. I am sorry for you also. The workers that have been there for a long time is the ones that really know how the place runs. If everyone doesn't work together things will only get worse. It seems that no one cares,or one cares that could make a difference.
What Can You Do

Helenwood, TN

#15 Jan 31, 2011
It seems no one cares that could make a difference.
greenbee

Winchester, KY

#16 Jan 31, 2011
What Can You Do wrote:
It seems no one cares that could make a difference.
at one time we all did work together as a team, it really was like working with family there, disfunctional, but hey we always worked together good when we needed each other from other departments. i heard more got moved around today, or demoted. my prayers go out to you guys !!! hang in there if you can.
frany

Ripley, TN

#17 Aug 14, 2011
when are they gonna call people back i got laid off weeks ago

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Strel 160,781
How much do full time CTA employees make? 5 hr Bob 3
Who knows Timmy Thomas? 12 hr Ex I Know Hes Trash 5
where's all the whorrs at in this town 20 hr Hrry 16
edgewood homes (Feb '16) Mar 22 Bigdaddy 14
Ron Reynolds (Jul '11) Mar 22 Raymond 25
boom Mar 22 Curious 1

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages