First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Concerned Parent

Georgetown, KY

#1 Aug 19, 2008
What do you think of Scott Paul WCHS Principal being Superintendent of Whitley Schools? Teachers say they would prefer him over Lonnie Anderson.
That would work

United States

#2 Aug 19, 2008
Concerned Parent wrote:
What do you think of Scott Paul WCHS Principal being Superintendent of Whitley Schools? Teachers say they would prefer him over Lonnie Anderson.
He seems to be a nice guy. I don't think he would be as power hungry as the present one. I think Scott would stick to the concerns of the school system and not try to be running every office in the courthouse. All in all I think he would be a great choice. It seems we all want a change in W.C.
in the know

Danville, KY

#3 Aug 19, 2008
i wish people weren't so quick to forget the state the county school system was in when mr. anderson took office. the roofs leaked in virtually every building couty wide, there was no air conditioning at all, some buildings didn't even have heat. the school was rated embarassingly low in state and nation wide statistics. buses were delapidated, and the school grounds were shameful. now that we've been able to enjoy the successes of mr. anderson, his board staff, and the schools' faculty for a while it seems that some are forgetting all the hard work it took to get to this point. this school system did not just magically arrive where it stands today. i would think citizens of whitley county would be happy their children have safe buses to ride, comfortable classrooms to sit in every day, and state of the art facilities to enjoy. no one can truthfully say that mr. anderson hasn't done right by this school system. whether you like him as a person or not, that's not the issue. he's done the job he was hired to do and more.
JoJo

United States

#4 Aug 19, 2008
in the know wrote:
i wish people weren't so quick to forget the state the county school system was in when mr. anderson took office. the roofs leaked in virtually every building couty wide, there was no air conditioning at all, some buildings didn't even have heat. the school was rated embarassingly low in state and nation wide statistics. buses were delapidated, and the school grounds were shameful. now that we've been able to enjoy the successes of mr. anderson, his board staff, and the schools' faculty for a while it seems that some are forgetting all the hard work it took to get to this point. this school system did not just magically arrive where it stands today. i would think citizens of whitley county would be happy their children have safe buses to ride, comfortable classrooms to sit in every day, and state of the art facilities to enjoy. no one can truthfully say that mr. anderson hasn't done right by this school system. whether you like him as a person or not, that's not the issue. he's done the job he was hired to do and more.
Well put Lonnie, you tell them!!!!!!
getalife

Middlesboro, KY

#5 Aug 19, 2008
Lonnie is a backstabbing, self-serving, evil man and one day he will have to answer for the crooked things he has done. People are disposable to Lonnie like they are not even human beings. Once he has used them for his cause, he is through with them. Everyone kisses up to him because they need their jobs but hardly anyone truly likes him. Even those who are the closest to him don't like him, they are just using him to further their own careers as well. I had rather have no power and have a clear conscience as to have power and abuse it and use it as a means of building myself up and others expense. I don't know how he sleeps at night.
aaa

Middlesboro, KY

#6 Aug 19, 2008
jf
aaa

Middlesboro, KY

#7 Aug 19, 2008
aaa wrote:
jf
oh yeah
Concerned Parent

Georgetown, KY

#8 Aug 20, 2008
In the know Have you ever wondered about Branscum Construction and Bear Bryant Construction. Think about it a while. 18plus years of two construction companies. And you are correct there will be construction as long as he is in office or his son if he can just get him in office.
Bus driver

Georgetown, KY

#9 Aug 20, 2008
Add one more Larry Taylor son of Former Jailer Jerry F Taylor is doing work going to the High School.See him pushing dirt everyday. I hope to see Jerry on a Kubota soon!!!!!!
Nowayjose

Anderson, SC

#10 Aug 20, 2008
Bus driver wrote:
Add one more Larry Taylor son of Former Jailer Jerry F Taylor is doing work going to the High School.See him pushing dirt everyday. I hope to see Jerry on a Kubota soon!!!!!!
Are the Taylors in with him now? Last I heard they were not.But, that's like Bill Neighbert you never know.Friend,foe,friend,foe,... politics as usual.W.C. can't be any other way.
In the Know Also

Middlesboro, KY

#11 Aug 20, 2008
in the know wrote:
KERA and taxpayers provided the facilities--check your property tax bills and montly taxes on your utilities. In spite of this, instructional funds to schools were cut this year; apparently construction is continuing.
Why are the board members not asking questions? Is it because board members have their own credit cards to use when they travel to meetings and attend the National School Board Meetings in California and Florida? Of course, they can take family members with them.
21st century Pete Ass

Corbin, KY

#12 Aug 20, 2008
How about bringing someone in from outside this county. Someone that would recommend hiring people based on their qualifications ilnstead of how many votes their family could muster.
Great Insight

Anderson, SC

#13 Aug 20, 2008
In the Know Also wrote:
<quoted text>
KERA and taxpayers provided the facilities--check your property tax bills and montly taxes on your utilities. In spite of this, instructional funds to schools were cut this year; apparently construction is continuing.
Why are the board members not asking questions? Is it because board members have their own credit cards to use when they travel to meetings and attend the National School Board Meetings in California and Florida? Of course, they can take family members with them.
Finally, credit where credit is due. In the Know talks like Mr.Anderson alone was responsible for all the successes of W.C. Wow,what an ego!Everyone knows the present board members only ask questions when they're told to by the Great Puppet Master. After all, they may have family members coming up who plan to teach.Right now, all of them are working but, they must think of other friends,family, and voters.This is a digrace to the students and faculty of W.C. I wonder if those credit card receipts are public record?
for HER

Chicago, IL

#14 Aug 20, 2008
21st century Pete Ass wrote:
How about bringing someone in from outside this county. Someone that would recommend hiring people based on their qualifications ilnstead of how many votes their family could muster.
Leigh Burke would be well suited to run the Whitley County School System. She comes from a highly intelligent family and has the much needed wisdom to make such far-reaching decisions. She's done a great job in helping Whitley become the top-notch school it is today, and all you have to do is drive by her trailer or talk to her face-to-face for five minutes to know that she's never taken anything from the system or done anything for personal financial gains.
In the Know Also

Middlesboro, KY

#15 Aug 20, 2008
She is already trying to run it; however, the person who holds the superintendent's position must possess a superintendent's degree.

Five minutes--you can work with people 10 years and still not know what is going on in their background.
Good Idea

United States

#16 Aug 20, 2008
21st century Pete Ass wrote:
That is a good idea. Bring in someone with no ties to anyone in this county. That way, everyone would be on the same playing field. And with the salary our superintendent gets it would be an attractive position to many applicants. I hope if Whitley ever does get a new superintendent it will be someone who will put the children and academics as top priority. New buildings do not necessarily make a better learning environment. Either way I really think the kids should come first in everything we do decide on.
NOOOOOOOOOOOO

United States

#17 Aug 20, 2008
Concerned Parent wrote:
Are you kidding? Then the county would still be run by the same group. LA has Mr. Paul in his back pocket.

Since: Aug 08

Corbin, KY

#18 Aug 23, 2008
scott paul is a sorry principal i would not want him. he is the next to the biggest asshole at wc with lonnie anderson taking the first place trohpy we need someone from a different state with no ties and as far as the building lonnie has gave whiltey nothing he only takes from them and yes the building was bad but back then taxes where lower back then people wages were lower but i really dont look for changes consider the school board are his ass licker and he makes sure who he wants elected gets elected cause he hold the employees job over their heads and they have to put signs in their yards how do u think his sister got in tom rains old job which is another joke . all school employee has to vote his or risk losing thier jobs
wc supporter

Clarksville, TN

#19 Aug 23, 2008
wc needs new si that is not already in that some political circle
21st century Pete Ass

Corbin, KY

#20 Aug 23, 2008
There is a difference between constructing a building and constructing and leading a school system. If Anderson were a true leader of schools it wouldnt be necessary for him to be involved in schooll board races.By the way this is illegal in case people werent aware of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr now 163,425
Williamsburg Plastics no no 4 hr Ted 27
state highway dep clean that junk yard up at sa... Mon billy 1
does anyone know cheryl vanderpool. (Aug '10) Mon Kellogg 7
robin shipwash (Apr '09) Apr 22 Friend 119
Tragic Apr 22 jim 261
the music thread (Feb '12) Apr 21 Musikologist 61

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance