Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 169932 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85347 Aug 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you lose this?
I think it's your other neuron.
Show me where the salinity charts are in the Bible? I can't seem to find them.
Excuse me?
Scientists... report that the Oceans are more salty, and getting more salty everyday from runoff...
IF they are getting saltier... it would stand to REASON that
they were LESS salty in those days!
That my friend is LOGIC... get some!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85348 Aug 9, 2012
O m g wrote:
What religion what bible ? Why your not mine?
What is yours?

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#85349 Aug 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me?
Scientists... report that the Oceans are more salty, and getting more salty everyday from runoff...
Along with logic you have to have reasoning. By yours, the oceans were practically freshwater 7,000 years ago (May 21, 4990 BC by one reckoning) when the great flood occurred. Obviously this was not the case. This is just another gaping chasm in the Creation myth, no matter how faithfully and feverishly you pray to hope to wish to pretend otherwise.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#85351 Aug 9, 2012
Hocke wrote:
<quoted text>
Man's eternal search for truth; a topic of philosophy since we began to think of such things. We will seek truth all of our lives, and yet never attain truth. It is not truth that is my point, it is understanding. My arguement is to fellow Christians, to strive for a better understanding of their faith. I ask no one to believe, only to contemplate about love and hate.
About your verse quote, therein lies the puzzle of word usage. If you did a search on verses containing the word good or being good, how many are there? Just a simple rhetorical question, no need to answer. Consider Matthew 5:16 which utilizes good.
-Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
There is also a great deal of works that talk about being a good Christian, which could have been derived from the terms godly and godliness. This refers to what Christians strive for, not become.
On the topics of love and hate consider the following from Matthew 22:36-40
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law? 37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. 38This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.
Verse 40 is still being debated about it's meaning, but I feel that the importance of love is made clear. In my opinion, if one is using bible verses to justify hate(Leviticus and Romans are frequently used), then how is one doing good works?
In closing, I only speak of Christianity. I am not here to argue which religion(or none at all) is right, only to discuss misconceptions.
Loving your neighbor and God is all that is required. That means anyone of the christian faith is saved. If that was true you are among the few in christiandom that would ever believe that.

You might ask what the baptist say about mormom,JW's,Seventh Day Advantist,catholics, pentacostals, just to name a few. Or what they say about each other. There must be a reason, that reason is interpetation of scripture and doctrine.

What do you think the reason for the diffent christian sects?
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85352 Aug 9, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL my timing was spot on, you just don't get how much you embody "ignorant on purpose."
Maybe you should turn your focus upon your own ignorance, and you'll see...
I am right!
God is real, and He made a way for us to be with Him!
It is a Gift... Get your's today!
Amen!

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#85353 Aug 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Excuse me?
Excuse me... But Balderdash... The oceans salinity over geological time is not linear... Yes the assorted salts (there are a lot of different chemical salts) does come from the evaporation/run off cycle but it's not a closed system... the oceans are continually cycled through several processes as massive amounts are sub-ducted through plate tectonics... Other compounds are injected into the oceans that bind with salts that then precipitate out... Then there are some 1,000 metric tons of New materials rain down from space each year today and was far greater in the distant past.... On top of that humans started using Billions of tons of assorted salts long ago in agriculture increasing the amounts of surface salt to run off ...

So No linear logic is not useful because it's not that simple... Linear logic is more of often wrong that right and is the bain of science... It fails to see complexity in every field and is at the heart of why so many do not understand the theory of evolution.. The belief that evolution is a unbroken linear change rate when it is punctuated, decelerated, accelerated and at times ended are ignored in linear thinking...
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85354 Aug 9, 2012
Known fact wrote:
The Primitive Atmosphere
In 1953 Stanley Miller passed an electric spark through an “atmosphere” of hydrogen, methane, ammonia and water vapor. This produced some of the many amino acids that exist and that are the building blocks of proteins. However, he got just 4 of the 20 amino acids needed for life to exist. More than 30 years later, scientists were still unable experimentally to produce all the 20 necessary amino acids under conditions that could be considered plausible.
Miller assumed that earth’s primitive atmosphere was similar to the one in his experimental flask. Why? Because, as he and a co-worker later said:“The synthesis of compounds of biological interest takes place only under reducing [no free oxygen in the atmosphere] conditions.” Yet other evolutionists theorize that oxygen was present. The dilemma this creates for evolution is expressed by Hitching:“With oxygen in the air, the first amino acid would never have got started; without oxygen, it would have been wiped out by cosmic rays.”
The fact is, any attempt to establish the nature of earth’s primitive atmosphere can only be based on guesswork or assumption. No one knows for sure what it was like.
Not to mention... Miller only created the Opposit of Life!
But you won't hear about that in schools!
Only Anti-Christian Anti-God teachings...
Pray for Our Children!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85355 Aug 9, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
But your "help" comes with strings of the worst kind.
Let's face it, you would oppose the freedom of others to lawfully follow their conscience ONLY because you think your religious beliefs are superior and should be made into law.
If we have to accept your dominion and preaching in order to get the help, it isn't freely given help.
Why don't you ask the many people I've help, just to see IF I beat them with a Bible?
You HAVE the freedom God gave you (How long?) Do as you wish, believe as you wish!
What exactly is it, that Binds you to Topix???
Be free, go outside, play with yer dog... do something!
God is real, and you'll never find Him with yer head up Dawkin's butt!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85356 Aug 9, 2012
Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you do! Especially when you consider silence an answer.
IF we were having a Tard competition... you'd be in second place... SP's in first!
Thanks for playing!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85357 Aug 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe you should turn your focus upon your own ignorance, and you'll see...
I am right!
God is real, and He made a way for us to be with Him!
It is a Gift... Get your's today!
Amen!
"God willing", I'll be ignorant of dementia for a few more decades, yet.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85358 Aug 9, 2012
wow wrote:
<quoted text> I cannot believe with all the hrrible things going on in our society that your main concern is that they not teach the bible in school. Those young minds could benifit tremendously from knowing Jesus Christ. That's exaclty what's wrong with our society. People wine more over the good and go along with all the pathetic immoral behavior. There are a lot of good christian people left in this world, learn something from them.
Amen, and
God Bless!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85359 Aug 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Why don't you ask the many people I've help, just to see IF I beat them with a Bible?
You HAVE the freedom God gave you (How long?) Do as you wish, believe as you wish!
What exactly is it, that Binds you to Topix???
Be free, go outside, play with yer dog... do something!
God is real, and you'll never find Him with yer head up Dawkin's butt!
"What exactly is it, that Binds you to Topix???
Be free, go outside, play with yer dog... do something!"

Brilliant, Touching, Helpful, Interesting, Agree
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85360 Aug 9, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
I find it curious that YAA and other religious people would vote for someone they say the bible predicted an anti-christ would come and claim to be a God.
According to Mitt Romney's Mormon beliefs, Lucifer and Jesus in the beginning apparently were brothers with competing plans. The Mormon beliefs of Mitt Romney claims that God the Father sided with Jesus, who performed well and turned into a god, while Lucifer rebelled against them and turned into Satan.
And according to the beliefs that Mitt Romney has taught as a Mormon High Priest, Mormons who adhere to the Mormon beliefs will one day also become gods like Jesus (evidence); Mitt Romney's good deeds in this life are intended to turn him into God someday.
http://godvoter.org/Mitt-Romney-beliefs.html
Look!
We know he's NOT a Christian, but he cannot be any worse than Osamma!
You've heard "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend!" ?
It doesn't really matter who's in office, but If we can stop ONE abortion, and bring some resemblance of decency in these last days... Cool!
The Lord WILL return soon... be ready!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85361 Aug 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Look!
We know he's NOT a Christian, but he cannot be any worse than Osamma!
You've heard "The enemy of my enemy, is my friend!" ?
It doesn't really matter who's in office, but If we can stop ONE abortion, and bring some resemblance of decency in these last days... Cool!
The Lord WILL return soon... be ready!
Partisanship is to decency what a hairball is to a duck.
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85362 Aug 9, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>No god showed up in your life, and jaysus did not save you your brain is fried from the meth
Whatever you want to believe...
May I ask...
What made you such a Tard?
Drugs? abuse? Neglect?
There has got to be a reason....
People like you just don't spring up!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85363 Aug 9, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Your brain is so fried from the meth that you think god talks to you, there is medicine that will save you
Still a tard I see!
God is real... You will know it too!
Good day!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85364 Aug 9, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You claim I lie, cheat and steal but have zero evidence of such a claim. Just more bullshit lies from you is all that is. You try to make us atheists look bad by lying yourself? What a joke you are crackhead.
And homosexuality is "leaking" out to you? Is that what made you do homosexual acts?
We hear your false warnings. No need to yell. We hear, we laugh. Now go away.
"You try to make us atheists look bad"
You don't need help making you look bad...
"you are crackhead" talk about a lies?
Never used crack in my life, AND I do like Science, I use Logic, and reason...
I wished you did, but your head is so far up Dawkin's butt...
you cannot see the light!
Buy a clue!
I'll be hear to tell you again!
God is real!
Yes and Amen

Macon, GA

#85365 Aug 9, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>God is checking my junk out right now. Can a guy have a little privacy?
Hahahaha!
I could be sooo mean right now, but I'm above that!
Suffice it to say... God's only interested in your Heart(spirit)!

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#85366 Aug 9, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
I find it curious that YAA and other religious people would vote for someone they say the bible predicted an anti-christ would come and claim to be a God.

According to Mitt Romney's Mormon beliefs, Lucifer and Jesus in the beginning apparently were brothers with competing plans. The Mormon beliefs of Mitt Romney claims that God the Father sided with Jesus, who performed well and turned into a god, while Lucifer rebelled against them and turned into Satan.

And according to the beliefs that Mitt Romney has taught as a Mormon High Priest, Mormons who adhere to the Mormon beliefs will one day also become gods like Jesus (evidence); Mitt Romney's good deeds in this life are intended to turn him into God someday.

http://godvoter.org/Mitt-Romney-beliefs.html
I love Mormon. Endless fun! A religion founded by a con artist now boasting millions of followers.

I love how Smiths Book of Mormon describes all these big battles taking place in North America for which no archeological evidence has ever been found.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#85367 Aug 9, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Hahahaha!
I could be sooo mean right now, but I'm above that!
Suffice it to say... God's only interested in your Heart(spirit)!
You are soooo lucky he isn't interested in your brain!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police investigating triple homicide in Whitley... 8 hr killermiller 198
Driving Lessons 9 hr Just Wondering 1
Williamsburg & Rockholds Drugs and Church 14 hr Beware 22
Super retiring 17 hr Greg 3
Stephanie Bryant (Nov '10) 21 hr Greg 9
Now Hiring Fri Tony 1
Ted cureton robbing the Rowes on Kensee Hollow (Jun '11) Nov 16 Knowmorethanmost 22

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages