Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Comments
81,701 - 81,720 of 128,588 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Information is not the life blood of evolution. Evolution theory shows that mutation, natural selection or genetic drift make for changes in animals and organisms.
The science does not know how it all works as of yet. That would be a gap.
What you are saying is...
a couple of wrong handed protines got together by pure chance...
Hung around for a Bazillion years not knowing what to do,
or why, and finally became a tard...
Wow!
You might just have something there!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You can 'suggest' an ID all day. It is not science though. It is just a suggestion based upon religious beliefs. Not one shred of evidence.
Can you even do an experiment to see if it is true? No, that is one reason it is not science. It does not meet the requirement to be a scientific hypothesis.
Your initial accusation was that the science is lying and thus it should not be in schools. Yet you have not pointed to a single lie. You do not point to claims of science. You only have questions science has yet to discover.
You are asking questions that is very hard for science to know. It is not easy sorting out what happened three billion years ago or thirteen billion years ago. Yet you fully expect science to have unraveled all the questions man has ever had. That is not realistic.
Modern science is relatively new in the span of human history.
"It is just a suggestion based upon religious beliefs. Not one shred of evidence"
Hahahahahahaha!
Tard!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The first cells were 'simple cells'. They clearly evolved to be more complex. Again, I do not know exactly how they evolved to be more complex. I am not sure if science knows. But that just leaves a gap open for you to automatically fill with a god.
Is science claiming how it happened? If not, they are not lying. You claimed they are lying. I am waiting for you to reveal the lie you claim science is making.
Again, evolution does not make claim it knows all the answers to life. Why do you insist it must in order to be taught as science?
"The first cells were 'simple cells'"
Did they eat?
did they expell waste?
did they replicate?
That's pretty much what they do today....
The only 'Simple" thing is between yer ears...
You should be ashamed for what you let people like Dawkins do to you!

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"Smoke meth"
Not much... I used to slam Meth!
That means "Intravenously", and my Mind has never been more clear!
I even did 3 full syringes... Bang, bang, bang!
My heart stopped... But God didn't want me to die!
Too bad for you!
I'm still here to call you a tard!
You might want to get the book "23 minutes in Hell", or watch his testimony... so you'll know what to expect!
Good day!
That explains a lot. No wonder you hear voices You do understand that while you THINK your mind is clear you are a wack job

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> are you sure you want to object to NASA projects and space exploration? or would it be better to oppose the unnecessary wars that cost so many lives, and waste far more money, and make more enemies for the US? don't take it for granted that this is not still an issue. it is not being discussed, but many of the Romney advisers are the warmongering neocons that were all hot for war in the Middle East - and had Iran on the agenda, and maybe Syria too, after they did their big successful maneuver in Iraq, as they expected. have they really learned their lesson?
I was being sarcastic. Technology would not be where it is today without the space program.
I don't support being a police state, neither domestically nor internationally. I think that if congress or the president plans a war, their eligible young relatives should be the first ones conscripted for it - and not to sit behind a desk stateside, either.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I never got that far.... Pretty much lost it with big guy tossing a few trillion stars out into the universe and making two people that populated the world....
The "Big Guy" is obviously a Family kind of guy!
We don't know if He's got other families out there...
Waste of space if not!
LOL
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Complex living systems cannot create themselves from random chance... This takes something science cannot explain yet this totally ignored... Never mind me I'm just the 900 pound gorilla in the room... Sweep it under the rug and pretend it all just works anyway...
Great day to ya!
You do know, that you'll never talk sense into him, or people like him???
They don't want to open their minds!
Keep trying though...
God Bless!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I was only counting mammals, avians and reptiles, and even then I knew the number was low.. Fish can fend for themselves - except for the massive salt imbalances, of course. God should have had Noah build an arkuarium for them, I suppose. LOL!
What exactly was the salenity of the oceans 4,600 years ago?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Genesis 1:1
So that's Genesis pre-Phil Collins, right? Peter Gabriel is pretty cool.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude...you seriously need to learn what you're talking about. I have no college degree and I understand what science is and how it works. You seem to be without even the most rudimentary concept if how theories work, what constitutes evidence, and how to spot BS.
Never start with a conclusion. A Creator is a MASSIVE conclusion to start with. That is one if the reasons ID isn't science. It starts with a required outcome and tries to cobble together a story around it...without supporting evidence.
At least real science has the gonads to ditch a theory when it proves false.
lol, fundies.
Hahahahahaha!
Wrong!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>What exactly was the salenity of the oceans 4,600 years ago?
Don't be a "tard".
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You use complex sentence structure, but you don't think about it. You weren't born speaking english - you started with a word, then phrases, then sentences. Then you learned the alphabet, and how to print, how to write script, how to type. You learned parts of sentences, verbs, nouns, subjects, objects, prepositions... It is no surprise to you now that you could write a book - but in daycare it would be unimaginable. You somehow think that life was born speaking english, and never went through "learning" more complexity.
Explaining something does not guarantee understanding it.
I could tell you that lamination retards hysteresis. I could tell you that port tuning is inadequate to eliminate fuel scavenging. I could tell you that a car trunk is never a decent helmholtz resonator.
Not understanding the dynamics of electricity, gases or sound does not make any of these examples "magic".
Not understanding biochemistry does not make your frustration invalid.
But then God shows up in your life, and you'll never believe the evilutional lies again!
I truly hope that happens to each n everyone in the world, but
reading the Book tells me this won't be!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it amazing how being invisible and being non-existent look identical?
Funny?
I thank God everyday... He is who He says He is!
The funny part is... Even You will know Him too!
Sooner or later :-)
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Apple At Cha wrote:
<quoted text>
Heck no. He is a fundamentalist - if the situation doesn't occur EXACTLY the way it was put in the bible, it doesn't count in his mind. It is that black and white for him. It is how he weasels out of those inconvenient commandments to do unto others as he wants done unto him (granted, he must want to be name called with all the name calling he does). It is funny how, in order to get around that "love they neighbor", he restricts the term so much that you probably would need to pass a polygraph with him examining your beliefs before he would ever consider you a "neighbor" worthy of decent treatment.
Wrong!
I would even help you!
defender

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Great day to ya!
You do know, that you'll never talk sense into him, or people like him???
They don't want to open their minds!
Keep trying though...
God Bless!
I know... I'm just showing that all religions should be respected... Evolutionist like to make fun of Christians until one turns the tables and shows exactly what their ridiculous theory states... They don't like it none too much...
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
"and I will wipe from the face of the earth every living creature I have made"
So either Noah had a really big Salt Water tank and a really big Fresh Water tank or God didn't make Fish and Aquatic Mammals....
But I think in reality it was a lingering story told for some 20 thousand years of the time when a catastrophic event happened that caused the swift end of the last ice age... This event would have left a imprint on those left after first fast water rise... Would have been passed through the generations through story telling to be altered and made part of the survival / creation stories of future generations...
I am actually becoming more and more convinced that the actual crust of the earth shifted about 20deg as it's the only explanation that would explain some of the evidence I have studied... First is the rate of melt of the ice caps... If the ice was as we have been told the world temps would have to have risen massively in a short order to explain the rate of melt.... But a crustal shift would have moved the polar caps from the into different latitudes where it would melt quickly... and form new ice caps at the new polar positions... During the last Ice age I'm starting to think the North Pole was about where northern Michigan is today leaving most of Antarctica Ice free... And wiping a existing fairly advanced civilization from history.....
Crust shift? No doubt...
Take a ball, poke lots of pins in it randomly, n spin it...
Newton had something to do with this I believe!
About the fish though... Oceans were a lot less salty in those days!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>People have been praying in vain for much longer yet some people still insist that prayer is real (what? I have no proof that prayer does not work because I do not know what has happened over the past 1000 years? Yea that is exactly my point)
I get answers to my Prayers almost all the time...
You could too, but yer praying to the WRONG guy!
Go figure!

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Crust shift? No doubt...
Take a ball, poke lots of pins in it randomly, n spin it...
Newton had something to do with this I believe!
About the fish though... Oceans were a lot less salty in those days!
Did you lose this?

I think it's your other neuron.
Show me where the salinity charts are in the Bible? I can't seem to find them.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>Some chemicals with a spark of electron movement causes reactions that we call life. sentient beings took much longer, and I use the word sentient loosly
"I use the word sentient loosly" about YOU I would too!
You are more of a Parrot...
Polly wanna cracker?

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 8, 2012

Judged:

defender wrote:
<quoted text>
I know... I'm just showing that all religions should be respected... Evolutionist like to make fun of Christians until one turns the tables and shows exactly what their ridiculous theory states... They don't like it none too much...
The first time you say something ridiculous, it's interesting. The second time, it's a little funny. The thousandth time -
I "don't like it none too much..." It's like listening to a skipping Lawrence Welk record.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Williamsburg Discussions

Search the Williamsburg Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min JOE NASTY 146,190
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 2 hr oscar 16,116
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 2 hr terri 26,184
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr sad 81,569
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 3 hr shew 1,014
Heather meadows daniels 4 hr Tony 6
Ashley Hartman @ WHS (Jan '09) 4 hr Muranda 19
•••
•••
•••
•••

Williamsburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000