Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 174816 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#83639 Jul 26, 2012
Hitch wrote:
@Stupid-ppl
The bible doesn't contain any answers; only commands, laws and doctrines from thousands of years ago. Saying the Bible has all the answers is the height of ignorance. If you deists would pull your heads out of that poorly translated book of ancient mythology you might find some truth instead of hiding behind the words of six thousand year dead primitive nomads from the middle eastern deserts and claiming that you believe some all powerful thing caused them to write the book. Please.
My point is proven everytime some one comes in with a stupid opion nothing that proves what he's saying...the fact is the more science tries to prove that God does'nt exist the more they prove that he does listen to the reasons that there gives evolving from monkeys ok lets just " SAY " that's true why is there still monkeys in the world why are they not evolving and how long have they been around. The big bang theory thats just ridiculous everything is gonna line up perfect the world is gonna be in the right place to were we won't freeze and won't burn up. Then the plants are gonna release Oxygen for us to breath and were gonna release Carbon Dioxidefor the plants to breath and all this is just gonna happen perfectly for no reason just cause a explosion is space yea right..!!
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83640 Jul 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
If the fable of the christian cults god where true he would be responsible for all of the worlds suffering for thousands of years, it would be on his shoulders that innocent children starve, are raped by Priest, suffer disease, etc. If the fable of the christian cults god where indeed true this would be a creature that is evil and we should hunt it down and kill it like a rabid dog!
Thankfully it is just a fable, we now know that the world is not flat and that the sun does not orbit the earth, we know that the pretty lights in the sky at night are distant suns we call stars
You could consider the Torah, Quoran and Bible to be early social engineering tools. In some aspects they worked pretty well to bring organization to anarchy. In other ways, they have brought chaos and repression. I think the world is better off with some written moral yardsticks like the six commandments (throw away 1, 2, 3 and 4)and the golden rule, but the vast bulk is filler and obsolete.
juggalo

Lexington, SC

#83641 Jul 26, 2012
trusted wrote:
here is a good place to look
monumental - in search of americas treasure(great show) with Kirk Cameron , from his words.
I turn on the news looking for answers, but all I hear is noise. Everyone is pointing their finger at the Left or the Right when, frankly, neither side seems to get it. Time is flying by too quickly for petty arguments. My children’s future won’t wait. I’ve got to do something now.
Here’s my hunch: Could it be that we have simply forgotten what made us such a great nation in the first place? So many people are waiting around for our leaders to come up with a grand plan to save our nation. But is that really how America got started? What if things actually work the other way around? What if real change doesn’t start at the top but at the bottom? What if the best place to begin transforming our country is not the Oval Office but the dinner table?
Monumental is my journey to find answers to these questions. I’m retracing the footsteps of our Founders from England to America in the hope of discovering our true “national treasure.” I want to listen to them, to learn from them. Because I suspect our Forefathers knew we were a forgetful people, that someday we would lose our way as a nation. So they left us a map that would guide us back to the source of America’s success
Kirk Cameron ..wow don't you think its strange that he mentions his kids future ,but just made millions of dollars putting out material that says the end is now ??? There is no future ?..what, he doesn't believe all the bs that he's putting out there ?? It's like Harold camping saying it was the end of the world and his radio stations that was making a killing off all the people who believed him ,were still making out the next weeks schedules for the shows ...and all the people who can't think for themselves eat it up like crazy
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83642 Jul 26, 2012
Stupid-ppl wrote:
<quoted text>
My point is proven everytime some one comes in with a stupid opion nothing that proves what he's saying...the fact is the more science tries to prove that God does'nt exist the more they prove that he does listen to the reasons that there gives evolving from monkeys ok lets just " SAY " that's true why is there still monkeys in the world why are they not evolving and how long have they been around. The big bang theory thats just ridiculous everything is gonna line up perfect the world is gonna be in the right place to were we won't freeze and won't burn up. Then the plants are gonna release Oxygen for us to breath and were gonna release Carbon Dioxidefor the plants to breath and all this is just gonna happen perfectly for no reason just cause a explosion is space yea right..!!
Cheer up! You got the moniker right, even if nothing else.

Location hidden

#83643 Jul 26, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheer up! You got the moniker right, even if nothing else.
Lol that just made me laugh so i guess the laugh was worth all the typing lol....
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83644 Jul 26, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
The Bible wrote:
<quoted text>
"Mirrorman, I have even heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light and understanding and excellent wisdom is found in thee."
Gee, thanks.
AWW, YOU HAVE A STALKER
Who'd guess that old King Belshazzar would be a fan?:)
Now maybe the crazies - uh, er the faithful will listen?
MirrorMan

Muskegon, MI

#83645 Jul 26, 2012
uh, er Bretheren.. that's it.
maybe my bretheren will listen.

(gimme a break - I'm new at the "endorsed by the spirit" thingy.)

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83646 Jul 26, 2012
"As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?" --- John Adams, letter to F.A. Van der Kamp, Dec. 27, 1816

"Shake off all the fears of servile prejudices, under which weak minds are servilely crouched. Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact, every opinion. Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." --- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Peter Carr, Aug. 10, 1787

"On the dogmas of religion, as distinguished from moral principles, all mankind, from the beginning of the world to this day, have been quarreling, fighting, burning and torturing one another, for abstractions unintelligible to themselves and to all others, and absolutely beyond the comprehension of the human mind." --- Thomas Jefferson to Carey, 1816

http://zenhell.com/GetEnlightened/FoundingFat...

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83647 Jul 26, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You could consider the Torah, Quoran and Bible to be early social engineering tools. In some aspects they worked pretty well to bring organization to anarchy. In other ways, they have brought chaos and repression. I think the world is better off with some written moral yardsticks like the six commandments (throw away 1, 2, 3 and 4)and the golden rule, but the vast bulk is filler and obsolete.
If every one would first extend to others the rights they claim for themselves, but that will never happen

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83648 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Not only are you stupid, you are crazy as well... You have no understanding of what Jesus was saying in this passage... Just like your understanding of evolution... Wrong...
The primitive superstitious tribes of Africa have a lot in common with the christian cult.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83649 Jul 26, 2012
MirrorMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That is exactly what they are, tools to enable a group of people to rule the masses. Needed thousands of years ago but outdated today because of knowledge and education.
Consider the "medicine man" in primitive cultures using the threat of spirits to control stronger men.....
Hitch

West Liberty, KY

#83650 Jul 26, 2012
Stupid-ppl wrote:
<quoted text>
Your oversimplification of the concepts in question show that you have very little knowledge of the subjects. Perhaps you should read Origin Of Species and A Brief History Of Time before you talk more. You're not helping your side with your ignorance.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83651 Jul 26, 2012
Stupid-ppl wrote:
<quoted text>
From your reasoning plants and animals where here before the earth? Your post show that you have even less education than I do
defender

United States

#83652 Jul 26, 2012
juggalo wrote:
<quoted text>Kirk Cameron ..wow don't you think its strange that he mentions his kids future ,but just made millions of dollars putting out material that says the end is now ??? There is no future ?..what, he doesn't believe all the bs that he's putting out there ?? It's like Harold camping saying it was the end of the world and his radio stations that was making a killing off all the people who believed him ,were still making out the next weeks schedules for the shows ...and all the people who can't think for themselves eat it up like crazy
As I have said before people have been screaming doom for years... But the technology today is down right scary... I laughed at the conspiracy theories for years and was never stupid enough to reach them my money... Now we have RFID chips and GPS... I find it not as funny anymore... I find it amazing that the bible could predict such things 2000 years ago... Without this technology I would have found it hard to believe... Say what you will but to me the stage is set and it's just a matter of time... No one knows when it's going to hit the fan but Jesus did say "You will know when I'm near even at the door"... Take it anyway you want to... I really don't care...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#83653 Jul 26, 2012
Hitch wrote:
<quoted text>
Your oversimplification of the concepts in question show that you have very little knowledge of the subjects. Perhaps you should read Origin Of Species and A Brief History Of Time before you talk more. You're not helping your side with your ignorance.
Get used to it.... From just about every poster I have seen it's the norm... Those that have almost no education in the sciences cannot grasp the details and only vaguely understand popular simplistic concepts.. Man evolved from Apes, The Universe was Created from Nothing and the assorted erroneous understanding of what is actually understood leads them to a mindset that is open to Magic and Myth for explanations....

Trying to explain Quantum Mechanics, Special Relativity or even explain basic science concepts such as Evidence or Proofs is like trying to teach a aboriginal amazon tribesman how a Flat Screen TV works works...

#83654 Jul 26, 2012
Hitch wrote:
<quoted text>
To Clarify... Not all posters... Just B'Levers...
defender

United States

#83655 Jul 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Get used to it.... From just about every poster I have seen it's the norm... Those that have almost no education in the sciences cannot grasp the details and only vaguely understand popular simplistic concepts.. Man evolved from Apes, The Universe was Created from Nothing and the assorted erroneous understanding of what is actually understood leads them to a mindset that is open to Magic and Myth for explanations....

Trying to explain Quantum Mechanics, Special Relativity or even explain basic science concepts such as Evidence or Proofs is like trying to teach a aboriginal amazon tribesman how a Flat Screen TV works works...
Your theory doesn't scientifically work... I'm sorry if that is hard to accept but that doesn't change the fact... But hey keep wishing away...

#83656 Jul 26, 2012
defender wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory doesn't scientifically work... I'm sorry if that is hard to accept but that doesn't change the fact... But hey keep wishing away...
What Theory? I have never produced a Theory....

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#83657 Jul 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:

<quoted text>Get used to it.... From just about every poster I have seen it's the norm... Those that have almost no education in the sciences cannot grasp the details and only vaguely understand popular simplistic concepts.. Man evolved from Apes, The Universe was Created from Nothing and the assorted erroneous understanding of what is actually understood leads them to a mindset that is open to Magic and Myth for explanations....

THUS PROVING WHAT HE SAID IS CORRECT.
I HAVE NO UNDERSTANDING OF THE SCIENCES, BUT I KNOW THAT IS BECAUSE OF MY OWN LACK OF EDUCATION, NOT BECAUSE THEY MUST BE WRONG JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT HIGHLY EDUCATED
Blame others for your short comings.....
defender

United States

#83658 Jul 26, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>To Clarify... Not all posters... Just B'Levers...
By the way... I challenged you to a game of chess not long back and never got a response... So once again you name the time and place and I'll bring the board... Your so smart shouldn't be a problem beating the likes of me right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pregnant on a four wheeler (Jul '10) 1 hr Chewchewbee 43
Lawson or Kirby for jailer? 2 hr Hank 13
carla 6 hr disgtuntled 1
Teachers who took pictures w/ Regina Bunch Huff! Sat newman campbell rd 14
vvictoria irwin Sat fff 9
stabbing Fri Bartholomew 1
Does anyone Know Amanda Bryant used to date bo... Apr 19 Reva Robinson 1

Williamsburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages