Girl

Richmond, KY

#1 Feb 5, 2013
Girl looking for a gun. MEN, please tell me what I need to get. Price is no object. In these last days, want to defend myself.
Thanks
cowboy

Winfield, TN

#2 Feb 5, 2013
daisy bb gun
I know

United States

#3 Feb 5, 2013
Me
if it was me

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2013
colt 45
Look Around

Clay City, KY

#5 Feb 6, 2013
Are you serious??? A woman cant give information on what gun you need?? lol What cave do you live in??? SMH
just me

Knoxville, TN

#6 Feb 6, 2013
Any gun will put a hole in someone, if you know how to shoot it. Just depends on what size hole you want to leave! lol
Pepper

Whitewater, WI

#7 Feb 7, 2013
For Semi-Autos: A .380ACP is the absolute minimum in caliber you want to go for personal defense. 9mm is decent if you only use hollow point ammo, also not much recoil. A .45ACP will certainly do the job regardless of the type of ammo, but the recoil can be a bit much. A .40S&W is the best "all around" caliber, for both knockdown power and recoil.

For Revolvers:.38 Special would be the best "all around" in caliber and recoil. A .357 Magnum would be the next step up in knockdown power and recoil. Both have been trusted upon for decades.

There's a huge variety of firearms out there, just gotta find what suits YOU best. Like the guy said, a gun will put a hole in someone if you know how to use it (....regardless of the caliber).
truth

Mayfield, KY

#8 Feb 7, 2013
1. Any gun is better than no gun. 2. A gun that is reliable is better than a gun that is not. 3. A hole in the right place is better than a hole in the wrong place. 4. A bigger hole is a better hole.
volfan

Sevierville, TN

#9 Feb 7, 2013
Call or go by Kentucky Outdoorsman and talk to Steve. He can answer any questions you have and may even reccommend something that fits what your looking for. It would be a good learning experience even if you dont buy from them, but there prices are pretty good. I have bought several guns there myself.
Guns Allowed

Cambridge, MA

#10 Feb 27, 2013
Hey, since you are a female who doesn't know much about guns, you may want to start off with a 25 or 22 pistol. Compact, small, holds a clip (magazine). Do not get one from a pawn shop. Buy one new. You don't know the history of a gun at a pawn shop. Me, I can take one apart and look at it and put it back together, it'll be fine. But if you don't know much about guns, it's best to buy one brand new!!!:)

Since: Jun 09

Location hidden

#13 Mar 10, 2013
My gun is a Judge Taurus 45/410 revolver long colt. Oh snap. I just remembered something. I'm a girl I don't know anything about guns. Or what kind to get.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 min Pres Donald J Tru... 164,826
Bootsie Taylor 10 min Jennifer 1
Miesha wooldridge 5 hr Sheesh 6
Who knows Robin Wilson? 5 hr Sheesh 2
Drowning 20 hr Parent 2
krystal Thomas Tue Laura 4
Williamsburg Plastics no no (Dec '16) Mon someone 38

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages