South bound I-75 Shut Down

South bound I-75 Shut Down

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

Prayers

Corbin, KY

#1 Dec 22, 2008
Does anyone know what happened? They were making people exit at south Corbin exit...Heard it was a red truck
aaaaa

Greenback, TN

#2 Dec 22, 2008
Well someone I know has been stranded on the interstate for over 2 hours now. She is 75 south bound just pass the 25 exit. Does anyone know anything about it.
ooohhhhh

AOL

#4 Dec 22, 2008
I heard there was a fatality. Possibly a man
yes

Pikeville, KY

#5 Dec 22, 2008
there was a bad wreck that killed someone there was a trucker involved he was taking by police to brmc
bad

Greenback, TN

#6 Dec 22, 2008
Thats bad especially around Christmas. We all need to remember the family in our prayers.
ooohhhhh

AOL

#7 Dec 22, 2008
Were they from around here.
bbb

Corbin, KY

#8 Dec 23, 2008
loudon kevin muncy

Since: Dec 08

Madisonville, KY

#9 Dec 23, 2008
when did this happen
Prayers

Corbin, KY

#10 Dec 23, 2008
well love on that wrote:
when did this happen
Last night
Prayers

Corbin, KY

#11 Dec 23, 2008
Police dept. had traffic exiting at south corbin exit...It was about 830 when I came up on it..but you could tell by traffic it hadn't been long..they had to wait for the coroner to get there before they could move him
prayers please

AOL

#12 Dec 23, 2008
A very bad time of the year for this.Everyone please keep this family in there prayers.I believe I know this guy from school.My heart goes out to the family.
williamburg girl

Madisonville, KY

#13 Dec 23, 2008
Yeah my supervisor is best friends with his mom it is really sad she was all upset and they said he has a girl so please pray for the family and friends.
sad

Brodhead, KY

#14 Dec 24, 2008
Kevin Muncy killed on interstate in Whitley County; Southbound I-75 shut down for nearly 3 hours

By Brad Hicks / Staff Writer

A London man died as the result of an accident that occurred Monday evening on Interstate 75 in Whitley County.

Kevin P. Muncy, 32, was pronounced dead at the scene by the Whitley County Coroner’s Office at 6:50 p.m. after being struck by a tractor-trailer near the 22 mile marker on southbound Interstate 75.

The accident occurred at approximately 6:30 p.m. According to Officer Greg Reams with Kentucky Vehicle Enforcement, Muncy was traveling northbound on the interstate when he lost control of his Ford crew cab pickup truck and went into the median. Reams said the reason Muncy lost control of the vehicle is still under investigation, pending a toxicology report.

Reams said Muncy’s vehicle entered the median on its side and overturned several times. According to Reams, Muncy, who was not wearing a seatbelt, was ejected from his vehicle as it overturned in the median.

Both Muncy and his truck came to a rest in the southbound lane when Muncy’s person was struck by a tractor-trailer driven by Charles J. Williams, 33, of Washburn, Tenn. Reams said debris from the bed of Muncy’s pickup was thrown into the front of Williams’ truck as it overturned in the median. Williams was taken to Baptist Regional Medical Center to be checked out.

Whitley County Emergency Management Director Danny Moses said southbound lanes were closed approximately three hours and traffic was diverted onto US Highway 25. Moses said the southbound lanes were reopened at 9:23 p.m.

The KVE was assisted at the scene by the Whitley County Coroner’s Office, Kentucky State Police Trooper Bill Elliott, Whitley County Sheriff’s Office Deputies Josh Meadors and Johnny Miller, the Oak Grove Volunteer Fire Department, Department of Emergency Services Coordinator Jerry Rains, and Whitley County Emergency Management Director Danny Moses.

No autopsy is planned. Reams said the investigation is continuing.

http://www.thetimestribune.com/local/local_st...
seen it happen

Somerset, KY

#15 Dec 24, 2008
when his truck came to rest on the southbound lane there was one car between my truck and his. It was a very bad accident. The only thing i really want whitley county residence to know is that when there is a fatality, it should not take the coroner almost 2 hours to arrive on the scene. that poor man lay on the interstate and those of us close enough to see everything it was just uncalled for.
And the truck was a dodge not a ford. I pray for the family, and may kevin rest in peace.
WHITLEY RESPONDER

Anderson, SC

#16 Dec 24, 2008
seen it happen wrote:
when his truck came to rest on the southbound lane there was one car between my truck and his. It was a very bad accident. The only thing i really want whitley county residence to know is that when there is a fatality, it should not take the coroner almost 2 hours to arrive on the scene. that poor man lay on the interstate and those of us close enough to see everything it was just uncalled for.
And the truck was a dodge not a ford. I pray for the family, and may kevin rest in peace.
Please allow me to clear something.The coronor came when his was called by the police, in a accident like this we have to wait for the State police to disptch a reconstructive to inspect the crime scene before anything can be moved.We are blessed to have a very professional coronor and Sheriffs dept .
seen it happen

Somerset, KY

#17 Dec 24, 2008
of course you are going to be loyal to the team, there were whitley county officers on the scene in less than 5 minutes. And most of them were wondering around like they didn't know what to do. I'm sorry, but i dont, and after seeing all that i did ever want to have to experience anything like that again. I do think that it could have been handled alot more professionally. And dont get me wrong the jobs that officals have to do is not one that i would want. My hats off to you i just think you should be more prepaired for scenes like that one.
Fireman

United States

#18 Dec 25, 2008
it was a dodge not a ford the time's tribune needs to get their facts strait
corzfam

AOL

#19 Dec 27, 2008
i was a few minutes behind it. it as a red jeep and a truck.the jeep rolled. the driver of the jeep ejected and killed. it was at 475 and 75 southbound
Fireman

United States

#20 Dec 29, 2008
okay you all on topixs dont want to tell the truth their was no jeep involved it was a freightliner and a 1500 burgandy quad street dodge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr CCzar 166,373
News Kentucky couple charged with beating woman with... 3 hr Curiosity 21
Williamsburg Plastics no no (Dec '16) 4 hr Curiosity 39
Road dept. news 4 hr Misty 3
Who knows Felicia blakley aka weasel Thu Reginaintheburg 3
Nathan aker Aug 17 Gerald baker 1
Anyone know why the murdered that girl in mud C... Aug 17 kkk 4

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance