Joe Moses Grocery new owners

Joe Moses Grocery new owners

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

Sikeston, MO

#1 Nov 14, 2008
Whats the deal with this?.. Since the new owners took over. The parking lot is empty! Did everyone boycott it or something. It's like ghost town!
friend from pleasant view

Sikeston, MO

#2 Nov 14, 2008
Don't think its a boycott or anything like that , just that Joe always had a bunch of people hanging out and playing rook and 500 rummy ,don't know that people have that level of comfort with Billy Parks yet. I hope that folks in the community will get the things they need but don't want to run to town for.I think that Billy and his family are very good people and will be an assett to the community such as Joe and Billie Moses and of course Rocky for the last many years.My prayers will be with the new owners that they will be successful and continue to serve our community for years to come.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#3 Nov 15, 2008
ahh man...
i loved joe moses..
pleasant view will never be the same...
does he boys still work there??
gonna miss em

Sikeston, MO

#4 Nov 15, 2008
Meressia Lynn wrote:
ahh man...
i loved joe moses..
pleasant view will never be the same...
does he boys still work there??
I don't think any of Joe's family will be there as an employee. I'll miss the 'old' Moses grocery. It's been there as far back as I can remember and my son loved hanging out there when he was 13, 14, 15, playing pinball, helping Randy & Joe stock, sitting in on card games and just generally being one of the 'guys.' He has fond memories of Moses Grocery. My Uncle could always be found there, sitting around 'the liars table' playing rook. I've called Joe at the store hundreds of times to ask, "is your electric off down there?" or "what's happened down that way? Has there been a wreck? Who was it?" and Joe or one of the boys ALWAYS knew, too. They would tell me what was happening and I'll miss that. Good luck to the new owners but it will never be the same.
Good People

La Grange, KY

#5 Nov 15, 2008
Good people like Joe and his Family are hard to find, this town sure could use more like them. Wish his family good health and happiness in their retirement. Thanks for all you've done.

Since: Nov 08

#6 Nov 15, 2008
Joe and his sons were always good to me. Treated everyone like they were family. They brought a lot to the small community of Pleasant View. I will miss them. It will never be the same. The store was there ever since I was born. My dad was there all the time. He misses it more than I. The only place that the older guys could go and be guys.
It is true. It is just not the same. I've been in there a couple times since the new owners took over. They are very nice people. They are the Moses' but they are nice. Everyone should give them a chance. Pop in. Get to know them. Thanks Joe, Rocky, and Randy. For being who you were. You guys meant a lot. Going to miss you!
Marlene layne

Fairfield, OH

#7 Nov 30, 2008
I am Joe's sister and I sure will miss them.
My family and I always enjoyed coming to Pleasant View, and visiting the family, and connecting with old family and friends.
Marlene layne
Piqua, Oh.
Iva Hughes

Loveland, OH

#8 Nov 30, 2008
I am Iva Hughes, Joe's sister and I will sure miss them, but am glad they have freed up some quality time for themselves.
Sidney, Oh.
from there

Lexington, KY

#11 Sep 20, 2009
I loved going to joe's store, always went there and since the new store owners have been there, I've been there maybe once or twice. Joe was always good to me and my family, he always gave my kids candy when we went in there. It's not the same with him not running that store anymore.
Grow up

United States

#17 Nov 12, 2009
Well for one Billy is a good guy.. Joe is my uncle and the store may not be the same but it's not that bad.. I grew up in pleasant view.. Went to school there.. My grandmother went to school there and we still live here... It's not that bad of a thing... The new owner is a nice guy.. Yes I will miss the old store.. But think about it... What did it feel like when the old store burnt down? It sucked but we got used to it.. And as for the people on here running there mouth about Billy... U can get in trouble for running ur mouth... It is slander and can be brought forth with a fine or jail time... Do u know what an I.p. Address is? And yes u can get one off this site... There have been many people get in trouble for it... So think befor u speak... And by the way... If they were that bad of people. Uncle Joe wouldn't have sold the store to them!
Darrick Patrick

United States

#20 Mar 19, 2012
My grandparents on my father's side (I'm Rocky's oldest son) owned Moses Grocery. Here's a video from 2000 featuring my buddy John Paul Smith, who is showcasing some of the great merchandise in the store. I miss it being in the family.​watch...
Darrick Patrick

United States

#21 Mar 19, 2012
Oops, the other link didn't work.

And I'll try it again...

Coco Moses

Corbin, KY

#25 Sep 20, 2012
Greatest store of all time. So many memories and good times that shall never be forgotten.

Strunk, KY

#26 Sep 20, 2012
where is this store
Tuti Phruti

Hamilton, OH

#30 Sep 26, 2012
Tuti Phruti wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know why people are removing the questions about Sam Moses. I think he use to own a store many, many years ago.
I am not on here to say anything bad about the Moses. My friends' mom use to take us to a store, I think a Sam Moses owned it. He would give us each a piece of chewing gum. My friend also had a dog, Sam would come outside a pet it while we were there.
Darrick Patrick

Dayton, OH

#31 Aug 4, 2017
Trick-or-treating at Moses Grocery in Williamsburg, Kentucky on October 30th, 1993. Appearances by Joe Moses, LaShea Myers, Rocky Moses Sr., Donna Durham, Randy Moses, Brandon Tucker, Jericho Moses, Scott Durham, Rocky Moses Jr., Jason Durham, Gina Moses-Smith, Chasity Perkins, Jordan Moses, Tim Smith, Margie Moses, Tammy Olds-Giesige, Jessica Durham, Koneika McKiddy, Brent Berry, Phyllis Durham-Tucker, etc. Filmed by Billie Moses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 min Princess Hey 4,086
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min forumwatcher 173,800
Good bankruptcy lawyers 26 min In the know 2
crystal Grubb 30 min BB 1
who thinks knox need u marked police cars ? 49 min Cat 19
Cumberland River Behavioral 9 hr just me 6
Brandon White Sat I told you so 3

Williamsburg Jobs

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages