Car Factory: Williamsburgers need not apply

Posted in the Williamsburg Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Job Seeker

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Sep 7, 2009
Since most of W'burg and the surround county are hard core republicians,,,,will they apply for jobs that was primarily funded by a Democratic President and his stimulus plan.

Maybe the first question on the application should be: Do you support the president's stimulus plan which funded this factory that you are applying to work for?
voter

Mayfield, KY

#2 Sep 8, 2009
Job Seeker wrote:
Since most of W'burg and the surround county are hard core republicians,,,,will they apply for jobs that was primarily funded by a Democratic President and his stimulus plan.
Maybe the first question on the application should be: Do you support the president's stimulus plan which funded this factory that you are applying to work for?
Gosh your a smart puppy aren't you? People like you should just stay at home when the apps are being taken with that kind of attitude.
Curious2Know

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Sep 8, 2009
This company did NOT receive any stimulus money. Thought I agree that I see lots of Republicans
with their hands out at the same time their tounges are bashing the President.

Hypocrites
Kay

United States

#4 Sep 8, 2009

I agree!!! But, you know who will be the first in line, don't you?! Then, every politician within 50 miles will be there for the ribbon-cutting ceremony, and they'll probably name it "Hal Rogers Industrial Park," so the Republicans can all take credit for stimulating the economy in Williamsburg!
Where will it be located

United States

#5 Sep 8, 2009
can someone tell me where the new car factory will be located in Williamsburg?
Where will it be located

United States

#6 Sep 8, 2009
Job Seeker wrote:
Most likely it won't matter because I know a lot of democrats who work at Hal Rogers Waterpark.
The Real Deal Politician

Lexington, KY

#7 Sep 8, 2009
Where will it be located wrote:
can someone tell me where the new car factory will be located in Williamsburg?
--------Green jobs” is perhaps the most repeated phrase in economic development nowadays, echoed by politicians as the cure to the nation’s struggling economy and said to be the future of America’s workforce. Just recently, Brooks Agnew, President of Global Green Cars, Inc., happily announced that his company will, in fact, produce electric vehicles from a factory in Whitley County.
---------- my Farm )I think i owe to the PPl Of Whitley County , Since my Farm was left to me by an Old Couple that i barely ever took care of And that i was supposed to have taken care of their cemetery , which i have never done at all . But i would like to thank my Good Neighbor Ralph Childers for Doing the best job ever taking care of that Burial ground,(Vote Ralph Childers as the next Sheriff of Whitley County,) Oh i got Carried away for a minute back to the real story here. I along With all my Numb Skulls , That set with me each month and did vote and second the motion of the new Car Factory. I have come to a decision to donate my Farm to the County PPl for The support to me for the up coming election . I need this Job thru the County to help support me and my Family we are jsut barely making ends meet. I have thought about signing up on Welfare and Food Stamps but i have made one last effort for the PPl to Give me their vote so i can keep my Job abd continue doing what i do best and sit at the fiscal meetings and acting like i know what is going on at all this bull stuff that is brought up at each fiscal meeting! Thanx for your support !Roger
Jimmy Swaggart

United States

#8 Sep 8, 2009
The Real Deal Politician wrote:
<quoted text>--------Green jobs” is perhaps the most repeated phrase in economic development nowadays, echoed by politicians as the cure to the nation’s struggling economy and said to be the future of America’s workforce. Just recently, Brooks Agnew, President of Global Green Cars, Inc., happily announced that his company will, in fact, produce electric vehicles from a factory in Whitley County.
---------- my Farm )I think i owe to the PPl Of Whitley County , Since my Farm was left to me by an Old Couple that i barely ever took care of And that i was supposed to have taken care of their cemetery , which i have never done at all . But i would like to thank my Good Neighbor Ralph Childers for Doing the best job ever taking care of that Burial ground,(Vote Ralph Childers as the next Sheriff of Whitley County,) Oh i got Carried away for a minute back to the real story here. I along With all my Numb Skulls , That set with me each month and did vote and second the motion of the new Car Factory. I have come to a decision to donate my Farm to the County PPl for The support to me for the up coming election . I need this Job thru the County to help support me and my Family we are jsut barely making ends meet. I have thought about signing up on Welfare and Food Stamps but i have made one last effort for the PPl to Give me their vote so i can keep my Job abd continue doing what i do best and sit at the fiscal meetings and acting like i know what is going on at all this bull stuff that is brought up at each fiscal meeting! Thanx for your support !Roger
If your farm is the location of the new factory, where will you move to or are you going to continue living at the factory? It will be bad for you if you donate your farm and then you lose the election. I hear the people in Rockhold, Browns Creek, parts of Woodbine and especially Williamsburg are out to get you this time ole man. You have let them down, done nothing for their roads, etc.You even promised some of them water and cable, and guess what, NOTHING. You should be ashamed, lying to the people like that. Are you still preaching? I was shocked when I heard that you were "supposed" to be a man of God.
The Real Deal Politician

Lexington, KY

#9 Sep 9, 2009
Well Brother Swaggart, Please i assure you that i will have a place to live, sure my farm is my Donation to a good deed that we be well done. I deserve all the help i can get. from you good citizens of Whitley county and especially of the first District. i know i have made promises some i kept and many i didn't. I have treied my best Pat knows i have. I kept my promises to Pat , But let you PPl down. I am so sorry and that is from the heart. LOL , i will continue doing what i do best for the PPL and For Pat especially Pat. He said i the best numb skull down here. the best brown noser he has ever seen. That is his opinion tho. I know i have faults no one is perfect. I am a nam of the clothe that is wearing my Bibs all the time. That is what i am . just have faith in me and i will do the next four years as i have done already , LOL . Just remember me on election day.
how are these landlords

Middlesboro, KY

#10 Sep 9, 2009
Curious2Know wrote:
This company did NOT receive any stimulus money. Thought I agree that I see lots of Republicans
with their hands out at the same time their tounges are bashing the President.
Hypocrites
Sorry, you're mistaken on this issue. The car plant was waiting to see if they would get their stimulus grant to come to W'burg, and they did get it.
Look at it how ever you want to,,,,,without the Obama money, this factory would not be coming to W'burg.
Sure it's not Toyota or Honda, but, a jobs a job, and they'll pay over $13 an hour to start, beats walmart and the county jail wages.
Curious2Know

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Sep 9, 2009
Green Star Products, AKA The car factory, did not receive any Federal stimulus money. They did receive money from Frankfort.
'Earlier this year, Governor Steven L. Beshear of the State of Kentucky pledged his support for this electric vehicle production facility and on May 28, 2009, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority approved a $15.5 million dollar financial incentive package for GGCI to build this facility.'
Check the web site and stock price. Very interesting to read the Yahoo message boards on this company.
Whitley mom

Murray, KY

#12 Sep 9, 2009
Everyone can say what they want im just glad to see some work coming to Williamsburg.It makes it hard when you loose your job and you sign up on unemployment and that sh@t is a joke.I welcome new jobs here anytime and hope everyone that really wants a job gets it..Good Luck All
I AGREE

AOL

#13 Sep 9, 2009
Amen. I can't live on unemployement. I need insurance. So I don't care how or who gets these jobs in as long as we get them.
Jimmy Swaggart

Lawrenceburg, KY

#14 Sep 9, 2009
The Real Deal Politician wrote:
Well Brother Swaggart, Please i assure you that i will have a place to live, sure my farm is my Donation to a good deed that we be well done. I deserve all the help i can get. from you good citizens of Whitley county and especially of the first District. i know i have made promises some i kept and many i didn't. I have treied my best Pat knows i have. I kept my promises to Pat , But let you PPl down. I am so sorry and that is from the heart. LOL , i will continue doing what i do best for the PPL and For Pat especially Pat. He said i the best numb skull down here. the best brown noser he has ever seen. That is his opinion tho. I know i have faults no one is perfect. I am a nam of the clothe that is wearing my Bibs all the time. That is what i am . just have faith in me and i will do the next four years as i have done already , LOL . Just remember me on election day.
I'll remember you alright, remember to vote for your opponent. Just as soon as I get water lines and cable on my property, I might consider voting for you. But, you shouldn't lie to the people, you just told us what we wanted to hear. Shame on you Reverend Wells. Oh, by the way if you're ever down in Louisiana look me up. I have some "friends" I bet you'd like to meet, if you know what I mean Reverend Well.(wink, wink)
regina

United States

#15 Nov 3, 2009
does anyone know when their taking applications & where???
bluntly

Corbin, KY

#16 Nov 3, 2009
Job Seeker wrote:
from what ive heard the company was in colorado and is moving out here because of the huge tax break they will recieve.furthermore if you could only live long enough to ask your great great great great great great great great grandchildren how they like the debt slavery from our blunders and us allowing the private bankers to rob us.better yet explain to them how a private corperation is incharge of our monatary system.also explain to them how our money is backed by nothing more than our slavery.also explain to them about how the two party system is a failure,and how you a suckered into believing in this failed two party system!
bluntly

Corbin, KY

#17 Nov 3, 2009
you can believe obama is better than bush if you want to,in reality bush and obama are no different.two different piles of the same crap.nothing more than puppets on a string! you can keep that yes we can,time for change propaganda!
bluntly

Corbin, KY

#18 Nov 3, 2009
inou

Murray, KY

#19 Nov 3, 2009
bluntly wrote:
you can believe obama is better than bush if you want to,in reality bush and obama are no different.two different piles of the same crap.nothing more than puppets on a string! you can keep that yes we can,time for change propaganda!
how about that! they must have gotten wireless internet on the short bus. take your meds and calm down you're almost home now.
regina

United States

#20 Nov 3, 2009
i just wanna know when their taking applications. any response would be nice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Gay Marriage - Williamsburg, KY (Jul '10) 5 min SCOTT ROSS 234
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 min Mike duck it 136,605
Where's Arthur Vaughn? 1 hr Casey 3
Anybody know David Allen smith? (Jul '13) 1 hr concerned 21
Whitley County needs new Sheriff Department 17 hr bbr 6
2 bedroom for rent Sat walmart 1
Needs in Canadatown May 1 dont need more help 13
More from around the web

Williamsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]