Next Last
dont attend

Gorham, IL

#1 Aug 28, 2008
what do you think?
odd

Gorham, IL

#2 Aug 28, 2008
but the preacher there I know has run off 2 different families with children because their child wasnt what he called quite. Sad but it is in the Bible you are not to turn away the little children. Jesus said suffer them not to come to me. and this preacher will have the souls on his hand for that. those people may never again go to church because of him.
Willie

Gorham, IL

#3 Aug 28, 2008
he stated Willie Nelson would have to take a bath and cut his hair before he would be allowed to come there. which is not a statement a so called preacher should say.
ex goer

Gorham, IL

#4 Aug 28, 2008
when I went there he said all women teachers and preachers are Jezebels, and umm that is by no way Bible teachings! Jezebel in the Bible was a wicked woman who was throw from a window and wild dogs killed her, plus there were 3 virgin women all sisters who preached.
JakeR

Athens, TN

#5 Aug 28, 2008
who is the preacher?
hmmm

Gorham, IL

#6 Aug 28, 2008
are you allowed to name names on here? his intials are DH
well

Gorham, IL

#7 Aug 28, 2008
i went there and his name is darrell h. I only went there a few times myself. some of the sunday school teachers are nice, but you learn to tune out the garbage and try to hear Gods Word which you dont hear much of either, its his words and stories about him and his wife having sex and their horses and house and everything but preaching. ive also heard some of the above statements too. children are not allowed in the church, they go to the kids rooms or nursery because he said it is too adult, i thought Gods Word is for all ages!
well

Gorham, IL

#8 Aug 28, 2008
and if you have a child in church he will call you out and tell you to leave, its very embarrassing and hurtful. if he was preaching Gods Word, kids would be allowed to hear it but well he dont so0o0o0o
yea

Gorham, IL

#9 Aug 28, 2008
call you out right in front of the whole church! not as in talk to you in privacy but in front of everyone!
Curious

Lawrenceburg, KY

#10 Sep 1, 2008
Why do they call it "New Zion Church" when it's obviously not in the community of New Zion which is just past Wofford? I've always thought that was weird since it was named for the community it was in, in the first place? Can someone inform me?
Curious

Lawrenceburg, KY

#11 Sep 1, 2008
Willie wrote:
he stated Willie Nelson would have to take a bath and cut his hair before he would be allowed to come there. which is not a statement a so called preacher should say.
Wonder how many people said that to Jesus when he was preaching the gospel? He of course had long hair and a beard as that was the fashion of that day. And you know he was sweaty and dusty at times from walking in the desert. Does this preacher meet people at the door and reject or approve them as they enter? I thought churches were supposed to belong to God not man. Sounds like this preacher has gotten real comfortable there saying who may or may not enter "his church" He better be careful who he doesn't let enter as he could be "entertaining angels unaware"
Ex-member

Fairborn, OH

#12 Sep 1, 2008
Curious wrote:
Why do they call it "New Zion Church" when it's obviously not in the community of New Zion which is just past Wofford? I've always thought that was weird since it was named for the community it was in, in the first place? Can someone inform me?
I went to this church as a kid, it used to be in the wofford area but they relocated to be inside city limits and just kept the name. I have to say quitting that place was one of the best things I have ever done. I mean,there are a few nice people that go there and mean well, but the previous statements that others have made are very truthful.
Getting a mental pic

United States

#13 Sep 1, 2008
well wrote:
i went there and his name is darrell h. I only went there a few times myself. some of the sunday school teachers are nice, but you learn to tune out the garbage and try to hear Gods Word which you dont hear much of either, its his words and stories about him and his wife having sex and their horses and house and everything but preaching. ive also heard some of the above statements too. children are not allowed in the church, they go to the kids rooms or nursery because he said it is too adult, i thought Gods Word is for all ages!
Why in the world would any preacher bring up something so personal as his and his wife's sex life? I'm getting a bad mental picture here. That is gross.When the children go to the nursery or leave do they get Bible instruction? A lot of churches have "childrens church" during the regular service where the kids get instruction on their level. Is this the case at this church? I'm wondering how the Bible can be "too adult".This guy sounds like a character. Any one know how many active members they have there?
Anonymous

Madisonville, KY

#14 Sep 2, 2008
that is pretty bad!
i have small children myself and need to get them in church so they can learn about the bible and the words of GOD.. but now a days seems like you can find better people walking the streets than in the churches.
what has this world come to?
kby

Kennett, MO

#15 Sep 3, 2008
Curious wrote:
lonnie anderson need i say more i didnt know you could sell a chruch i thought church stays with community
Unconventional Mommy

Barbourville, KY

#16 Apr 26, 2009
I use to go to New Zion when it was actually IN New Zion. Brother Hurst saved and baptized me. He did the services for both my grandma and grandpa's funeral. My Grandma was a proud member before she died. I use to go to church very devoutly and I think the last time I was there was about 10 years ago, when I went just for the hell of it (that and I lived right next to it!). Since, I've changed my beliefs a lot and while I wanted to go in and say hello, I really am not in the mood to have judgment placed on me.
I have, however, been in the old church, as I know the people who own it.
lightersider

Madisonville, KY

#17 Apr 26, 2009
Unconventional Mommy wrote:
I use to go to New Zion when it was actually IN New Zion. Brother Hurst saved and baptized me. He did the services for both my grandma and grandpa's funeral. My Grandma was a proud member before she died. I use to go to church very devoutly and I think the last time I was there was about 10 years ago, when I went just for the hell of it (that and I lived right next to it!). Since, I've changed my beliefs a lot and while I wanted to go in and say hello, I really am not in the mood to have judgment placed on me.
he apparently didn't save you very well maybe he just did it for the hell of it.
really

Somerset, KY

#18 Apr 26, 2009
sounds to me like someone got there feelings hurt and had nothing better to do but get on topix. They do go door to door visiting every week, and about those kids...if there not welcome why do they field so many buses. Never been in the church and heard pastor hurst preach but he did have enough guts to come to the middle school and minster to the youth. That made a big impression on me. how many times have any of you done that???? thin skinned whine sackers that's all you bunch are.
the apostle

Madisonville, KY

#19 Apr 26, 2009
Unconventional Mommy wrote:
.......... Your FIRST TERRIBLE MISTAKE WAS BROTHER HURST (whom I do not know cant save himself nor you)THE BLOOD OF CHRIST WASHES YOUR SIN AWAY AND MAKES YOU A NEW CREATURE AND IF YOU ASSUME THIS MAN SAVED YOU PLEASE ITS URGENT FIND THE LORD AND BEG HIM TO FORGIVE YOU BECAUSE IF BROTHER HURST SAVED YOU,YOU HAVE NOT BEEN SAVED,GOD BLESS
notapreacher

Weeksbury, KY

#20 Apr 27, 2009
This guy is satan not a preacher gods children will be at his throne guess where this guy a be hope hes got a good fan this jerk a need it sounds like where he be going to

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr spaceship 131,592
Williamsburg schools drop to #115 15 hr voter one 104
to many school districts in whitley county Mon Friday night 24
Is The Golf Course open? (May '14) Sun golf course 6
two edroom mobil home for rent (Aug '13) Sun jones22 29
trailer for rent (Jul '09) Sun jones22 32
being nosey Nov 22 bbr 3
Williamsburg Dating
Find my Match

Williamsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Williamsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Williamsburg

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

ESPN12:58PM
Bengals' Smith (torn triceps) goes on IR
Bleacher Report 2:30 PM
Titans Release Veteran LB Phillips
NBC Sports 2:47 PM
Titans release Shaun Phillips, place Brian Schwenke on injured reserve
Bleacher Report 8:54 PM
What Experts Are Saying About Bucs vs. Bengals?
NBC Sports 7:03 AM
Report: Devon Still hasn't paid child support since July