Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81693 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#73019 Oct 20, 2012
Looks like the retention level is fairly low. Only 25% remaining. I guess the plesantry did not last all that long. hmmmmmmm
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73024 Oct 20, 2012
Hello Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala...where's NOPE? I hope you enjoyed the day. Chilly and cloudy my way. Probably won't get to see the light show unless it clears away some clouds. Beautiful leaf color today..enjoying it while it lasts. Lots of birds chirping though.

Weekend forecast calls for meteor showers

Halley's Comet won't be seen again on Earth until 2061, but the comet, which was last visible in 1986, has left a little something as a parting gift. The Orionid meteor showers are bits of Halley's Comet dust that burn up when they hit the atmosphere giving us a pretty spectacular show in the night sky. Astronomers estimate that we'll see up to "dozens of meteors per hour" during the height of the storm, which should come between 11 p.m. Eastern time Saturday to 3 a.m. Eastern time Sunday. The moon will just be coming out of its new phase, which will help us out with visibility, so get your binoculars ready, and hope for clear skies.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/orionid-meteor-shower-from...
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73025 Oct 20, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Looks like the retention level is fairly low. Only 25% remaining. I guess the plesantry did not last all that long. hmmmmmmm
I agree, I didn't think it would last long. Just a ploy to fool the Mods into thinking they could be decent. Oh well, their loss. Did you see where:

'Big Tex,' 60-year-old icon of Texas state fair, goes up in flames..off the same site as the

Mystery ground shaking rattles South Jersey

South New Jersey residents felt the ground shaking Saturday morning, but no earthquakes or military training exercises were reported in the region.

The U.S. Geological Survey suggested a possible sonic boom was the cause.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/20/14...

That was weird for New Jersey....
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73026 Oct 20, 2012
LT Texan wrote:
I for one am glad to see this thread get somewhat back on track. Its nice here.
Kind of vacant feeling, like a night alone in the desert. You lay on your back, look up at the stars, pitch a tent. Feel me?
We are too. Hope it stays that way and you continue to post. I feel ya! lol Tonight would be a nice night to lay on your back and look up at the meteor showers if it is clear in your area. Sad about BIG TEX burning up. Pictures were sad and I have never seen him or been to Texas. Have a good evening

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#73027 Oct 20, 2012
Hey everyone! Long time no see! When fishing yesterday and caught quite a few bass, crappie, etc. Catch and release is my motto though.

Today was just too drab outside, but I hope we are all able to see some meteors tonight! If the cloud cover dissipates, maybe. Just maybe..

Other than that, nothing new here. Enjoyed the catch up on the thread here, although on the light side as far as any action, it's nice not to have to weed through hundreds of comments to find one worth relating to.

Got some fried cabbage and a pot of butter beans with ham on the stove. Getting ready to put a pan of cornbread in the oven. Talk about comfort food, what with the cool weather and all.. Be back shortly!!
raven

United States

#73028 Oct 20, 2012
Pretty cloudy over here in Eastern Ky been keeping an eye on the sky...Probably be a late night tonight.Dust has come in and settled on our cars. Need a tent :)
raven

United States

#73029 Oct 20, 2012
Found a recipe for butternut waffles. Really like this site www.commonsencehomestead.com for anyone interested. Good site. Well, going to watch this week's episode of arrow & keep an eye on the sky.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73030 Oct 20, 2012
Hi Nope, I love to fish and wish I had some of that fresh fish to eat. I love crappie. We have done lots of fishing for fun and released. I love to fish. They would have been good with your meal you are cooking. I had some cooked cabbage, pork chops, pinto beans and cornbread a few days ago. Yummy. Wish I was coming to your house. Good meal there.

I agree about the thread. I am loving it. Looking forward to some good discussions and tips while suffering cabin fever in a month or so.

Pretty cloudy here. Hoping to see something if it clears. I love watching the meteors and shooting stars, along with the full moon.

Hope you are having a great night.:)
raven

United States

#73032 Oct 20, 2012
A nice grilled fish, cabbage & onions, homemade fries and a big dish of blackberry crumble with a dollop of fresh homemade whipped cream. O gosh. Some pork ribs ...o gosh, I can't can't quit salivating hehe. Off to watch the sky.Nite all;)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#73034 Oct 20, 2012
Hi Una
I guess we should discuss food. I had a Laura's lean beef hamburger on a while wheat bun, light mayo and veggies. I had a date tonight but I am catch and release only so in Aline now watching the news
Fact

Versailles, KY

#73035 Oct 20, 2012
Thanks! I love nights with stars, saw two shooting stars Friday morning six thirty a.m., my skies are gorgeous was bout ready to call it a night but not now. ;)
Abeliever wrote:
Hello Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala...where's NOPE? I hope you enjoyed the day. Chilly and cloudy my way. Probably won't get to see the light show unless it clears away some clouds. Beautiful leaf color today..enjoying it while it lasts. Lots of birds chirping though.
Weekend forecast calls for meteor showers
Halley's Comet won't be seen again on Earth until 2061, but the comet, which was last visible in 1986, has left a little something as a parting gift. The Orionid meteor showers are bits of Halley's Comet dust that burn up when they hit the atmosphere giving us a pretty spectacular show in the night sky. Astronomers estimate that we'll see up to "dozens of meteors per hour" during the height of the storm, which should come between 11 p.m. Eastern time Saturday to 3 a.m. Eastern time Sunday. The moon will just be coming out of its new phase, which will help us out with visibility, so get your binoculars ready, and hope for clear skies.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/orionid-meteor-shower-from...

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#73036 Oct 20, 2012
**Shew** what a LONG day!! Wishing I could go to bed right now. Didn't even have time for the birds!!
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73041 Oct 20, 2012
raven wrote:
A nice grilled fish, cabbage & onions, homemade fries and a big dish of blackberry crumble with a dollop of fresh homemade whipped cream. O gosh. Some pork ribs ...o gosh, I can't can't quit salivating hehe. Off to watch the sky.Nite all;)
Ummm, I didn't eat much today and all this food has made me hungryu and it's too late to eat any of that, except if I had some blackberry crumble and whip cream/ice cream I would have it. lol
Might do a bowl of cereal though. Great website. Thanks

The great thing about this thread is we can talk about anything since the BIRDS stopped dropping dead. I am glad they did, I would rather talk about the ones alive enriching our mornings. Along with all the things going on in the world. I try to live each day like it's my last if I can. Nice to know what everyone's doing in each part of our state or world for that matter. Apparently it enrages some that we can do that. Must not know any civil humans where they live I guess. lol

Have a great night.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#73043 Oct 20, 2012
@ Una: Ever hear the old adage,"You can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar". That applies to you as well.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#73044 Oct 20, 2012
Good-night all.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73045 Oct 20, 2012
Oglala wrote:
Good-night all.
Nice try lala, lightning strike from above couldn't zap the hate out of that one. Good luck. I think your wasting your time. Too much of an obsessed hater.

Goodnight lala, have a peaceful night. I am about to call it a night myself. Don't need the hate. Too good of a day!((HUGS))
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#73046 Oct 20, 2012
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try lala, lightning strike from above couldn't zap the hate out of that one. Good luck. I think your wasting your time. Too much of an obsessed hater.
Goodnight lala, have a peaceful night. I am about to call it a night myself. Don't need the hate. Too good of a day!((HUGS))
Lightning zapped.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73048 Oct 20, 2012
Fact wrote:
Thanks! I love nights with stars, saw two shooting stars Friday morning six thirty a.m., my skies are gorgeous was bout ready to call it a night but not now. ;)
<quoted text>
Your welcome. I have been watching our skies to see if they clear up. Lucky you. Hope you see some. I am out of here to make some hot cocoa with real Kraft minature marshmallows, hate the pkg with those little eraser size fake ones. hahaha I am spoiled, always have been.:)

I hope you have a peaceful night. Goodnight!
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#73049 Oct 20, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Lightning zapped.
Thankfully. Love it. Hope your night is clear when you do dog/tree time. You might see the light show. No lightning. lol

Goodnight Ancient Wolf.:)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#73051 Oct 20, 2012
Going to get ready for the meteor shower.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Big boy 168,829
News Police investigating triple homicide in Whitley... 17 hr NtheNO 157
Brandon Tue LaR 18
Teresa Woods Oct 15 Colonel pride 1
Butcher burns Sulfridge on FaceBook (Jun '12) Oct 14 The man 15
angie siler busted for manufacturing meth (Mar '10) Oct 14 I know you 29
Needs in Canadatown (Apr '15) Oct 12 Kelsey 18

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Williamsburg Mortgages