Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81700 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

qwerty

Pine Mountain, GA

#63517 Jul 18, 2012
It is generally believed that birds are descended from dinosaurs and probably evolved from them during the Jurassic Period. While most paleontologists believe that birds evolved from a small dinosaur called the theropod, which in turn evolved from the thecodont, a reptile from the Triassic Period, other paleontologists believe that birds and dinosaurs both evolved from the thecodont. There are some who even consider the bird to be an actual dinosaur. According to this view, the bird is an avian dinosaur, and the older dinosaur a nonavian dinosaur. Although there are variations of thought on the exact evolution of birds, the similarities between birds and dinosaurs are striking and undeniable. Small meat-eating dinosaurs and primitive birds share about twenty characteristics that neither group shares with any other kind of animal; these include tubular bones, the position of the pelvis, the shape of the shoulder blades, a wishbone-shaped collarbone, and the structure of the eggs. Dinosaurs had scales, and birds have modified scalestheir feathersand scaly feet. Some dinosaurs also may have had feathers; a recently discovered fossil of a small dinosaur indicates that it had a featherlike covering. In fact, some primitive fossil birds and small meat-eating dinosaurs are so similar that it is difficult to tell them apart based on their skeletons alone.
qwerty

Pine Mountain, GA

#63518 Jul 18, 2012
Tweety Bird (also known as Tweety Pie or simply Tweety) is a fictional Yellow Canary in the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series of animated cartoons. The name "Tweety" is a play on words, as it originally meant "sweetie", along with "tweet" being a typical English onomatopoeia for the sounds of birds. His characteristics are based on Red Skelton famous "Mean Widdle Kid". Tweety appeared in 48 cartoons in the Golden Age.

Despite the perceptions that people may hold, owing to the long lashes and high pitched voice of Tweety, Tweety is male.[citation needed] This was established several times in the series "Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries". It was also confirmed toward the end of "Snow Business" when Granny exclaimed to Tweety and Sylvester, "Here I am, boys!" On the other hand, a 1951 episode was entitled "Ain't She Tweet". Also, his species is ambiguous; although originally and often portrayed as a young canary, he is also frequently called a rare and valuable "tweety bird" as a plot device, and once called "the only living specimen". Nevertheless, the title song directly states that the bird is a canary. His shape more closely suggests that of a baby bird, which in fact is what he was during his early appearances (although the "baby bird" aspect has been used in a few later cartoons as a plot device). The yellow feathers were added but otherwise he retained the baby-bird shape.

In his early appearances in Bob Clampett cartoons, Tweety is a very aggressive character who tries anything to foil his foe, even kicking his enemy when he is down. Tweety was toned down when Friz Freleng started directing the series into a more cutesy bird, and even more when Granny was introduced, however sometimes Tweety still kept his malicious side. One of his most notable "malicious" moments is in the cartoon Birdy and the Beast; when a cat tries to chase Tweety by flying and falls after remembering that cats cannot fly, Tweety says sympathetically, "Awww, the poor kitty cat! He faw down and go (in a loud, tough, masculine voice) BOOM!!", after which he grins mischievously. A similar gag was used in A Tale Of Two Kitties when Tweety, wearing an air raid warden's helmet, suddenly yells out in that same voice: "Turn out those lights!"
Abeliever

Antioch, TN

#63519 Jul 18, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I politely disagree. And as long as a credible link is provided it's perfectly appropriate to post on Topix.
I'm not one who randomly clicks on "naked" links, so the copy/paste works very well for me... I don't want my computer infected by being ignorantly gullible enough to click and trust what the content might include.
If some of you don't want to see copy and paste, then skim over it I guess. That's the best advice I can give you. Topix doesn't frown on it as long as a link is provided to insure that the proper site gets credit for it's content.
Thank you for that. A lot of us have done that but they only have a problem with OJG and me doing it. If we are talking about something or I see something we have discussed or one of the regular or decent posters might enjoy I post it. I am like you, I never click on any link that is just posted with no idea what it is and outside the ones I call regulars I don't post on any of them. I post it with the link so they can read it, go to it and see the pictures or the video, I don't change one word in it and I post the source. No copyright infringment and the poster can judge if it is a credible link. I have been doing for over a year and will continue to do it until the thread isn't here or all my favorites leave it to the Scottsville invading trolls and their minions. I have always posted the earthquake reports because they are significant, we just had that Earthquake Drill in May 2011 from coast to coast, coupled with the Madrid Fault factor and none of my posts have been removed. I also provide the source to the map to see more than the earthquake report i.e. biological hazards, technical hazards, epidemics, weather, volcano activity, landslides, fires,... it has it all. Only those sticking with the thread since the birds fell and intelligent people would see the significance of it all. I guess we know who that leaves out. lol Fine by me, I don't care if they read it. It is over their pointy heads. Glad the MODS are removing most of their posts. Anyone reading this thread knows who they are. Expect to be trashed now for your comments. They only like liars and trash talkers.
qwerty

Pine Mountain, GA

#63520 Jul 18, 2012
At least four dairies in Oregon's Willamette Valley have bought into the "new thing" in dairy farming: buying birds for their cows.

"There's four or five dairies in the Willamette Valley that have them. It's really beginning to catch on around here," Kevin Krous with NW Dairy Service told KGW

The cow bird trend reportedly first began in Minnesota but is now starting to catch on the West Coast. For example, the Van Loon Dairy has purchased more than 300 such birds for their cows, at a cost of more than $100,000.

"As the cow gets ready to lie down, birds move to the front where her knees will come first therefore cushion it more. Less sores, less cows being stuck. Happier cows, happier milk," said Ben Van Loon.

DCC birds is one of the companies producing the birds, "with cows specifically in mind." You can watch more videos of the cow birdds in action on DCC's site. The company says its business model has been going international, including a recent visit from Mexican farmers interested in improving their dairy stock's output and health.

Van Loon and other farmers say the birds are sound investments, cutting down on the traditional and expensive grass seed normally used for cow birding. And Van Loon says they're safer for his cows, too.

"Moisture and heat are your two enemies. Bacteria doesn't really grow on any rubber," he said.
moses

Mayfield, KY

#63521 Jul 18, 2012
country hick wrote:
more birds fell today
???!?!
qwerty

Pine Mountain, GA

#63522 Jul 18, 2012
All birds make sounds to communicate. The types of noises that they make are different. All birds have cries which are the sounds to communicate which are the sounds to communicate. Some birds can also sing. These birds are called singbirds. Some singbirds are robins, larks, canaries, thrushes, nightingales and cows. Birds that are not singbirds are pigeons, seagulls, eagles, owls, frogs and dorks. Parrots are not songbirds, even though they can be taught to sing the blues.
Abeliever

Antioch, TN

#63523 Jul 18, 2012
hahaha, not one of my posts have been removed and I haven't posted an Earthquake report since the short version a few days ago. It has been relatively quiet across the globe outside minor low magnitude earthquakes and NONE in the Madrid Fault area. Awe, is everyone miss the earthquake reports. I plan on still posting them. If there is anything significant to post. You poor things are upset because the MODS are removing all your trashy comments. You all are a sick bunch and should return to your local forum and take your trash with you. OR stay here and continue to show the whole state of Kentucky what miserable excuses for human beings you people are. Makes me no nevermind, I will still post and laugh when the MODS remove you. Anyone can go back and look where all the removals are and see who is being removed. Suck it up trolls. You are exposed.

THANKS MODS, we regulars and decent posters appreciate it. Maybe all the ones just reading or left due to the filth and ignorance will return. It is summer, so a lot of people are doing vacations, taking care of kids, out enjoying LIFE, which obviously some on here resent.

Off to cook dinner, be back later.

"CLICK"
NewToGreensburg

Elizabethtown, KY

#63524 Jul 18, 2012
Abeliever...I wish they would remove your dumb posts for being so dumb and illiterate.
But alas, you are probably the one removing the posts you don't like.

Guess this one will be disappeared soon, eh?

Seriously...censorship is never right.
If you don't like a person's post, DON'T READ IT.
Pretty simple.
You don't have the right to tell the rest of us what we can read, or what is "decent".
Makes me sick that anyone's dumb posts on a PUBLIC forum are removed.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#63525 Jul 18, 2012
qwerty wrote:
Tweety Bird (also known as Tweety Pie or simply Tweety) is a fictional Yellow Canary in the Warner Bros. Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies series of animated cartoons. The name "Tweety" is a play on words, as it originally meant "sweetie", along with "tweet" being a typical English onomatopoeia for the sounds of birds. His characteristics are based on Red Skelton famous "Mean Widdle Kid". Tweety appeared in 48 cartoons in the Golden Age.
Despite the perceptions that people may hold, owing to the long lashes and high pitched voice of Tweety, Tweety is male.[citation needed] This was established several times in the series "Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries". It was also confirmed toward the end of "Snow Business" when Granny exclaimed to Tweety and Sylvester, "Here I am, boys!" On the other hand, a 1951 episode was entitled "Ain't She Tweet". Also, his species is ambiguous; although originally and often portrayed as a young canary, he is also frequently called a rare and valuable "tweety bird" as a plot device, and once called "the only living specimen". Nevertheless, the title song directly states that the bird is a canary. His shape more closely suggests that of a baby bird, which in fact is what he was during his early appearances (although the "baby bird" aspect has been used in a few later cartoons as a plot device). The yellow feathers were added but otherwise he retained the baby-bird shape.
In his early appearances in Bob Clampett cartoons, Tweety is a very aggressive character who tries anything to foil his foe, even kicking his enemy when he is down. Tweety was toned down when Friz Freleng started directing the series into a more cutesy bird, and even more when Granny was introduced, however sometimes Tweety still kept his malicious side. One of his most notable "malicious" moments is in the cartoon Birdy and the Beast; when a cat tries to chase Tweety by flying and falls after remembering that cats cannot fly, Tweety says sympathetically, "Awww, the poor kitty cat! He faw down and go (in a loud, tough, masculine voice) BOOM!!", after which he grins mischievously. A similar gag was used in A Tale Of Two Kitties when Tweety, wearing an air raid warden's helmet, suddenly yells out in that same voice: "Turn out those lights!"
Damn man your killing me! lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#63526 Jul 18, 2012
NewToGreensburg wrote:
Makes me sick that anyone's dumb posts on a PUBLIC forum are removed.
PRIVATELY OWNED forum. There lies the difference. Topix can do as they wish. We have no say in their rules.

You don't follow the TOS and the rules they put in place, I guess you take a chance of suffering the consequences.
(These consequences appear to be banning and/or deletions)...
sis
#63527 Jul 18, 2012
god is telln us smething the worlds comin to a end

Location hidden

#63528 Jul 18, 2012
By the way, who all has had their "smoothie d'jour" today? I tried a new concoction today. I put a tiny sprig on fresh mint into it, left out the strawberries and used a pear instead.... WOW, what a great taste!!
truth

United States

#63529 Jul 18, 2012
percy wrote:
Something's seriously wrong. The things being done & said are very scary. I didn't understand what's been going on for a long time now. Now I'm starting to understand more I think? u have to send someone!!
calm down.whats the big deal?we all gotta die someday percy.
percy lol is a heck of a name for such a beautiful young lady.

Location hidden

#63530 Jul 18, 2012
@ Nope If I won the lottery I would open a rescue ranch to take care of the unwanted critters.

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#63531 Jul 18, 2012
If I won the lottery, I'd tell every one of ya to get the hell outta my bar... LMAO

Location hidden

#63532 Jul 18, 2012
Everyone have a good evening outta [email protected] qwerty good stuff.lol

Location hidden

#63533 Jul 18, 2012
That would be one of my first missions too. I'd have the biggest rescue, rehab and adoption facility that the state has ever seen!! Wouldn't that be nice? I wish us both luck, Tim. Maybe that winning ticket will come our way? We can only hope...
:)

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#63535 Jul 18, 2012
Ten Beers wrote:
If I won the lottery, I'd tell every one of ya to get the hell outta my bar... LMAO
Hey, could I cristen all your bar stools with a big ripper?

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#63536 Jul 18, 2012
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Yes, they are. Most of what they are removing is that earthquake and copy and paste garbage. Good for them!!
Amen to that.
qwerty

Pine Mountain, GA

#63539 Jul 18, 2012
Bird strikes are not just a problem for airplanes anymore. During the launch of Space Shuttle flight STS-114 on July 26, 2005, a bird hit the external fuel tank shortly after liftoff. Fortunately, the strike did not affect the Shuttle. The bird probably did not fare as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr Soon 170,643
Potters Bulldogs 12 hr Chase T 1
Brittney Hinkle Sat beaconfleakin 3
unsolved murder/cold cases in whitley co (Feb '14) Sat FedUp 43
Cops on 26 between paylake and 3pt. Fri Suspicious dad 1
News Police investigating triple homicide in Whitley... Dec 15 11 204
how Many dogs can you legally have in this town? Dec 14 Gungy 8

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance