Observer

Richmond, KY

#1 Jul 2, 2012
A person that I know, who receives every type of government support, was showing off their new tattoo and their teenage kids new tattoo. Am I wrong to have a problem with this? It is a persons own right to have a tattoo if they are working and paying their own way without government help. But if you are receiving food stamps, WIC, and a medical card shouldn't you use the tattoo money to buy more important things? And please don't tell me that the kid wanted the tattoo and saved his own money for it. If you are receiving welfare to get by ALL money could be used for something more important. Let him use his money to help with school clothes and school supplies.
truth

Middlesboro, KY

#2 Jul 2, 2012
cant get a tattoo with foodcards..if you know someone who takes cards report them!! tats are ugly anyways
Observer

Richmond, KY

#3 Jul 2, 2012
Oh I figure the person paid cash for the tattoo. I just don't think that you should spend cash for tattoos and buy your food with stamps.
Just me

Middlesboro, KY

#4 Jul 4, 2012
I think there are more in life to worry about,than who get's tattoo's

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#5 Jul 4, 2012
Just a bunch of freeloaders.....ahhh....what ya gonna do?

“im me, i hate drama and liars.”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#6 Jul 4, 2012
I don't see anything wrong with gettin a tat, if all bills are paid, food is on the table. Kids have clean clothes and all needs are met.Spending a little money once in awhile on something for yourself is fine. Some folks need welfare or as its called afdc. Some people have no choice in the matter, some do and of course abuse the system. But don't look down and belittle everyone who draws food stamps and afdc or any other goverment check. It's not like they can become millionairs with the amount they get.
Cat

Corbin, KY

#7 Jul 5, 2012
I don't think the person was looking down on anyone. Just making an observation that people who have to depend on AFDC to put food on the table, and/or draw a monthly check, should not waste money on tattoos. Instead of paying for a tattoo why not either save the money for hard times or use it to buy groceries. My spouse and I both work and any extra money we have goes in the bank. I pay a butt load of taxes. If they don't want my opinion then quit taking my tax money to pay for their stuff. I can sure use what I pay in taxes to help my own family.
agree

Williamsburg, KY

#8 Jul 5, 2012
I totally agree. When you know that person is, and has been getting help for some time, I think it is a very selfish thing to do. I think if a person gets one or two tats that should be enough to make them "feel good", but to waste money by having their bodies covered and their children, that is just too much. There are much better things that can be done with that money.
dilligaf

London, KY

#9 Jul 5, 2012
Observer wrote:
A person that I know, who receives every type of government support, was showing off their new tattoo and their teenage kids new tattoo. Am I wrong to have a problem with this? It is a persons own right to have a tattoo if they are working and paying their own way without government help. But if you are receiving food stamps, WIC, and a medical card shouldn't you use the tattoo money to buy more important things? And please don't tell me that the kid wanted the tattoo and saved his own money for it. If you are receiving welfare to get by ALL money could be used for something more important. Let him use his money to help with school clothes and school supplies.
You should MYOFB and keep your nose out of other peoples.
Cat

Corbin, KY

#10 Jul 6, 2012
If you want me to mind my own business then don't take my tax dollars and waste them. Better yet...if you don't want people to have opinions about what you do with your money then get a JOB!
experienced

London, KY

#11 Jul 6, 2012
i was on afdc a few times when my kids were small and i barely could scrap by(20 yrs ago i got $228 a month)idk how they would have money extra for tatoos. i worked 2 jobs most of the time and went to college but there was a stretch of time where i couldn't work because of health issues and surgery. and yes i had a lazy bum for a ex husband that wouldn't pay child support but me and my kids made it they are grown now with families of their own and they work
Cat

Corbin, KY

#12 Jul 6, 2012
People like you, who work and try, are the people who deserve AFDC and extra help. I respect you. I am sure that you never used extra money or any money at all for a tattoo.
experienced

London, KY

#13 Jul 16, 2012
thank you. i was grateful it was there when i needed it but it was definitely no long term way of life.

...and btw i have no tattoos at all lol
lol

Parkers Lake, KY

#14 Jul 16, 2012
Cat wrote:
If you want me to mind my own business then don't take my tax dollars and waste them. Better yet...if you don't want people to have opinions about what you do with your money then get a JOB!
I have a job and tattoos.I dont worry what other people do,that is their business,I have no opinion of them nor am I judgmental.You never know a persons situation unless you wear their shoes.So chill out and dont stress out.Worry gets u know where it doesnt change anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr they 131,618
Adam Sulfridge and WCSO Facing Federal Lawsuit ... 8 hr lawyer 1
Williamsburg schools drop to #115 13 hr Read the fine print 107
to many school districts in whitley county Nov 24 Friday night 24
Is The Golf Course open? (May '14) Nov 23 golf course 6
two edroom mobil home for rent (Aug '13) Nov 23 jones22 29
trailer for rent (Jul '09) Nov 23 jones22 32
Williamsburg Dating
Find my Match

Williamsburg People Search