Emlyn Coal Processing
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
usetobe

AOL

#1 Apr 27, 2009
a company that would rather starve you to death by working you a few hours a week, so you can't draw unemployment. A company that is destroying the community around them with coal dust and destroying their roads and they dont even care. I hope you people the best of luck that is getting ready to fight them and if I can help let me no.
judge 4 your self

Sikeston, MO

#2 Jan 15, 2010
bill powers will shut barts company down before long. bart should not trust this man. many many people has told the same thing around the eastern kentucky area he first takes out the older workers bring in his workers doing a takeover that he is in full controll of all actions and works like a cancer eating away a little at a time how many people has been replaced in the past sence bill has been put in office think on it . i hate to see that happen barts trying to help this area but just wont stand up for his people like he is scared of bill im sorry but thats the way it looks .
Wondering

United States

#3 Jan 16, 2010
I know someone who works there and im just wondering whats going on he hasnt said anything does he need to look for another job or what? Whats going on?
let_ me _tell _you

Sikeston, MO

#4 Jan 16, 2010
yes i talked to some people that works at the tipple on the coal cleaner and both of them said they was a big change comming this week that they was so broke they was even having to get rid of there security or that what the watson boys said so tell you friend it may not be a bad thing to be looking for work .
abc123

AOL

#5 Jan 17, 2010
I hate to see them guys loose thier jobs, but I live around the temple and let me tell you all it is miserable. Everything I got is covered with coal dust and it even seeps thru my windows and is inside of my house.
As far as bart goes, if he goes broke, he deserves it. He needs to go back to Minnesota.
Quit crying

Paris, KY

#6 Jan 17, 2010
abc123 wrote:
I hate to see them guys loose thier jobs, but I live around the temple and let me tell you all it is miserable. Everything I got is covered with coal dust and it even seeps thru my windows and is inside of my house.
As far as bart goes, if he goes broke, he deserves it. He needs to go back to Minnesota.
Call the EPA. Or MOVE!! Why would you wish someone to go broke? Maybe he is wishing you good things? Maybe he is trying to make a living while providing others a place to also. I am sure he is not out begging for employees! How long has there been a coal tipple there? How long have you lived in the home that you are in NOW? Did you know there was a coal tipple there when you moved in?
abc123

AOL

#7 Jan 17, 2010
it had been shut down for 5 years. and wasnt suppose to reopen. and everytime it was in production, we didnt have to eat there coal dust. and who are you to get on here and run your mouth, unless you have to live with this you dont no what it is like. do you have someone working there? Is that the reason you are so defensive towards it.

I have lived here for 20 years, and I plan on staying. Its paid for and its mine.
abc123

AOL

#8 Jan 17, 2010
and I have called the epa and they are waiting for it to dry up and see how they are watering.
abc123

AOL

#9 Jan 17, 2010
Can you and your family go outside and sit on your porch in the summer? Can you open your windows on your house to let it air out? Can you have cookouts and enjoy stuff outside? I cant and why, because of the coal dust. I dont want to see anybody loose there jobs, I just want them to do there job right. I dont think that is to much to ask.
abc123

AOL

#11 Jan 17, 2010
I agree with you on that.
Click clack

Waco, KY

#12 Nov 16, 2011
I understand that Emlyn Coal filed fr Ch. 11 Bankruptcy on Friday the 4th!
hmmm

Sikeston, MO

#13 Nov 16, 2011
How do you know that?
Click clack

Nerinx, KY

#14 Nov 18, 2011
It has come out in the newspapers.
Kentucky-based coal company Emlyn Coal Processing LLC has sought Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
In a petition filed with the court Nov. 4, Emlyn estimated its liabilities at greater than $10 million and up to $50 million and its assets at greater than $1 million and up to $10 million. The company said it has 50 to 99 creditors.
Among Emlyn's 20 largest unsecured creditors are Minnesota-based Frattalone Mining, which is owed $384,629 in "trade" debt; Kentucky-based Ikerd Mining Co. LLC, owed $233,641 for unpaid coal purchases; the state of Kentucky, owed $143,370 in unpaid severance taxes; and the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration, owed $17,594 in unpaid fines.
Emlyn, which listed Bart Montanari as its president, is the controller of the No. 1 surface mine in Owsley County, Ky., and the No. 4 surface operation in Whitley County, Ky. The No. 1 mine produced roughly 12,000 tons of coal during the first nine months of 2011, and the No. 4 mine produced 14,700 tons during the same period. Emlyn also controls the Emlyn Tipple in Whitley County, which was activated by the company in 2008.
According to past SNL Energy coverage, Emlyn sold 45,000 tons of coal to East Kentucky Power Cooperative Inc. in 2010 for delivery to the Dale plant.
Emlyn was also in the news earlier in 2011 when a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Emlyn against Xinergy Corp. in a contract dispute.
hmmm

Sikeston, MO

#15 Nov 18, 2011
OIC! TY
Want to know

Madisonville, KY

#16 Nov 18, 2011
Click clack wrote:
It has come out in the newspapers.
Kentucky-based coal company Emlyn Coal Processing LLC has sought Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
In a petition filed with the court Nov. 4, Emlyn estimated its liabilities at greater than $10 million and up to $50 million and its assets at greater than $1 million and up to $10 million. The company said it has 50 to 99 creditors.
Among Emlyn's 20 largest unsecured creditors are Minnesota-based Frattalone Mining, which is owed $384,629 in "trade" debt; Kentucky-based Ikerd Mining Co. LLC, owed $233,641 for unpaid coal purchases; the state of Kentucky, owed $143,370 in unpaid severance taxes; and the U.S. Mine Safety and Health Administration, owed $17,594 in unpaid fines.
Emlyn, which listed Bart Montanari as its president, is the controller of the No. 1 surface mine in Owsley County, Ky., and the No. 4 surface operation in Whitley County, Ky. The No. 1 mine produced roughly 12,000 tons of coal during the first nine months of 2011, and the No. 4 mine produced 14,700 tons during the same period. Emlyn also controls the Emlyn Tipple in Whitley County, which was activated by the company in 2008.
According to past SNL Energy coverage, Emlyn sold 45,000 tons of coal to East Kentucky Power Cooperative Inc. in 2010 for delivery to the Dale plant.
Emlyn was also in the news earlier in 2011 when a federal judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by Emlyn against Xinergy Corp. in a contract dispute.
I would like to look this up, where did you read this? Or where did you find this information, please?
Click clack

Waco, KY

#17 Nov 19, 2011
Like to Know

Madisonville, KY

#18 Nov 29, 2011
Click clack wrote:
http://business-bankruptcies.c om/cases/13970
I have went to the site that you provided; however, there are not dollar amounts listed for each business. Can you tell me what paper or site that you went on to obtain this information. Thank you in advance.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#19 Nov 29, 2011
Like to Know wrote:
<quoted text>
I have went to the site that you provided; however, there are not dollar amounts listed for each business. Can you tell me what paper or site that you went on to obtain this information. Thank you in advance.
Exactly. I would also like to know. I've Googled everything I can think of, and NOWHERE is this kind of monetary info listed anywhere except a few other city forums and threads in Topix.

Unless of course it is hidden in a "members only" log-in site, the only references I am finding are those which were originally placed in multiple Topix city's forums ....

Kindly give an accurate link for where you found such detailed info, "clack". Thanks.
wwwww

AOL

#20 Dec 1, 2011
The site does show that they filed bankruptcy. I drive by there everyday and for the last week I have not seen nothing going on there. What I have seen driving by, I would hate to live around the temple. I have seen it dust so bad that you couldn't hardly see. But hate to see guys loose there jobs....
wondering

AOL

#21 Dec 12, 2011
they ran coal all weekend. How can you do that if you filed bankruptcy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Williamsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how Many dogs can you legally have in this town? 9 hr Gungy 8
lawyer adam howard 11 hr Gray 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 hr Paul 170,593
Pug Puppy Tue Swap shop 2
Big Tom Hurst Dec 12 KJV 31
quail Dec 12 Know 2
Ashley warren Dec 11 Ewwww 3

Williamsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance