Tax plan would hurt some businesses, help homeowners

There are 4 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 18, 2007, titled Tax plan would hurt some businesses, help homeowners. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Businesses in three of five metro-area counties would pay more property taxes under Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

yea some plan

Carmel, IN

#1 Dec 19, 2007
Yea, what a great plan. I'd save $200 per year. I'm sorry that I bought a small house that I could afford the payment on and could afford the tax bill. I'm sorry that I don't wrap up all of my income in a house. I'm really going to be sorry when this $200 savings is completely eaten up by the sales or income tax increase. I, for one, bought a home, budgeted prudently and now will pay much more.
Norm Harris

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jan 20, 2008
After reading the proposed savings in my property tax I recieved a new assessment, my property was assessed at plus 16% for the tax year 06/07, the end results was no savings using the 1% of assessed value, all Mitche's plan does in give us an increase in sales tax. I voted for and support Mitch but the end result is MORE TAXES< MORE SPENDING...

Since: Dec 06

Cincinnati, OH

#3 Jan 25, 2008
Bullcrap to teh both of you.

I don't like Mitch and will not vote for him in Nov.

BOTH of my properties, one is in Hendricks and the other is in Marion co will BOTH see reductions in the yearly taxes. One property will save me around $900 for the year and the other $400.

However the property w/ the $900 savings losses its exemptions this year BUT I have a buyer and should be closing soon.
Kellogg

Mentor, OH

#4 Feb 11, 2008
Even if the Governor's plan is passed largely intact, there is still the serious problem of unequal and unfair assessments of property. I think it is still a good idea to get an independent appraisal in order to arrive at the realistic value of one's home. It will still mean savings in the long run. It's just a sad fact of life in Indiana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Erica Hudson (Feb '14) Sat watch 21
News Tax plan helps homeowners, would hurt some busi... (Nov '07) Apr '15 jordennancy23 163
Chief Baker (Jan '14) Apr '15 watch 27
Who knows Maria ? Apr '15 Whoknows 1
Amy Niccum Apr '15 Just curious 1
adam nutter/drug dealer Mar '15 FED UP RESIDENT 2
Knightstown Nudes Mar '15 John18hall 1
More from around the web

Wilkinson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]