State Muslims converge in 'a coming of age'

There are 20 comments on the Jun 23, 2007, The Indianapolis Star story titled State Muslims converge in 'a coming of age'. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A Muslim film festival will feature titles like "Little Mosque on the Prairie." Time for prayer: Selma Mitiche, Indianapolis, listened to a sermon during Friday prayers in a room set aside at the Adam's Mark ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Dave

United States

#1 Jun 23, 2007
This is great for Indy. The city is becoming increasingly culturally diverse, and these type of festivals create a thriving community that every big city needs.
Stan

Indianapolis, IN

#2 Jun 23, 2007
Jesus is Lord.
Just a thought

United States

#4 Jun 23, 2007
Stan wrote:
Jesus is Lord.
In your world. But in most of the world he is not.
Ray

Jeffersonville, IN

#5 Jun 23, 2007
Just more religious nuts is all. Not worth the powder and lead to blow them up...oh wait, they do that dont they? lol

Watch out for anyone wearing a "vest"
Knowitall

Donnellson, IL

#6 Jun 23, 2007
Dave wrote:
This is great for Indy. The city is becoming increasingly culturally diverse, and these type of festivals create a thriving community that every big city needs.
Huh?
sealionindy

United States

#8 Jun 23, 2007
I truly hope that most muslims can assimilate in this part of the world.
They will have to anyway. Why fight or have an affliction..just accept and live.
disciple

United States

#9 Jun 23, 2007
Just a thought wrote:
<quoted text>
In your world. But in most of the world he is not.
EVERY knee shall bow, and EVERY tongue shall confess that Jesus is Lord.
Tokin42

Evansville, IN

#10 Jun 23, 2007
I'm not sure why our society has to be tolerant of a religion that wants to dominate us. As an atheist, i'm rooting for the x-tians in the coming religious war. X-tians just want to convert me, muslims want me dead.
disciple

United States

#11 Jun 23, 2007
...And what if some shall not believe. Shall it make the word of God to none effect?
Tom Sullivan

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Jun 23, 2007
The last thing this world needs is more religious activism of any kind, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Wickkan, or any group. Activism seems to promote the agenda of the specific religious group and divide rather than unify diverse populations.

Maybe we would all be better off if the "religious" activists called it a day, went home, and left the rest of us alone.
sealionindy

United States

#14 Jun 23, 2007
Everyone can have their "festivals" and convince young folks to do about anything and polititians will do anything to get a podium.
In the end..it is what you believe...
I do not agree with the muslim way in any way, shape or form. I can say that in this democratic society.
In most of others you cannot.
whatever

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Jun 23, 2007
Religion is the opiate of the masses. I don't give a crap about anybody's silly belief in invisible supernatural beings. Just keep it out of my face.
HHmmm

United States

#16 Jun 23, 2007
Are they having a film/class on killing all non-muslims? Will they be allowed to carry their AK-47's? How many american flags are they planning on burning?
Jeff

Fort Wayne, IN

#17 Jun 23, 2007
In the end we are nothing but worm dirt. In the meantime, please don't blow me up because you belive otherwise.
WhatEver

United States

#18 Jun 23, 2007
whatever wrote:
Religion is the opiate of the masses. I don't give a crap about anybody's silly belief in invisible supernatural beings. Just keep it out of my face.
Ok, Stalin. Please don't purge the masses.
taxpayer

Newark, OH

#19 Jun 23, 2007
Are other religions having celebrations at the govenors mansion?

I'm sick of there in your face way of doing things.

They don't want acceptence, they want dominance!

Notice all the media coverage for them!

This is America!
Chase Durer

Independence, KY

#20 Jun 23, 2007
Tom Sullivan wrote:
The last thing this world needs is more religious activism of any kind, Christian, Jewish, Muslim, Wickkan, or any group. Activism seems to promote the agenda of the specific religious group and divide rather than unify diverse populations.
Maybe we would all be better off if the "religious" activists called it a day, went home, and left the rest of us alone.
AMEN !!! Brother

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#21 Jun 23, 2007
Why do we need Muslim or Hispanic chamber of commerce? We have a United States chamber of commerce,state chamber of commerce etc.

To promote thier agendas is the only thing I can see from this.

Since: Apr 07

Columbus, OH

#22 Jun 23, 2007
How old is the Hispanic chamber of commerce? I think it started about two years ago. Now, a Muslim one?

Ridiculous.
yeah

San Francisco, CA

#23 Jun 23, 2007
WhatEver wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, Stalin. Please don't purge the masses.
I believe it was Karl Marx who said "religion is the opiate of the masses"...not Stalin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindsey Vanduyn 20 hr Curious 1
News Tax plan helps homeowners, would hurt some busi... (Nov '07) Apr 22 jordennancy23 163
Chief Baker (Jan '14) Apr 22 watch 27
Who knows Maria ? Apr 12 Whoknows 1
Amy Niccum Apr 7 Just curious 1
adam nutter/drug dealer Mar '15 FED UP RESIDENT 2
Knightstown Nudes Mar '15 John18hall 1
More from around the web

Wilkinson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]