The hair apparent

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

At age 7, Alexandra Ridgway swept freshly cut hair from the floor of her parents' salon in New Jersey.
Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Apr 10, 2007
Cletus

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

I've had the same Barber for 25 yrs and he just retired I hope with one of these I can have the same barber for another 25 yrs.
Northsider

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

Laswell's on Crawforfdsville Rd. is an old time barbershop with a young firefighter running it. NOT a yuppie shop!
glw

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

At Tom's Barbershop on South Meridian you can get a haircut for under $12.
Former Indy Hair Customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

It has been 20 years next month sinced I lived in Indy, but back then $20+ for a hair cut would buy you the works at some of the fanciest salons.
Hair Cuts starting at $19? Doesn't feel like a nostalgic shop to me.
And does anybody who actually goes to an old time barbershop or remembers them recall a 6 chair shop? To me anything more than three chairs says big time chain feel.
I do wish these guys well. They just haven't captured my heart.
Matt

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

Former Indy Hair Customer wrote:
It has been 20 years next month sinced I lived in Indy, but back then $20+ for a hair cut would buy you the works at some of the fanciest salons.
And does anybody who actually goes to an old time barbershop or remembers them recall a 6 chair shop? To me anything more than three chairs says big time chain feel.
So what you want is a shop that charges the same prices as 20 years ago? Do you make the same salary as you did 20 years ago? If you do then you need to do some soul searching on self improvement and self worth.

I wish these entrepreneurs well in this endeavor.
dooowhat

Reston, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

Northsider wrote:
Laswell's on Crawforfdsville Rd. is an old time barbershop with a young firefighter running it. NOT a yuppie shop!
enjoying still living in the fifties?? go get 'em!
Former Indy Hair Customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

Matt wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you want is a shop that charges the same prices as 20 years ago? Do you make the same salary as you did 20 years ago? If you do then you need to do some soul searching on self improvement and self worth.
I wish these entrepreneurs well in this endeavor.
Of Course evertything has gone up, but in my estimation the $45 cut, wash, and razor represents a 200% increase over what I was paying in a fancy salon. My point is that they are trying to represent themself as an old time barber shop. They simply are not based on this article. As I said earlier I wish them well.
Irvington Resident

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

Oh my gosh! Some of you people really need to stop being so negative! Is this shop that charges $20 per haircut WORSE than having an ugly, vacant, boarded-up storefront so near our city's center? Why don't we wish them well and consider it a positive step in the redevelopment of Downtown Indy? No one is forcing you to go there! To the store's owners: Congrats on the new shop! It looks great!!

Since: Apr 07

Plainfield

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

The Star can publish all the photos of Alexandra Ridgway they want without any complaint from me...
Teacher

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 10, 2007

Former Indy Hair Customer wrote:
How about those Playboy magazines these old shops used to have??? Barber shops ain't what they were in the past.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wilkinson Discussions

Search the Wilkinson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Jul 25 lmfao 89
KPD soon to be hiring Jul 21 Knightstown moving on up 6
Benjamin Justice Jul 4 Tennessee 2
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun 27 Go Blue Forever 1,302
William R Richey 3-16-75 (Sep '09) Jun '14 Payne44 2
Erica Hudson May '14 Knightstown 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Wilkinson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wilkinson People Search