'I feel like we got the best of the best'

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

When Lee Ann Costelow looks at her 2-year-old son, Drew, she doesn't think about the 18 years she spent struggling to have a baby.
Comments
21 - 29 of 29 Comments Last updated May 15, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Just a thought

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

"yoyo" "umm, because of stories like this one..."

So what are you saying? Gays should be allowed to adopt so things like this don't happen? Or gays shouldn't be allowed to parent at all?
Either way... families are complex--no matter how the family is structured. Even heterosexual couples have interesting and potentially destructive child custody battles and situations.
Amanda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

Just a thought wrote:
"yoyo" "umm, because of stories like this one..."
So what are you saying? Gays should be allowed to adopt so things like this don't happen? Or gays shouldn't be allowed to parent at all?
Either way... families are complex--no matter how the family is structured. Even heterosexual couples have interesting and potentially destructive child custody battles and situations.
Here is food for thought. In some states, homosexuals can become foster parents but can't adopt. They can't adopt because it isn't the 'traditional' family setting,'morally' wrong, etc. etc. It's all a bunch of crap. If a child needs a good home, does it really matter if they have a set of moms, a set of dads, or one of each. As long as they are loved, well taken care of, and happy what does it really matter.
yoyo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

Well taken care of? Divorced lesbo moms? Seperated butt-lovin daddies? Point is, the dad (heterosexually known as the DNA donor) was being raped by the courts, to the feminine benefit of supposed women, one of whom is living as a man. The donation was supposed to be at NO fault, and some low-life woman abused the already overabused system to enrich herself. Shame on her and anyone who supports her, except for the unfortunately deceased father.(for your experience, the DNA donor.)
And as far as I am concerned, Two mommies or daddies is wrong. Try taking an oath to be marrried (a term you will never apply to yourself) to the oppposite sex, like MY parents, who will celebrate their 50th anniversary on the 19th of August, this year. Insult them with your misunderstanding of the term, and you insult everyone with your ignorance/arrogance.
yoyo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

Gerald Ford said " I care not for the survival of the internet. just for the survival of its creator, Bob Dole. "
And then Abe Lincoln rolled over in his grave.
"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." Spock, upon dying in the Wrath of Kahn.
"Did I hear a niner in there?" David Spade.
" Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with the mozzarella sticks and shit on the walls?"
Farva, "you mean Shenanigans?"
"ohhh"
yoyo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

Damn, did I make fun of you? oops.
Helraizr13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

Just ANOTHER thought - why won't these fertility-obsessed bozos stop for two SECONDS to examine why they would need to go to such extremes to satisfy a "want." (As in, "I just felt it was something that I really 'wanted' to do.") It's pretty screwed up to go through horrible ELECTIVE procedures and complications because of a blinding focus that you have probably never even considered: WHY???? Not to mention how many children IN THIS COUNTRY (sorry, Oprah, go back to Africa if you are so concerned about their children that you can't see the hopelessness, poverty and abuse that pervade your homewtown of CHICAGO, IL, USA). DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH YOURSELVES, YOU SELFISH, HORRIBLE PEOPLE. Imagine if you had spent all that time/money/energy on a special needs or emotionally devastated child right here in Indy... While I understand the pain of having fosterlings you love ripped away from you, it should not stop anyone from trying to make a positive difference in a child's life, no matter how brief the window of opportunity.

Don't get me started on the burden put on the healthcare system by people seeking reproductive assistance. Two weeks in the hospital on bedrest and a drip for expectant mommas? Mothers now get kicked out of the hospital literally as soon as possible after giving birth. Could it be to make room for all of the high risk fertility patients? None of these doctors seems to have any scruples when it comes to high-risk pregnancies, as long as your insurance (or your checkbook) will PAY. Last I checked, 38 years old was a bit long in the tooth for a natural pregnancy, wasn't it? And weeks, if not months, for these babies in NICU, once again driving up costs for those unfortunate enough to not be able to even pay for BASIC healthcare/natal services.

Should I go on?
Helraizr13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2007

In anticipation of the righteous fury of moms all over Hamilton county, why don't you go start planning your kid's Sweet 16 party so that you can be sure to appear on MTV with your designer clothes, designer kid and messed up genes.

I don't really want most of you reproducing anyway. Let me make it very clear to you. God had an answer for you: He said NO! You simply decided you knew (and could afford) better. Next time, maybe you'll even get to decide the gender, hair, eye and skin color too!

Good luck, Sinners!(Don't forget...WHY?)
adopting

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2007

My husband and I tried for several years to get pregnant with no luck. Never once did any testing or fertility drugs even cross our minds. We knew we would adopt, our daughter will be born in August and will be handed straight to us. She is a gift from her very young parents who cannot care for her. I have considered international adoption and one day when our daughter is a little older may persue it. I can tell you one reason people opt for international, you don't have the worry of a birth parent changing thier mind. It is thier right but it also hurts the hopeful parents. I just don't understand exhausting so much time and money just so you can have a child of your own DNA. While I would love to have the feelings of a pregnancy, feeling the baby move inside and all that, my daughter is no less my daughter then if I gave birth to her.
Just a thought

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2007

yoyo wrote:
Well taken care of? Divorced lesbo moms? Seperated butt-lovin daddies? Point is, the dad (heterosexually known as the DNA donor) was being raped by the courts, to the feminine benefit of supposed women, one of whom is living as a man. The donation was supposed to be at NO fault, and some low-life woman abused the already overabused system to enrich herself. Shame on her and anyone who supports her, except for the unfortunately deceased father.(for your experience, the DNA donor.)
And as far as I am concerned, Two mommies or daddies is wrong. Try taking an oath to be marrried (a term you will never apply to yourself) to the oppposite sex, like MY parents, who will celebrate their 50th anniversary on the 19th of August, this year. Insult them with your misunderstanding of the term, and you insult everyone with your ignorance/arrogance.
How is being a "divorced lesbo mom "worse than being a child of a drunken, abusive parent who happens to be heterosexual?--for example. It isn't the sexual orientation of a parent that makes for a good parent. If straight people had to consider all the things gay people do in order to have, protect and care for their children, the world would be full of much better parents and well cared for children. Parenting in gay life-long commitments doesn't just happen because the condom broke, etc. so I can assure you that children who are born into families with two mothers or fathers are much more likely to be wanted, loved and well taken care of. The case you are referring to does not speak to the qualities, abilities or intent of all gay or lesbian couples who are raising children. I can very easily and quickly find a news item speaking to a heterosexual parent who killed their child, doesn't pay child support, abused, etc. but I don't even begin to assume that all hetrosexual parents do the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Wilkinson Discussions

Search the Wilkinson Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Indiana (D... (Oct '10) Wed Two Cents 86
KPD soon to be hiring Jul 21 Knightstown moving on up 6
Benjamin Justice Jul 4 Tennessee 2
IN Who do you support for Treasurer in Indiana in ... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Lord Hater 92
IN IN Property Tax Cap Amendment, Public Question 1 (Oct '10) Jun 27 Go Blue Forever 1,302
William R Richey 3-16-75 (Sep '09) Jun '14 Payne44 2
Erica Hudson May '14 Knightstown 4
•••
•••
•••
Wilkinson Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Wilkinson Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000