Wilkins Township neighbors upset abou...

Wilkins Township neighbors upset about planned Walmart

There are 7 comments on the WPXI story from Feb 22, 2013, titled Wilkins Township neighbors upset about planned Walmart. In it, WPXI reports that:

While Wilkins Township neighbors may love the everyday low prices at Walmart, some would rather drive elsewhere than welcome a new store into their neighborhood.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPXI.

United States

#1 Feb 23, 2013
Welcome Walmart, it wil tax dollars to the community. It'll be nicer than going to North Versailles Walmart.
don former penn hills guy

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Better in Wilkins than in PH. I am in Plum and I would have been greatly affected by a Penn Hills Walmart!
mookey stinks

Greensburg, PA

#3 Mar 22, 2013
24hr of low priced fun

North Versailles, PA

#4 Apr 1, 2013
Walmart is an evil corruption of capitalism. Walmart drives out smaller businesses and creates crime in any area where it opens its doors. Do a web search for "Walmart abuses". My Google search came up with 749,000 hits.

Greensburg, PA

#5 Apr 17, 2013
Change the name to Walmart Township.

Monroeville, PA

#6 Apr 29, 2013
pgh wrote:
Change the name to Walmart Township.
Ha Ha, that's funny!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#7 May 10, 2013
What is the status of the project. I remember seeing signs about a citizens meeting in December but never heard or read about the outcome ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buying a house in North Braddock. Hoping to hel... (Mar '15) Oct 31 killmyass 7
Dtf Sep '15 Kikboy 1
NB Police Caught Sleeping Twice?? (Dec '11) Aug '15 Kirkpatrick Avenue 76
Greg Seman North Braddock Police Aug '15 Former Councilman 1
News House explosion rocks North Braddock block Aug '15 Former Councilman 1
News Former assistant business manager sues West Mif... (May '15) Jun '15 Edgar Schneiders ... 8
FOP Lodge 91 (Aug '11) Jun '15 X employee 15
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilkinsburg Mortgages