user name

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Mar 21, 2012
How much $ does he manage annually? Salaries, resources, programs, admin, etc; and what is the service area and what are the performance indicators/benchmarks?

EVG

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#23 Mar 21, 2012
The total budget for the Police Dept is around 200K That's the ENTIRE budget and the lump's portion is almost 100k with his package.

There are NO programs, or admin. He's the admin. He oversees many part timers only and they mostly are new hires to the police field. It's pretty much a training ground and they get no training because he (Lump) has no training other than his act 120. The town doesn't budget any training other than mandatory training.

Performance?? what's that ?? LOL You've got to be kidding me. This is cop who is 5'6 and 300lbs and only knows how to police like they did in the early 90's. Most of the time the cops are sitting in the station eating, watching TV movies and they pawn off many calls to the neighboring depts. because they use the excuse "their tied up"...

It's a complete and total joke. There isn't any sort of pro active policing whatsoever. Cops are seen sleeping in cars a good amount of the time and this LUMP has no clue on how to handle things.

What really needs to happen is an investigation on the Policing and entire PD via the news media. Once things came to light the pressure would be on the council to make a move and either merge or outsource the PD to a professional PD but the corrupt council put him in there because he's a puppet and does what they tell him to do. So until everything comes to light it's "status quo".

Here's a Chief who's a terrible example with his Obesity and lack of education and wears earrings in each ear. True professional. LMAO NOT !!

If you had thought that this place had or has any sort of professionalism You are very mistaken. The PD treats the residents like a disease.
Guy White

Braddock, PA

#24 May 3, 2012
Grandview Avenue wrote:
<quoted text>
That he has, but so have so many others. Do you do the same for them? Where does it end? The borough is hurting, too much. Don't complain when taxes go up or they start cutting things. Or did you not think that far!
There is not one thing left in this shit hole to cut.
Primrose Rascal

Pittsburgh, PA

#25 Jun 11, 2012
EVG whens the media showing up??
Brucey028

Pittsburgh, PA

#26 Jan 27, 2013
Make a young guy the boss, new ideas and new courses of action, a guy that wants to work hard and is proactive, put Officer Quinn into the role, get the job done right
richies wife

Turtle Creek, PA

#27 Jan 28, 2013
Grandview Avenue wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two were the only ones looking out for the taxs payers. The others really do not care about the town only what they want to do. Not for personal gain! Why then did he write his own contract? The borough looks bad because of councils reckless spending and not doing very much. I am sure that Mayor/Roland do not hate Dean, they are looking out for the borough. What next, they opened a door they are going to have a hard time closing. Just like the deal they gave Fudd!
The difference is fudd was the boss of the town.not the mayor or the rolands

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#28 Jan 28, 2013
Yeah, Fudd may have had control but things weren't as fucked up as they are now..
With the Fat lump Chief in charge making 100k a year pkg with nothing changed only worse. Yeah, the council is really looking out for the taxpayers giving this FAT F**K 100k year, cops with no training or schooling and seldom leave the station.
Yeah things sure are good huh?? LOSERS All of em..
richies wife

Turtle Creek, PA

#29 Jan 29, 2013
Grandview Avenue wrote:
<quoted text>
Those two were the only ones looking out for the taxs payers. The others really do not care about the town only what they want to do. Not for personal gain! Why then did he write his own contract? The borough looks bad because of councils reckless spending and not doing very much. I am sure that Mayor/Roland do not hate Dean, they are looking out for the borough. What next, they opened a door they are going to have a hard time closing. Just like the deal they gave Fudd!
Fudd was worth it, dean isn,t
NB Democrat

Pittsburgh, PA

#30 Mar 14, 2013
does the current chief know how to be a boss and actually show authority?

the answer to that is obviously no when police units sit at the station the majority of their shift while crime occurs all over the borough.

residents and voters of this town need to wake up. dirty politics is holding this town back. the wrong people are in leadership roles. the town continues to fail. nothing changes for the better. same incompetent operations will continue to push the borough population far away from living here.
Just Saying

Monongahela, PA

#31 Mar 18, 2013
I heard a rumor??? Is it true the chief is found to be at a swingers club????
Taxpayer

Apollo, PA

#32 Mar 18, 2013
Grandview Avenue wrote:
Borough council gave Dean a new contract that the borough can not afford. Shows that all the safety issues in the borough that we are all concerned about, council does not care about. It is a shame that they have priorities so backwards!
The borough can afford to give the chief a raise ! We have no safety issues in the boro.Council cares ! Go to a meeting.
Taxpayer

Apollo, PA

#33 Mar 18, 2013
Papabear wrote:
You're crying? Swissvales fire chief makes over $60,000 And they raised taxes to build him a new fire station? Please! At least you got a police officer out of the deal.
They used grant money !
Clueless

Salem, VA

#34 Mar 19, 2013
The boro cannot afford to give this turd a raise or anybody else working at the boro. The boro is broke regardless whether the council cares or not. Bottom line no tax base no money. Council meetings are a grievous waste of time for not only the residents but for some of the members also.
Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text> The borough can afford to give the chief a raise ! We have no safety issues in the boro.Council cares ! Go to a meeting.

EVG

Location hidden

#35 Mar 20, 2013
The Boro needs to give the Lump Chief a raise right out the door. This guy is worthless and IS NOT a Manager or Chief material.

He's not even security guard material.

I heard a rumor that the Queen on Council Burdell is moving and when she leaves that fat ass Lump of a Chief could lose his job when his contract is up.

I believe they have to let him have his old job back part time but the good thing is part time means just that.. they can give him one shift a month... Which of course is more than he should have.

Let's hope when the Queen leaves (which isn't soon enough) The LUMP is following her out the door too.

And to the person who who said you heard the Chief to be found at a swingers club.... You surely are joking... Who'd want to even get near him.. He's all of 5'5 tall and 300 lbs.. yeah, they're waiting for his fat ass... LMAO
Clueless

Salem, VA

#36 Mar 21, 2013
I hope your right, unfortunately she has been leaving for the past 3 years or so. Must be hard to give up the keys to the kingdom.
EVG wrote:
The Boro needs to give the Lump Chief a raise right out the door. This guy is worthless and IS NOT a Manager or Chief material.
He's not even security guard material.
I heard a rumor that the Queen on Council Burdell is moving and when she leaves that fat ass Lump of a Chief could lose his job when his contract is up.
I believe they have to let him have his old job back part time but the good thing is part time means just that.. they can give him one shift a month... Which of course is more than he should have.
Let's hope when the Queen leaves (which isn't soon enough) The LUMP is following her out the door too.
And to the person who who said you heard the Chief to be found at a swingers club.... You surely are joking... Who'd want to even get near him.. He's all of 5'5 tall and 300 lbs.. yeah, they're waiting for his fat ass... LMAO

EVG

Location hidden

#37 Mar 21, 2013
It was published that Burdell purchased a home on Monroeville. So when she moves into that house she has to resign her position on council legally. Not sure what those other 8 complete and total morons will do if she refuses to resign.

But I'm thinking it only takes ONE to force her out if she refuses to resign. But then again you can have ANY resident file a complaint with the ethics commission and have her removed.

I don't think she'd fight to keep her seat when she legally moved.

This council still needs reduced to 3 max of 5 sitting on the board. I think with only 4800 residents that having 3 council members representing 1600 people each should suffice...

You'll have a much cleaner and swifter moving council ... Hard to believe they still have 9 council members for 4800 people... Talk about over kill and corruption...
Jonesy

Pittsburgh, PA

#38 Mar 21, 2013
i signed a petition acouple weeks ago, by our second ward councilman. he was travelling door to door asking residents if they wanted to sign a petition to reduce council members. Him and the mayor are the only people I have seen, with those petitons. let it be known, before the "queen" takes credit. some persons you call morons, are actually trying to get matters handled.

EVG

Location hidden

#39 Mar 21, 2013
Hey Jonesy, aka LUMP

Did they go door to door in N Versailles to get you to sign? Yeah they may be finally trying to reduce after all the comments on topix... How stupid do you think people are on here.. The Fat ass lump lives in N Versailles and you say you live in NB but comment from N VErsailles.. YOU MORON>>

Unfortunately, for you not soo good.... LOL You're days are numbered LUMP!!
a councileman that knows

Turtle Creek, PA

#40 Mar 25, 2013
richies wife wrote:
<quoted text>
Fudd was worth it, dean isn,t

Fudd took his pension and came back as safety dir at a cost of $26,000.00 what a bargain he saved the boro a lot of money.and he did his job.until good old girl nina made a move and got dean for 48,000.00 plus. she was really looking out for the interest of the boro.the best thing she has done lately (IS NOT TO RUN AGAIN)I hear fudd took care of dean,and then dean stabbed him in the back,of course with the help from Nina
a councileman that knows

Turtle Creek, PA

#41 Mar 25, 2013
Jonesy wrote:
i signed a petition acouple weeks ago, by our second ward councilman. he was travelling door to door asking residents if they wanted to sign a petition to reduce council members. Him and the mayor are the only people I have seen, with those petitons. let it be known, before the "queen" takes credit. some persons you call morons, are actually trying to get matters handled.
For their own personel interest have you ever known a Roland or the mayor not to think of themselfs first don"t for get he is related to Norm the knight in shineing armor

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade Institute celebrates move to new, larger ... 19 hr lakeesha 4
Susan Evashavik DiLucente (May '09) Apr 20 RayRay1819 21
Magistrate Ross Cioppa (Jun '07) Apr 15 Unloadthescum 74
Buying a house in North Braddock. Hoping to hel... Mar '15 patrol 4
heads up Mar '15 just the facts 2
News 3 shot in North Braddock; 1 dead Feb '15 cognizant 3
Ross Cioppa (Jan '08) Feb '15 hahaRossibaby 23
More from around the web

Wilkinsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE