Wal-Mart coming to long vacant East Hills shopping center site

V.W.H. Campbell Jr., Post-Gazette The former East Hills Shopping Center, which once was the home of discarded tires and trash, could soon be the site of a Wal-Mart Supercenter. Read more
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Rickroll me I dare you.”

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#42 Jan 23, 2009
What happened, yellowboy?
shadango

Pittsburgh, PA

#43 Feb 9, 2009
IS the North Versailles Walmart closing then?
The two sites are within 5 minutes of each other....certainly dont need two walmarts that close together.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#44 Feb 9, 2009
Like I posted before, look what happened to the
K-Mart in Duquesne near Kennywood. At one time
the apartments on the hill above K-Mart were fairly nice places & it wasn't cheap to live there. Then the Welfare & HUD people moved in &
they robbed that store blind. I'd seen confrontations between store employees & shoplifters there. After a few years K-Mart decided it wasn't worth the loss or the possibility of a lawsuit so they closed. And it was a money-making store, probably better than the
one still on Rt. 30.

Location hidden

#45 Feb 9, 2009
"Welfare and HUD people"? LOL

Come on, you can say it.
COPANUT

Gibsonia, PA

#46 Feb 9, 2009
Freddy Pickle wrote:
"Welfare and HUD people"? LOL
Come on, you can say it.
white and black

but both poor

Location hidden

#47 Feb 9, 2009
No, not white. Never that. But thanks for your input.
oLD pENN hILLS

Pittsburgh, PA

#48 Apr 11, 2009
Awayatwork wrote:
Yeah, Paul
I think we can all agree on who the real racist is. Oh wait, you cannot be called a racist.. lets try activist. How can you be blind to the fact there is a problem here? We got to blame this on someone, so of course, lets blame the white man. Itís a lot more difficult to get up everyday and go to work and bust your ass for living than it is "hustle" in the village. That is why the higher rate of unemployment. I'm sorry; they arenít just handing out good jobs with out any credentials. I really donít get what youíre trying to prove by your post. In some ways, it proves the point.
My generalizations havenít put anyone anywhere. I think all of us that replied are "educated" enough to make generalizations about the east hills because we see it everyday.
Your in Texas and have a comment? Typical.

East Hills shopping center died the day the gangs
opened fire on the police and killed something like 9 of them.

They then closed all the interior store and barbed wired the perimeter off. The gangs use the barbed wire to climb to the roof to break into the few stores that are left.

I was remodeling one of the stores. I was carrying tools into the store and was stopped by a gang of kids and was told never wear my red shirt again.

It is a black area. So I guess the whites are the problem.

Location hidden

#49 Apr 11, 2009
oLD pENN hILLS wrote:
<quoted text>
Your in Texas and have a comment? Typical.
East Hills shopping center died the day the gangs
opened fire on the police and killed something like 9 of them.
They then closed all the interior store and barbed wired the perimeter off. The gangs use the barbed wire to climb to the roof to break into the few stores that are left.
I was remodeling one of the stores. I was carrying tools into the store and was stopped by a gang of kids and was told never wear my red shirt again.
It is a black area. So I guess the whites are the problem.
Racists like you certainly are not the solution, thats for damned sure.
ralph

Madison, TN

#50 Apr 11, 2009
wal-mart sucks!

“The Dirty "O”

Since: Mar 09

Ellwood City, PA

#51 Apr 11, 2009
It will be like the home depot in east liberty, were you almost get a body cavity search when leaving.

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#52 Apr 14, 2009
ralph wrote:
wal-mart sucks!
My suggestion is - don't shop there. Geez'- nothing says you have to go there. Same as radio and TV stations, turn them off. When enough people quit using the services, they will go away. It's the American way.
ralph

Madison, TN

#53 Apr 14, 2009
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
My suggestion is - don't shop there. Geez'- nothing says you have to go there. Same as radio and TV stations, turn them off. When enough people quit using the services, they will go away. It's the American way.
I dont shop there.Geez'!

Since: Mar 09

Pittsburgh, PA

#54 Apr 15, 2009
There is talk about building a second Wal-Mart in Penn Hills....At the Penn Hills - Plum border on Saltsburg Rd. Would be great tax revenue for the twp. Heaven knows they need it with the talk of building a new high school.
va beach transplant

Virginia Beach, VA

#56 Dec 28, 2012
moved out of east hills in 1977 as a kid! had to move cause we were white in all black area . we kept getting robbed and i was jumped a bunch of times walking to blessed sacrament. the place is just sad.
Rob em Blind

Mckeesport, PA

#57 Dec 28, 2012
Give it about a year & it just might become Wal-Marts # 1 theft loss store . North Versailles now has that distinction.
Big Daddy Dave

West Mifflin, PA

#58 Dec 28, 2012
last time iwas in wal__mart i saw this cute chic as my cashier ( huge boobs and a cute camel toe undur her skin tight jeans ) i wanted to lay her out right or the conveyor belt and give her the best lay she'd ever exxperienced yes i am that good.
as gods gift to women i try to stay away from the good lookin wimmen they throw themselves at my feet
it gets embarrassing
yeaaaaaa babyyyyyyyy
Rob em Blind

Mckeesport, PA

#59 Dec 28, 2012
Geez another 14 year old with fantasies. Seems like it's true, excessive masturbation does lead to lunacy.
Fresh Products

Mckeesport, PA

#60 Dec 28, 2012
Rob em Blind wrote:
Give it about a year & it just might become Wal-Marts # 1 theft loss store . North Versailles now has that distinction.
That is why my wife and I love to shop at NV Walmart. We know that all the merchandise is fresh because of the super fast turn over due to shinkage.
Urban nutjob

Virginia Beach, VA

#61 Jan 18, 2013
Da gangsta's are cumin! Da gangsta's are cumin!
Everything is fault of the white devil! He put da crack in da guetto! He owes me my reparations!
I just wanna pregnate his little hoes!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buying a house in North Braddock. Hoping to hel... Mar 12 patrol 4
drug activity in north braddock Mar 11 katemullen 4
heads up Mar 11 just the facts 2
News 3 shot in North Braddock; 1 dead Feb '15 cognizant 3
Ross Cioppa (Jan '08) Feb '15 hahaRossibaby 23
News Greenfield Bridge reconstruction to cause month... Feb '15 KAREN BURGER 1
Snow Removal 1/30/15 Jan '15 kerry 2
Wilkinsburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web