Next Last
Concerned Citizen

Irwin, PA

#1 May 26, 2009
According to Susan Evashavik DiLucente her Priorities are listed as follows:

Expedite Hearing of cases and minimize litigation
Maintain a proper judicial temperment
Be impartial and fair.

First off I find her campaign a complete lie based on my family's experience with Susan Evashavik DiLucente. A family member had to appear in her courtroom regarding a domestic violence case. My family member was the victim in this case. Because the family member had unpaid fines due to dog lesh laws, they were arrested. Ms Evashavik put the baby into the hands of the other parent who had a protection of abuse order against them. The family member had to pay over 90% of the fines or they would be sent to jail. This person had no criminal background. The abuser had a criminal background history. My family paid the fines to prevent the child's parent from going to jail. This situation was over one year ago. The abuser is still running the streets and this case is still pending. Since this situation the abuser has been arrested again for domestic abuse, theft, Dui, and stolen guns, but is on the streets. She was going to send my family member to jail for unpaid dog lesh fines.

This deeply saddens me because just in this situation alone goes against all of her priorities. Not only her priorities, but family issues. I understand that the family member should have made an attempt to make payments on their fines but under the situation she acted impartial and unfair. How can she justify putting a baby in the arms of the child's abuser, who had a protection of abuse order against them. Thank heaven for the police officer who gave her this information after her actions. Obviously she did not review the case before she made her decisions.
Her claims to expedite hearing of cases and minimize litigation are also false. It has been over one year since this abuse happened. The case against the abuser has been postponed over one year. Because of the postponments, the abuser has another domestic abuse charge, which could have been prevented. The abuser had in his possession stolen guns and has a history of drug abuse. I fear for my family's safety.

Being impartial and fair is also questionable. It is obvious that her decision in this case to arrest the victim and let the abuser free is quite unfair. A fair decision would have been a payment plan, requesting giving the pet up for adoption, but arresting the person is unreasonable. I personally feel that Susan Evashavik had a personal hatred for the victim and this is what her decision was based upon.

Summary
So instead of hearing the abuse case and dealing with the real problem. Her decision has harmed another, could have brought harm to a harmless child, and god only knows what other trouble the abuser may cause. I do not feel that she is a qualified person to be a judge. We as a society need to make sure that this does not happen in our community. My family is a victim and fears for their safety because of her decisions, please do not let her make others a victim too.

Concerned Citizen
KUDOS to Judge Susan

Philadelphia, PA

#2 May 13, 2010
I also have appeared in front of her & she was nothing but fair. She cared more about those kids than their own parents did. I think she will be a huge success to Family Court.
Vote

Berrien Springs, MI

#3 Sep 13, 2010
Political hack!
concerned

United States

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Single moms vote right...... ok are u aware if you watch your own child when you r sick u are a bad mother making bad judgement
Anonymous

Monroeville, PA

#5 Oct 29, 2010
I crack up about the the one where she puts the person in jail for disobeying "dog leash" laws! Are you kidding me?? Before she became a District Judge (and she still might, for all I know), we lived in the same Condo complex, and she allowed her dog to run free ALL THE TIME! I took videos of him running around, but she didn't care--it was well-known within the complex that she violated the law time and time again--she paid the fines over and over, because she could, and continued to thumb her nose at everyone, because she thought she was above the law! Apparently, she is!
And to read that she actually put someone in jail for violating a law that she, herself has violated over, and over, and over again--shame, shame on you!
She has called neighbors "bitches" when we asked her to obey the law!
I think she is a joke!
Memeber of the Court

Imperial, PA

#6 Dec 6, 2010
Judge Evashavik is an example of our current political party system. Not only does she lack impartially and judicial gravitas, her alignment with the Allegheny County criminal element that helped her get elected is glaringly apparent. Anyone who does appear before her best find a local corrupt political and ply them with drugs or money to secure a favorable decision.
Wolf Ave

Vandergrift, PA

#7 Dec 7, 2010
Memeber of the Court wrote:
Judge Evashavik is an example of our current political party system. Not only does she lack impartially and judicial gravitas, her alignment with the Allegheny County criminal element that helped her get elected is glaringly apparent. Anyone who does appear before her best find a local corrupt political and ply them with drugs or money to secure a favorable decision.
Who every made this comment is a total idiot and a far left nut.get help
electric ave

North Versailles, PA

#8 Dec 7, 2010
She is much better than that piece of fece sitting on the bench in turtle creek.
Stunned

Braddock, PA

#9 Mar 13, 2012
This judge issued an unsupervised visitation order without researching the past history of an abusive man. The visitation was ordered just weeks before the forensic interview which provided him time to scare the child into silence. It has been very painful to watch this child suffer this past year because of her decision, but we think of her every time the child wets the bed or pees her pants after her visits. Good Job.
silvester puddy tat

West Mifflin, PA

#10 Mar 14, 2012
The real question here is, will she be wearing panties under her robe. I love the smell of rotting fish in the morning.
A litigant

Horsham, PA

#11 Apr 20, 2012
She has told me repeatedly that she will favor regulars attornies in her court over others, and in one particular instance she said that even though a piece of evidence was forged, since she believed the attorney did not know it was forged at the time he wrote the original motion, she would rule on what the attorney believed, and not what the facts were.

I guess she has a lot of campaign contributions to pay back.
Bus rider

Phoenix, AZ

#12 May 2, 2012
She's a politician. What more needs to be said
Shocked beyond Belief

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Aug 18, 2012
She needs to be off the bench as she is already off her freakin rocker! My ex-wife abandoned our 12 year old son on my doorstep 9 months ago with nothing but a handfull of cloths in a bag. 3 months later she takes me to court trying to regain custody. We go through the "Generations process" as ordered. When my ex refused to negotiate with anything The moderator at the conciliation tells us that her recommendation to the judge was going to be that my son stay with me and his mother have weekend visitation. This judge completely disregarded her recommendation and the on paper facts that his grades and attendance in school where so much better while with me and awarded custody back to his Mother who works most night during the week so she isn't even home. She did this without speaking to me at all solely based on talking "alone without the presence of any lawyers" to my son whose motivation for wanting to go back to his mother is there's no one there 85% of the time to make him get off the xbox to do his homework!!! Something has to be done about judges like this!
No faith left

Fenton, MI

#14 Aug 25, 2012
This Judge has no understanding of what domestic violence is. It is very scary to think this woman makes decisions for women and their children. Her lack of basic knowledge regarding family violence is frightening. I feel bad for any victim who has to appear before her. You would be better off to run away with your kids.
disgusted

Grand Blanc, MI

#15 Aug 27, 2012
She is unprofessional and must be on the take with corrupt law enforcement
anonymous

Pittsburgh, PA

#16 May 14, 2013
She is too fast to move case and makes very hasty and improper decisions without even listening to arguments. She does not belong in family law. She talks about her menopausal symptoms when a mother is approaching the court to get her kids counselling when the dad is opposing
Single Pa Mom

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Jun 1, 2013
Memeber of the Court wrote:
I went before this judge and she didn't listen to a word I had to say. After being the sole caretaker of my daughter for 8 years, she gave custody to her father, for her reason of "his having financial security" and my "working too much". Yes, single mothers have to work, and if I didn't have to constantly take him to court for my child support, I would have had that security. I really think she took a payoff... Talked to 3 lawyers and they all say the same thing... Her decision makes no sense.
The Fix Is In

Pittsburgh, PA

#18 Jun 1, 2013
Can I prove she's on the take? No, but I strongly suspect it, and you don't run the at-the-time most expensive campaign in Pennsylvania history to get elected as a common pleas judge without racking up some debt.

What I do know for a fact is that she engaged and engages in ex parte communication-that is, communication with one party, where the other party is not represented. This is forbidden by all sorts of professional ethics codes, one of the reasons being it can lead to bribery and secret deals. How do I know this? She was dumb enough to write about it in an opinion she wrote!
Frustrated Single Mom

Bethel Park, PA

#19 Sep 19, 2013
Went before this judge a few days ago. The woman is a WITCH!!! My ex, who hasn't seen my daughter in over 7 months, all the sudden decides he wants custody. Mind you the man is highly abusive, threatened to kill my daughter (there is proof as it was sent in emails and was investigated by police who verified it came from the ass), threatens suicide often, flipped a table over in mediation, and told a different judge that he doesn't care about his kid. The witch gives him 2 hours supervised each week without me there. My daughter is petrified of her asshole father as he beat the crap out of her!!! Judge could have cared less what myself of my attorney said or the fact that we have a ton of proof that the man is psychotic!! She had no problem letting the ass's attorney talk and lie in front of her. Clearly she doesn't put the children first as I feel she just opened a door for my ex to threaten, hurt and harass my daughter. Very unfair of her to put children thru this!!
ENGE

Roanoke, VA

#20 Oct 9, 2013
I have been fighting for over 20 months to regain custody of my children back! This woman is unprofessional, unethical, and does not work in the best interest of the children. I was the sole provider for my children for over 5 years with little or no contact from the father-by his choice- Long story short my ex now wants custody. I get a call via my CELL PHONE from the judge who tells me I have less that 48 hours to give my children to my ex and gives him temporary primary custody!!! Her reason- because I moved without my ex signing the consent although I went before her and she knows he agreed for me to move, but since he changed his mind AFTER he knew I moved three weeks later, now IM' unfit!! My kids have gone through so much pain and distress. This judge SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO MAKE DECISONS THAT AFFET CHILDREN'S LIVES!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
North Braddock, Ghetto slum or not?? You decide. (Sep '09) Jul 23 McKeesport Native 98
Fireman vs. Cops Jul '17 acab 4
NBPD Sitting In Station (Mar '12) Jun '17 15104dlo 4
cat got a flea problem? Jun '17 marie 1
News Woodland Hills officials, police meet on report... (Nov '07) May '17 Jamal 13
News How a mayor's wife brought a factory town back ... Apr '17 Fife 2
News SOS for BRT Apr '17 the truth 1

Wilkinsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilkinsburg Mortgages