Two Shot Near Kelly Elementary School...

Two Shot Near Kelly Elementary School in Wilkinsburg Tuesday Night

There are 3 comments on the Patch.com story from Mar 14, 2012, titled Two Shot Near Kelly Elementary School in Wilkinsburg Tuesday Night. In it, Patch.com reports that:

WTAE is reporting that two people were shot in the 400 block of Kelly Avenue in Wilkinsburg, just steps away from a local elementary school.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

Neighbor

Turtle Creek, PA

#1 Mar 14, 2012
The first bullets to fly were right outside my apartment on S. Trenton. This is typically a quiet and fairly peaceful neighborhood. It is distressing to see this happen where there are so many homes together... the bullets could have entered any of our windows, cars, etc. Fortunately there weren't any innocent bystanders hit. There are approximately 5 bus stops in the 2 block proximity of the shooting. Buses would have been going through and people at the stops had this happened 15 minutes later. I implore anybody that knows who did this to please tell the police. And I implore my neighbors to call the police whenever they see suspicious behavior so that this doesn't keep happening in our 'neck of the woods'.
Old Resident

West Mifflin, PA

#2 Mar 14, 2012
I truely feel sorry for you. I grew up in that area and have some very fond memories of living there. Its a sad situation when you can't live in peace. As a child we would ride our bikes play it-tag and sleep on our porches or in tents in our yards. I grew up about 2 blocks from you. The home owner took great pride in there homes. Every saturday everyone would be out cutting there grass and making there property look the best that it could. Around 1970 that all changed when people started renting there properties. Thats when they started the section 8 programs and everything went down hill from there. The sad thing is you will never recover the money you have invested in your home. The longer you wait the less you will get. Good luck and I will pray for your safety.
New Resident

Wexford, PA

#3 Mar 15, 2012
2 days after the shooting we found out that a home on East End Ave (close to Forbes) was actually hit by stray bullet that night. It went through the first floor window. My daughter and the homeowner's daughter play in that room. No one was hurt but it left us terrified. What can be done to stop this?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fireman vs. Cops Jul 17 acab 4
North Braddock, Ghetto slum or not?? You decide. (Sep '09) Jul 16 Guy White 95
Susan Evashavik DiLucente (May '09) Jul 9 Mack 26
NBPD Sitting In Station (Mar '12) Jun 25 15104dlo 4
cat got a flea problem? Jun 23 marie 1
News Woodland Hills officials, police meet on report... (Nov '07) May '17 Jamal 13
News How a mayor's wife brought a factory town back ... Apr '17 Fife 2

Wilkinsburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wilkinsburg Mortgages