Slain woman's friends want specific law in Pittsburgh police handling of 911 calls

There are 6 comments on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette story from Jan 13, 2013, titled Slain woman's friends want specific law in Pittsburgh police handling of 911 calls. In it, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that:

Ka'Sandra Wade's friends Sheena Davis, left, of Wilkinsburg and Stacha Morris, right, of Homewood hug Ms.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

“Obama is a Liar, Period!”

Since: Jan 07

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Jan 14, 2013
If I remember right, Onorato said that the 911 problems were fixed with retraining and a new emphasis on service. Seems like they still need more work. I agree that when a 911 call is received the respondents should, at the very least, meet with the caller. Unless there's snow on the ground, it's raining, the temperature is below 70 degrees, it's not election day or a holiday or a weekend. 911 respondents shouldn't have to go up steps, down steps, or get dirty in any way. If these rules are followed all 911 calls should be handled on a non discriminatory basis and no racial considerations are permitted. Long live the Public Sector unions.
Da Old Fool rolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jan 14, 2013
The 911 Call Center is not the City of Pittsburgh Police Bureau, old man. They do not control the response of the city police, old fool. Ergo, Dan Onorato and the County of Allegheny are not responsible for the response of the city police to a call in there jurisdiction, azzwipe.

Try to get it right, old man, just once, eh, old fool?

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Jan 15, 2013
Da Old Fool rolls on wrote:
The 911 Call Center is not the City of Pittsburgh Police Bureau, old man. They do not control the response of the city police, old fool. Ergo, Dan Onorato and the County of Allegheny are not responsible for the response of the city police to a call in there jurisdiction, azzwipe.
Try to get it right, old man, just once, eh, old fool?
Has my old age memory gotten contagious. You seem to forget that Onorato was the executive of the county of Allegheny, which is somewhat different than the City of Pittsburgh. Geez' dude ,try to get it straight.

However, they strive to have consistent response across the system so the taxpayers sort of know what to expect when a call is necessary. These people are right to protest to their local officials.

May I also point out the fact that Onarato no longer works for the County, he has moved his magic to Highmark, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, where he regularly advises them on how not to pay taxes.
Da Old Fool rolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jan 15, 2013
Old Cynic wrote:
<quoted text>
Has my old age memory gotten contagious. You seem to forget that Onorato was the executive of the county of Allegheny, which is somewhat different than the City of Pittsburgh. Geez' dude ,try to get it straight.
WTF, ya' old fool! As I clearly said, the questionable police response was from the CITY; the 911 dispatch was from the COUNTY, of which I clearly associated Mr. Onorato. The COUNTY cannot control the effectiveness of the CITY's response; that would be your Boy-mayor, old fool! Read the post, ya' putz!

You're confusing two different and independent governmental entities, old fool, although the county does offer dispatch services, it does not control the cops' response!

Or is this more of the conservative right wing-nut "big lie" startegy? Nobody's buying it, old fool!

Pittsburgh, PA

#6 Jan 16, 2013
Da Old Fool rolls on wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF, ya' old fool! As I clearly said, the questionable police response was from the CITY; the 911 dispatch was from the COUNTY, of which I clearly associated Mr. Onorato. The COUNTY cannot control the effectiveness of the CITY's response; that would be your Boy-mayor, old fool! Read the post, ya' putz!
You're confusing two different and independent governmental entities, old fool, although the county does offer dispatch services, it does not control the cops' response!
Or is this more of the conservative right wing-nut "big lie" startegy? Nobody's buying it, old fool!
I confuse nothing. They are all Democrats, brothers of the public trough. A glimpse of the effectiveness of merging the city and county when these Philadelphia/Chicago wanna' be's finally get their way. Why do we need to start over at each and every issue. Your progressive government slant is so ingrained, your perspective so skewed, that you must be an "Obot". Programmed to allow the party of the jackass to do or see no wrong from anything on the left.
Da Old Fool rolls on

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Jan 16, 2013
By that logic, old fool, we must immediately address the odious and loathsome one party rule in Harrisburg, with both houses of the legislature and the governor's mansion in the hands of Republicans. There can only be evil in that, for so proclaims the right wing-nut voice-the-wilderness, Da Old Fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkinsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trade Institute celebrates move to new, larger ... Apr 27 lakeesha 4
Susan Evashavik DiLucente (May '09) Apr 20 RayRay1819 21
Magistrate Ross Cioppa (Jun '07) Apr 15 Unloadthescum 74
Buying a house in North Braddock. Hoping to hel... Mar '15 patrol 4
heads up Mar '15 just the facts 2
News 3 shot in North Braddock; 1 dead Feb '15 cognizant 3
Ross Cioppa (Jan '08) Feb '15 hahaRossibaby 23
More from around the web

Wilkinsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE