Don't buy food products from China.

Posted in the Wilkes-Barre Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Robert

Kingston, PA

#1 Nov 17, 2012
Any grocery store or sam's club that sells food products from china, should be boycotted, don't buy their food products, and don't renew your membership card to sam's club,you will see how quickly they start selling American food products.
why not

Clayton, NC

#2 Nov 17, 2012
I like general tso combination.

“A Dog's Life is Good”

Since: Feb 11

Mon Valley, Pa.

#3 Nov 19, 2012
How about Mexican Twinkies?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
NoComm

Albany, NY

#4 Dec 4, 2012
I tell my family and friends not to give me gifts that are made in china. If I see it's made in china I wouldn't accepted and tell them to give me money instead.
It's easy and you should too because by buying products made in china you are supporting that red commies and that your money is not using wisely.
jealousy

Hazleton, PA

#5 Dec 9, 2012
too much jeaousy..lol

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 10, 2012
Not to mention that everyting is toxic coming out of that country. Heck, even their apple juice concentrate has cyanide in it! What do you think the objective is there?
loose stool

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Dec 10, 2012
There you are.
Funny that you call yourself a scientist and spew a debunked story about Chinese apple concentrate. Contrary to your lazy ass I'm posting links about a story that's over a year old.

http://blog.imperfectparent.com/2011/09/19/dr...

http://news.yahoo.com/fda-refutes-tv-claim-ap...
there's plenty of issues with china without you cluttering the internetz with xenophobic wives' tales.
loose stool

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Dec 10, 2012
I forgot.

BOOM!!!
loose stool

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Dec 10, 2012
NoComm wrote:
If I see it's made in china I wouldn't accepted and tell them to give me money instead.
Hell lady, even the money is from China. So what's your point?

Since: Sep 09

Effort

#10 Dec 10, 2012
We base much of our legislation on fear and fear mongering. Want something outlawed, start sowing fear first, keep on sowing it and finally some idiot politician, up for re-election or just to enhance their stupid and ignorant support of various bills and legislation will pick up on it and run with it. The most recent is that elected congressional idiot from Illonoiz and his newest band wagon, the plastic printed gun, that this idiot is actually drawing a salary and benefits boggles my mind. People talk about Republican idiots in congress, this one is Darwinian borderline, I'm surprised he can actually breath without assistance.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Since: Dec 08

Bar Harbor, ME

#12 Dec 10, 2012
The Mrs. and I went to Walmart the udder day looking for cookie sheets. Not a huge selection, but there was at least one product made in the U.S.A...for about four times the price of the Chinese stuff...and the imported looked to be a higher quality.

Now, I'm as big as the next patriot about buying American, but I'll be damned if I'll shell out far more money for a lower quality product just to prop up some union jobs (and it had to be union made at that price).

The problem is not cheap Chinese products, but rather that the American versions cost too much. Bloated union contracts, outdated distribution costs and out of control environmental regulations have crippled American manufacturing.

And all the lefties want to do about it is spread debunked rumors about Chinese quality.

Incredible.

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#13 Dec 10, 2012
loose stool wrote:
There you are.
Funny that you call yourself a scientist and spew a debunked story about Chinese apple concentrate. Contrary to your lazy ass I'm posting links about a story that's over a year old.
http://blog.imperfectparent.com/2011/09/19/dr...
http://news.yahoo.com/fda-refutes-tv-claim-ap...
there's plenty of issues with china without you cluttering the internetz with xenophobic wives' tales.
Hey troll, when you know what you are talking about, then you can discuss this topic with me. Until then, don't bother me.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#14 Dec 10, 2012
slush wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey troll, when you know what you are talking about, then you can discuss this topic with me. Until then, don't bother me.
Hail to the queen. She has spoken, so be it. LMAO!

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#15 Dec 10, 2012
slush wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like you are already bothered.

***smirk***

Ding!

Effort

#16 Dec 10, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
The Mrs. and I went to Walmart the udder day looking for cookie sheets. Not a huge selection, but there was at least one product made in the U.S.A...for about four times the price of the Chinese stuff...and the imported looked to be a higher quality.
Now, I'm as big as the next patriot about buying American, but I'll be damned if I'll shell out far more money for a lower quality product just to prop up some union jobs (and it had to be union made at that price).
The problem is not cheap Chinese products, but rather that the American versions cost too much. Bloated union contracts, outdated distribution costs and out of control environmental regulations have crippled American manufacturing.
And all the lefties want to do about it is spread debunked rumors about Chinese quality.
Incredible.
Your first error was Walmart, Generally the only thing I buy there is Mobil-1 oil for the jeeps. We do use Sams club but usually it's for bulk items in the food category and now not so much since one of my kids moved to SC. Heck most of our meat is from this past bear and deer seasons. In a somewhat serious note, go look at Ariens snow blowers, first at Walmart, then Home Depot, then go to a Ariens dealer who is more expensive, check out the thickness of he steel where the auger is, between the big box stores and the dealer, there is a difference and the dealer one is thicker with better parts. Even the big box Honda mowers are different than from a Honda dealer in the same model numbers.
It is amazing what Walmart can do to a business, most will tell you they are a two edged sword, Vlassic was the classic for Walmart telling Vlassic what they can sell and what they can't, the size of the packaging and how much they can charge. Vlassic suffered a devastating success that they still have not recovered from in over 10 years..
loose stool

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Dec 10, 2012
slush wrote:
<quoted text>
There it is!!

I
can
start
my
day.

WHOOMP!

Effort

#18 Dec 10, 2012
loose stool wrote:
<quoted text>
^this^ or that camera ho Charlie "I'm here for you" Schumer.
Saw Chuckie on TV this weekend, looks like he got a face lift, guess he needs to keep those 80 and 90 year old bubbes voting for him.

“Not an Obumble Voter!”

Bar Harbor, ME

#19 Dec 10, 2012
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
Your first error was Walmart, Generally the only thing I buy there is Mobil-1 oil for the jeeps. We do use Sams club but usually it's for bulk items in the food category and now not so much since one of my kids moved to SC. Heck most of our meat is from this past bear and deer seasons. In a somewhat serious note, go look at Ariens snow blowers, first at Walmart, then Home Depot, then go to a Ariens dealer who is more expensive, check out the thickness of he steel where the auger is, between the big box stores and the dealer, there is a difference and the dealer one is thicker with better parts. Even the big box Honda mowers are different than from a Honda dealer in the same model numbers.
It is amazing what Walmart can do to a business, most will tell you they are a two edged sword, Vlassic was the classic for Walmart telling Vlassic what they can sell and what they can't, the size of the packaging and how much they can charge. Vlassic suffered a devastating success that they still have not recovered from in over 10 years..
I love Walmart. It is a great American success story that has saved consumers a ton of money over the years, gives jobs to a lot of folks and pays a boatload of taxes...on time, every time.

That said, I do know the difference in quality between virtually everything sold by Walmart and the big boxes on some of the pricier goods. When Lowes started selling John Deere stuff, I noticed the difference right away. On the plus side, it got a lot of folks in the Deere camp (HA!!). Hope they don't think that the stuff they got there is much more genuine that the name label.

I'll be the first to admit that one of the reasons I am in Walmart's corner is because so many liberals are not. If nitwits like Slushbag and LWL are down on something, then it must be good.

:-)
loose stool

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Dec 10, 2012
fistv wrote:
<quoted text>
Saw Chuckie on TV this weekend, looks like he got a face lift, guess he needs to keep those 80 and 90 year old bubbes voting for him.
Mr.Chucks biggest problem was that whippersnapper Mrs. Slick Willie and her cankles blocking the quartz lights.

Effort

#21 Dec 10, 2012
Jeff Woehrle wrote:
<quoted text>
I love Walmart. It is a great American success story that has saved consumers a ton of money over the years, gives jobs to a lot of folks and pays a boatload of taxes...on time, every time.
That said, I do know the difference in quality between virtually everything sold by Walmart and the big boxes on some of the pricier goods. When Lowes started selling John Deere stuff, I noticed the difference right away. On the plus side, it got a lot of folks in the Deere camp (HA!!). Hope they don't think that the stuff they got there is much more genuine that the name label.
I'll be the first to admit that one of the reasons I am in Walmart's corner is because so many liberals are not. If nitwits like Slushbag and LWL are down on something, then it must be good.
:-)
Maybe, but I also factor in that any of the big box stores are at least 30 minutes from where I live, that's roughly 3 gallons of gas round trip not to mention the idiots in the parking lot as well as the screaming spandex seams from people who should not be allowed to wear spandex under both sound and visual pollutions laws.
Well, back to my 1 year humidor stored CAO brazilia Toro and my mug of dark fair trade Nicaraguan coffee.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wilkes-Barre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Person of interest May 23 Lol 1
News Social Security disability approvals decline (Dec '13) May 21 racism is wrong 92
Bring back the canape May 20 SlickMick 2
Seniors will need a better form of transportati... May 20 SlickMick 2
Wilkes Barre needs positive messages. May 19 Thomas 1
News Hazleton realtors seek to merge with W-B group May 18 said it 1
Move the farmers market and fine arts fiesta to... May 14 Chester 1
More from around the web

Wilkes-Barre People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]