'a horrible tragedy'

'a horrible tragedy'

There are 6 comments on the Kentucky.com story from Aug 30, 2007, titled 'a horrible tragedy'. In it, Kentucky.com reports that:

“You never had a conversation or any contact with Kathleen that you didn't come away more uplifted, more positive than you were before you interacted with her”

Manslaughter or traffic accident?

That question has put a decision by Fayette Commonwealth's Attorney Ray Larson at odds with a Lexington family and the police officers who investigated a collision that killed Kathleen Riley Torok, 45, last year.

On Oct. 12, 2006, Joe Shepperson, then 19, ran a red light at the intersection of Boardwalk and New Circle Road while driving an ice truck and crashed into the driver's side of Torok's four-door BMW. Shepperson said that he began his delivery route with little more than four hours of sleep after partying until 2 a.m. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kentucky.com.

Thomas

Louisville, KY

#1 Aug 30, 2007
I remember this accident I had met with my pastor that day and he had got caught in the traffic jam caused by it. This young man needs to spend some time in jail, it is very reprehensible that he has so far gotten absolutely nothing out of it. Whats wrong people?
Lee

Lexington, KY

#2 Apr 7, 2008
Why should the boy suffer and not the ice company which gave him the overweight truck to drive. I understand the loss of the Torok family; they lost their mother, their wife, their grandmother. It seems to be purely an accident. I have seen the angle of the sun at that time of the morning and the traffic lights are very difficult to see. I do not agree with driving under the influence but dont you think the ice company would have recognized if the boy were truly "intoxicated". I disagree that the boy driver should bear 100% responsibility for the accident--- the truck was overloaded. Why waste 2 lives if there is remorse from this young man.
Mick

Jackson, KY

#3 Apr 10, 2008
I was there and was the first responder. I saw the truck run the light and hit the car. The guy needs about 20 years in prison!He was visibly shaken only after i told him he had just killed someone. You can't run a redlight on New Circle rd. during rushhour and not cause a crash! He deserves many years in prison!
meth head

Morehead, KY

#4 Apr 10, 2008
Mick wrote:
I was there and was the first responder. I saw the truck run the light and hit the car. The guy needs about 20 years in prison!He was visibly shaken only after i told him he had just killed someone. You can't run a redlight on New Circle rd. during rushhour and not cause a crash! He deserves many years in prison!
What about the crash last weekend a drunk hits a drunk one drunk dies and one gets charged with dui what do you think?
PILL BILLY

Mount Sterling, KY

#5 Jun 10, 2012
Died of an overdose
Think

Mount Sterling, KY

#6 Jun 11, 2012
I think that instead of hitting that rich woman in the Mercedes if he hit a poor man driving a chevette it would have an accident and not mych would have been made if it or if the rich woman was drunk znd she hit the delivery driver while he making a delivery her legal team would have made sure the media kept quiet about thier clients personal problems!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prospect PO Music Thread Feb 17 Musikologist 2
Amy Haueter (Feb '14) Feb 14 acquaintance 2
Rolling Fields Music Thread Feb 12 Musikologist 1
Daniel Cundiff (Nov '14) Feb 7 RHB 29
Pitbull!!!!! Reward Feb 4 Missing 1
Minor Lane Heights Music Thread (Dec '15) Jan 31 Musikologist 4
Freys Hill Music Thread (Sep '14) Jan 29 Musikologist 6

Wildwood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance