Anybody try TalkOfTheVillages.com
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#422 Jan 22, 2014
TOTV is baffling. Been going there since it began in 2007. Used to be great conversations, and you actually could learn.

Now, if you disagree with the "lead" group there, you are a bully, yet that group bullies their own way. Used to require you with links, etc, to validate what you say..not anymore at all. Most of,or many of the threads are simply veiled threats to not disagree.

I suppose this is what they want, thus it is. Do not know how message boards get revenue or make money, but I surely know they have and are losing posters, AND credibility.

But the board is theirs to do what the wish, and I assume this is how they want it to be.

It used to serve a purpose, but is now seemingly occupied by non residents and seasonals and many have figured out they are getting skewed and bad info.

Not complaining....not on my "to visit" list any longer, but it is sad to see. Again, it is what is wanted I suppose.

Without divulging your screen names, you folk mention folks by name..does that mean that many of you post both here AND there ?
Russ

Ocala, FL

#423 Jan 22, 2014
I've always read but never joined or posted.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#424 Jan 22, 2014
Rich wrote:
TOTV is baffling. Been going there since it began in 2007. Used to be great conversations, and you actually could learn.
Now, if you disagree with the "lead" group there, you are a bully, yet that group bullies their own way. Used to require you with links, etc, to validate what you say..not anymore at all. Most of,or many of the threads are simply veiled threats to not disagree.
I suppose this is what they want, thus it is. Do not know how message boards get revenue or make money, but I surely know they have and are losing posters, AND credibility.
But the board is theirs to do what the wish, and I assume this is how they want it to be.
It used to serve a purpose, but is now seemingly occupied by non residents and seasonals and many have figured out they are getting skewed and bad info.
Not complaining....not on my "to visit" list any longer, but it is sad to see. Again, it is what is wanted I suppose.
Without divulging your screen names, you folk mention folks by name..does that mean that many of you post both here AND there ?
I agree. TOTV used to be fun. They make their money on the advertising, which has REALLY multiplied in the last year. Many people have stopped posting on TOTV and are going here and the Village-News to post. The bullies on TOTV have taken over and it's no FUN anymore.
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#425 Jan 23, 2014
First, I did not mean that TOTV is full of bullies; quite the contrary. I meant that those who are the "ins" practice their own style of bullying by crying that they are being bullied if someone has another opinion on anything. You must adhere or you are a bully.

I also think TOTV serves a useful purpose...my statements were concerning the discussion portion of the site only.
Richard

Lady Lake, FL

#426 Jan 28, 2014
Mary wrote:
What's with kittygilchrist....she keeps writing reviews of places and tells everyone to go there and tell them " kitty sent you" Is she working on commission ? She's so full of herself.....no wonder she's single.
She just posted a video of herself and some other singles at a play. I thought kittygilchrist was young and ditsy. In her avatar on TOTV, she looks about 50. In the video she just posted, she looks about 75-80 years old. So, I guess , she's just old and ditsy.
Pothead

Ocala, FL

#427 Jan 29, 2014
What TOTV needs is a bunch of potheads posting. Probably could find a few soon as I know some will need if for medication. Honestly some could use it right now both on TOTV and here on Topix....

Richard

Lady Lake, FL

#428 Jan 29, 2014
Pothead wrote:
What TOTV needs is a bunch of potheads posting. Probably could find a few soon as I know some will need if for medication. Honestly some could use it right now both on TOTV and here on Topix....
Lots of people post on TOTV after they have had a few drinks. Same thing. They lose their inhibitions and say things that they probably wouldn't normally say. With pot, I think they will just mellow out.

Since: Jan 14

Lady Lake, FL

#429 Jan 30, 2014
Funny someone brought up the word boring. I used to have fun posting on talk. For whatever reson I became one of the moderators next target. Recently my posts started getting deleted and of course no response on reasons giving. I never recieved answers to my emails inquiring as to what I posted as being wrong. I continue to observe other posts content and wonder what the deal. I just don't post anymore. I came across this site and thought I would give it a try. Sounds like a good group.
Leroy

Lady Lake, FL

#430 Feb 2, 2014
Talk of The Villages is a great site for information. It used to be crazy itch a handful of GOP members that were almost violent to others on the site. About a year ago new owners ran those crazies off. If you have not been there lately, you should check it out. No more hate.
Rich

Lady Lake, FL

#431 Feb 3, 2014
Leroy wrote:
Talk of The Villages is a great site for information. It used to be crazy itch a handful of GOP members that were almost violent to others on the site. About a year ago new owners ran those crazies off. If you have not been there lately, you should check it out. No more hate.
You nailed it. Changes WERE FOR SURE POLITICAL, and now there exists a complete different set of crazies. All set in motion (the change) by those who were upset NOT at anything but the political slant, and actually the "crazies" that you allude to were not even posting in an area you could read unless you opted to do so. But the "coup" was organized and supported by the new owner.

I understand the changes, but not the method used to make it happen, but make no mistake it was totally political
sadtoreadtheseth ings

Lady Lake, FL

#432 Feb 5, 2014
I am the real Grace known to you as Gracie Girl and someone has impersonated me on this forum.
I have read all of your comments and have taken them to heart. Naturally I am very hurt and very depressed.
Some of the people who say they know me obviously do know me, but the person who is impersonating me from Alabama. Well I only know one poster from Alabama. Betty?
Please stop. I am a real person.
sadtoreadtheseth ings

Lady Lake, FL

#433 Feb 5, 2014
GracieGirl wrote:
I am the queen of above mentioned message board. I worship the developer because he gave me such a wonderful place to live. In fact, it's so wonderful that I spend all my time sitting behind a keyboard making snarky boy howdy remarks all day long!
There are a number of us who would rather stay on the computer than enjoy the lifestyle that King Morse provided us.
Someone is impersonating me on this forum. I am known as Gracie Girl on TOTV. Needless to say I have read all of these comments and I will quit posting immediately. I am hurt to the very core, particularly about the comments about Helene and the fact I won't let her have friends.

I never realized what it feels to be hated, but I do now. I want whoever it is to stop immediately impersonating me. The rest go ahead.
Ellen

Lady Lake, FL

#434 Feb 5, 2014
sadtoreadthesethings wrote:
I am the real Grace known to you as Gracie Girl and someone has impersonated me on this forum.
I have read all of your comments and have taken them to heart. Naturally I am very hurt and very depressed.
Some of the people who say they know me obviously do know me, but the person who is impersonating me from Alabama. Well I only know one poster from Alabama. Betty?
Please stop. I am a real person.
If you really are the REAL GracieGirl, then I'm sure that you are a very nice person. I read your posts on TOTV and you sound like a very nice person. Don't let these people get to you. They don't know you. You and your family are the only ones that are important. Do things that make you and your family happy and proud. Don't let anonomous people get you down. You are better then they are. You have invited people to your home and shown them great hospitality. Most people LOVE GracieGirl.
The Professor

Melbourne, FL

#435 Feb 5, 2014
So, do we talk about interesting things here, or just make up crap others?

Since: Dec 13

Lady Lake, FL

#436 Feb 6, 2014
I joined TOTV in the early years. I was ridiculed for my young age by many. I quit. I occasionally go on for service relate recommendations but that is it. I live in The Villages anyway and most of my neighbors accept me for who I am. There are others who make comments that I ignore. I have worked more in my 50 years on this planet than most of the others have in their 80 plus years. If others in their 50s want to move to The Villages just be aware that there are residents that judge you for your age and not for who you are. It was time to move on and that is just what I did.

Orlando, FL

#437 Feb 6, 2014
What a bunch of BS!

Gansevoort, NY

#438 Feb 6, 2014
How mean can you be? Don't you realize how your comments reflect on your character? Please stop making these awful personal comments about others and clean up your own act.
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#439 Feb 6, 2014
Don't kid yourselves. Gracie is doing what she always does. She is using everyone to go after the people who "hurt" her.

Some of the people on TOTV who are defending her are some of her old targets. But they don't realize it, because she always got others to do her dirty work. The only difference this time, is she has done it publicly instead of a PM.

Why would she bring so many people over here to read this?

Orlando, FL

#440 Feb 6, 2014
Mary
You are hiding behind a false name.
What is your motive?
What is your name on TOTV?
Bet you don't have the guts to answer these questions.....do you.
Visitor

Lady Lake, FL

#441 Feb 6, 2014
Gracie is not all sugar and spice. I have seen some of her snarky comments on TOTV and she can be mean if she chooses to. That said, trashing her on this board is being mean spirited as well and serves no useful purpose. If anything it has made her supporters on TOTV gather round and promote her even more. Enough already! Time to move on to other topics. I'm sick of reading about that woman.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The villages news bigots 15 min Jim 24
Talk of the villages bigotry 9 hr AnotherVisitor 121
Very scary ???people??? 11 hr Visitor 23
trump Aug 26 Gracie 5
falcon lawn company Aug 26 resident 1
does anyone have any info of any kind on this s... Aug 26 Visiter 2
ESPN award. Aug 25 RuffnReddy 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Wildwood Mortgages