Planned theater in search of a home

Planned theater in search of a home

There are 2 comments on the The Daily Commercial story from Jul 9, 2010, titled Planned theater in search of a home. In it, The Daily Commercial reports that:

Members of the Volunteers' Performing Arts Alliance are looking for land in Lake, Sumter or Marion counties to build a $10 million state-of-the-art theater for residents in the tri-county area.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Daily Commercial.

Arts Patron

The Villages, FL

#1 Jul 11, 2010
There is a nice piece of land directly next to Lowes On Rt 441/27, accross from the hospital. It intersects all 3 counties, Lake, Marion and Sumter. It would be a central location, golf car and vehicle accessible. I am afraid if it is built in the Villages proper it may loose its' own special identity and some may reject it as just anther part of The Villages. There is also another super location just north of Stonecrest at the top of a hill. All improvements are in and it is ready to go. Good luck, long overdue.
Ron

The Villages, FL

#2 Jul 12, 2010
Makes sense to me to, 441 is the main route from Ocala, The Villages and Leesburg, very central. I agree that it needs to be separate from The Villages so folks do not get the idea it is owned or a part of all of that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Totv political forum 4 hr Lord Scotchdrinker 125
True Car . COM 10 hr Louigi 4
Great article on why Christianity is going away. May 31 RuffnReddy 2
the villages of Parkwood (Apr '09) May 29 John 265
Responsible dog owners ha ha May 28 Cesar 1
Gay marriage May 28 Peggy 25
Hi friends May 26 The Villager 2 56
More from around the web

Wildwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE