Will threat of sludge for lunch slow growth?

This is a tale of two meetings. Meeting No. 1 was Friday at Leesburg City Hall, and it was to talk about two big developments south of town and how they might mesh. Full Story
RadicalPatriot

Altamonte Springs, FL

#1 Mar 21, 2007
What will you find to rant about once growth has slowed Ms. Ritchie? Oh I'm sure there will always be another target.
Sue Thomas

Kalamazoo, MI

#2 Mar 21, 2007
I wanted so badly to write that Lake and Sumter counties are going to loose this argument, but I can’t.

So, instead, I am going write that I hope and pray to God, Mother Nature, Buddha, Vishnu, and any other deity that I can think of, that they will loose this battle.

But, they probably won’t.

My main point: If Lake and Sumter counties want more water, then let them pay for it with a desalination plant.

My main hope: The wealthy and well educated residents and business owners living and working on lake and river front property from St. John’s County south through Marion Citrus counties will not let Lake and Sumter counties rape their rivers and lakes; thus, dropping the water levels and damaging their economies.

The new residents and policymakers in Lake and Sumter counties bring with them a sense of entitlement that rivals Tinsel Town! Someone needs to punch them in the mouth, and maybe they have just picked a fight with someone who can! Here’s hoping.
RadRyder

Orlando, FL

#3 Mar 21, 2007
Peeking into the future a bit farther, desalinization of seawater will be a better way to go.
Why not face the facts now and plan for a future that will leave plenty of fresh water that won't be tainted by salt water intrusion by reducing the pressure on the aquifer?
flemingtraveler

AOL

#4 Mar 21, 2007
Great article Lauren. Thanks for your informed reports.
Andrew Goodyear

Longwood, FL

#5 Mar 21, 2007
It is difficult to imagine how our elected officials can just go on approving these developments.
Jennifer Butler

Tallahassee, FL

#6 Mar 22, 2007
I enjoyed your article. Perhaps you stirred some interest and citizens (other than builders) will start to care.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wildwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GG is back in full BS mode (Mar '14) 3 hr Mary 142
DUI offender asking for help may get more time (Sep '10) Dec 18 Bobby Donahue Bra... 29
Am I Liberal or Conservative Dec 17 Cincinnati Red 56
132 Children executed Dec 17 TOTV member 1
Thank God for the Village News.com Dec 16 The Villager 2 29
Will the "BLUE FLU" hit the NYPD and the rest o... Dec 16 Lobo1 1
Review: All 4 Paws Wildwood Dec 14 The Villager 2 2
Wildwood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Wildwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Wildwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wildwood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:40 am PST

NBC Sports 6:40AM
Bortles: We showed the country who we are
NBC Sports11:45 AM
Just like old (sad) times: Buccaneers double-digit home underdogs vs. Packers
NBC Sports 1:39 PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 8:19 PM
Ranking Packers' Best Wins over Buccaneers
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions