Sumter drug sweep nets 40 suspected dealers

Sep 26, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Daily Commercial

Falling down one after another, almost 40 suspected drug dealers have been arrested within the past week throughout Sumter County in what officers called "Operation Dominoes." The arrests were the result of a three-month investigation that was ignited with undercover drug buys and capped off with warrant sweeps, raids and the seizure of nearly 30 ...

Comments
1 - 20 of 29 Comments Last updated May 18, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
getter DONE

Monroe, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2009

Judged:

40 is a start, but not nearly good enough, get the suppliers, the customers, the public, the cops, see what is happening, stop wasting time, let's get them all, you know what all the traffic is going there for, and who is selling, all hours of the night, start stopping them, bust them all, this has not even slowed the crackhead and methheads down, your like a mule with blinders on, open your eyes, and use that gun & badge to do the job your suppose to, show them it stops here in sumter county,,,,it is a war on drugs, quit playing around
Midnight Cowgirl

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Judged:

Sumter county sucks, I was stuck there for a little while. Got stuck on crack, almost destroyed myself totally. I kept telling the folks on 4th & 7th street(in Webster) I wouldn't be there for long. Everyone laughed at me and kicked me when I was down! F*** you all, I said "In 1 year I'll not be here but you'll be here forever!You can't make a housewife into a whore!! I SURVIVED!!!!!!!!!!
Midnight Cowgirl

Dahlonega, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2009

Oh, by the way, I haven't done drugs in years. I would like to say HI to Henry(with the bar) Thank you for all you did!, HI to Popeye!!
deondray

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

Judged:

dont blaim sumter county for your addictions, you are responsible for your actions, kentucky had drug dealers too.

All the people on 4th street keep your heads up and switch your hustle up, it's all love though. You gotta eat you gotta eat.
Cris

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Judged:

hey I am from webster, fl. Thank god I got out that boring ass place. They place is so boring suicide is the best options, Thank god I chose college.
anm0404

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2010

Judged:

I think it is great that they are getting dangerous drug dealers off our streets but it's also funny because someone close to me was arrested not long before this sweep, him and a friend were in on something together they had the exact same charges but my friend's bond was like $20,000 higher than the other guy's because he "knew" someone. They did end up getting the same punishment though. Also, it's funny how you see a guy mess up one time and get kicked to the curb but then the next guy can be in and out of jail every week for different things and always seems to get out of it. So much for fair and equal "justice" for all huh?
notty head

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Well people, what we have here is a waste of time ! Last I heard there was no boats, ships, airports in sumter! Also we get 30 years for 1 rock yet others get probation for rape of babies! HELLO WORLD!!!!!!!!!! WAKE THE FART UP!
Corporate Elites

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

anm0404 wrote:
I think it is great that they are getting dangerous drug dealers off our streets but it's also funny because someone close to me was arrested not long before this sweep, him and a friend were in on something together they had the exact same charges but my friend's bond was like $20,000 higher than the other guy's because he "knew" someone. They did end up getting the same punishment though. Also, it's funny how you see a guy mess up one time and get kicked to the curb but then the next guy can be in and out of jail every week for different things and always seems to get out of it. So much for fair and equal "justice" for all huh?
The REAL question is ARE WE WINNING THE DRUG WAR???

"You cant win a war against yourself"
Corporate Elites

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2010

Judged:

notty head wrote:
Well people, what we have here is a waste of time ! Last I heard there was no boats, ships, airports in sumter! Also we get 30 years for 1 rock yet others get probation for rape of babies! HELLO WORLD!!!!!!!!!! WAKE THE FART UP!
War on Drugs is "NOT" a waste of time {sarcasm}. We enjoy locking up the poor for a $$50,000 a year per inmate to build on our Prison Industrial Complex. Like the Military Indutrial Complex, the P.I.C. is what majority of our federal tax dollars goes to.

Not only a war against the POOR, but it also a WAR AGAINST THE CONSTITUTION.

Like Ben Franklin onced said: "If you are willing to give up your freedoms for a little security, then you do not deserve freedom nor security".

"Instead of spending billions to build a better place
We spend billions on a genocidal arm race"

-A Toledo Hip Hop Artist

Since: Jul 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2010

Judged:

Hell you could get 40 just by going to Coleman, cross the tracks, turn left and pick up the first 40 blacks you see.

Fat Frank could do that but he is too busy with his speed trap.
Go-DEA

Summerfield, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Let's get them all off the street. I think a dealer of crack or meth should get life in prison or the death sentence. I say an eye for an eye. They kill,disable and destroy so many lives for money. It's sick, no human with a heart could kill or destroy a child's life to put gold on there teeth or rims on there cars. These are drugs that just don't affect the person using them. It affects the child who's mom is hooked. A child that does not have a place call home. And don't forget they sell to young elementary children,telling them it's pop rocks or candy to gain a new client. There is so many addicts that are disabled due to the drug. So many children are in state custody due to this drug. Not counting the cost of the medical cost that go unpaid. Taxes payers pay to support what dealers create. Drug dealers are pure evil and not of this world. I am not rich, but i don't kill or destroy lives for money.
LucilleGonzales

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

we have one dug in real deep on C.R. 519A in coleman you'll never get this one out this fat POS seems to be here to stay lives on a property with no 911 address on it you know the one don't you?
wildwoodbrotha

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 28, 2011

aint dat 4 th trailar down dat cr 519a road abbandond? all growd up and abbandond.
foth-traila-down -dat-road

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 3, 2011

aintit da foth un? he say C..R..519-A rights( what be its good lawd he gots the stuffs dont he? evrythin
CiscoKid

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2011

what are you saying? please i don't understand.
jennigotthehecko uttathere

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2011

Judged:

Sumter county is a backwards , corrupt, dead end crap hole. The only people who do not get it are the ones who have not left town in twenty years. The jail system is corrupt, the town leaves nothing to the imagination, and it is a mess of crack, and meth. It has gotten worse over the past 5-7 years and if you want to survive and get away you need to leave that place far behind you. To understand , you have to have lived there. There is no growth in that town, and that breeds no hope, drugs, abuse and a system set to jail even not dangerous criminals at bails set so high you would have to sell crack just to get off a ticket violation. Yes they need to get dangerous dealers off the street, but someone should clean out house of those in power in that one horse town first and foremost.
sumter sucks

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

It does not mean much as there are so many drug gangs operating in sumter. to use other agencies to assist in busts means you are trying to keep them in your good graces, ie. state attorney, fdle, federal. when you have a monopoly in one county it is easy to control who operates and who gets busted, make money in many ways (illegal dumping, illegal burning, etc) besides drugs. Point is many need to look hard, the example i give is a 6 year investigation and surveillance on 2 people one house and asking DEA help for a bust, but now 43 who did not pay there dues, were calling too much attention to the county or other. Remember it starts with who gives the access to operate there. Think about it.
I was raised there but got out "THANK GOD" .there are so many drug dealers there and they are rubbing elbows with the "We are here to protect and serve" yeah ok!!... you are right ...jennigotthehecko uttathere.......

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2012

just arrest everyone under 40 in croom - a- cooche there goes easily 200 right there and there is a huge pot field in river junction near iron bridge if they just looked for it
larrylamba

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

you missed the BIGGEST one in coleman. he lives off of EVANS street. just turn right go down a short way. is he being protected for some reason? why haven't you arrested him?
GoldiLocks

Wildwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 6, 2012

everyone in coleman knows this guy is selling drugs abusing drugs dealing drugs. part of the drugs come from medicaid and he gets them all free. that's a nice profit margin isn't it? right off of evans street. how many 400 lb drug dealers are there in coleman? you can't miss it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Wildwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wildwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wildwood News, Events & Info