Fruitland Park cop quits after he's linked to Ku Klux Klan

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

A city police officer has resigned after allegations surfaced that he was a "district Kleagle" and "staff sergeant" in the Ku Klux Klan .
Comments
81 - 100 of 105 Comments Last updated Mar 28, 2011
Cherilynn

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#106
Feb 9, 2009
 
Huntress wrote:
<quoted text>Being a member of the KKK means that he adheres to their doctrine; the ideology of racism and whites being superior to others. Do you think he only believes this way at klan meetings while wearing the robe of a grand dragon? Huh, do you?
Like Obama did at Rev Wrights church?
louie judd

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#107
Feb 9, 2009
 
TheGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
Not sure if I get where you're going. Are you implying that all 15% of blacks are on medicaid/foodstamps? Because that would be an untrue statement.
of course not, I have no idea what % of the 15% are on welfare, the town I live in has 875 Whites and 2 Blacks so it stands to reason that more Whites in my town are on welfare
Archives

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#108
Feb 9, 2009
 
TheGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, Robert Byrd, he's always struck an odd chord with me...because he was "definitely" hateful in the day.
It most assuredly was a different time in the 40's, different values, different mindsets...but there's a part of me that doesn't want to give him a pass for changing, because he was so vile in the day. Most notably a letter he sent to then Senator Theodore Bilbo...
..."I shall never fight in the armed forces with a Negro by my side... Rather I should die a thousand times, and see Old Glory trampled in the dirt never to rise again, than to see this beloved land of ours become degraded by race mongrels, a throwback to the blackest specimen from the wilds."
That's friggin hardcore.
Agree completely and when Byrd moves on I'll hoist a couple in celebration__but__Byrd was elected as opposed to being hired. Those who are hired by publicly funded agencies in current times are issued an employee manual that outlines what is and what is not acceptable behavior. The gist of these manuals aims towards "not bringing shame nor embarrassment" to the employer. Employee's sign a statement that they have received, read and understand the implied and underlying messages found in the manuals/handbooks.

I'm guessing that this guys statement was both signed and accepted in bad faith.

Archives

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#109
Feb 9, 2009
 
Cherilynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Obama did at Rev Wrights church?
Obama attended one of the largest churches in Chicago, it was a black church and loaded with black voter/ constituents. Had he attended Jesse Jackson's church the outcome would have been the same, had he attended some cute little Episcopal church outside his district he would never have been elected to the Senate.

The best Republican candidate was Mitt Romney hands down, not even a hint of failure throughout a brilliant career in business and politics. Republicans selected McCain instead for what reason?
scared in FL

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#110
Feb 9, 2009
 
Cherilynn wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Obama did at Rev Wrights church?
Huntress wrote:
Being a member of the KKK means that he adheres to their doctrine; the ideology of racism and whites being superior to others. Do you think he only believes this way at klan meetings while wearing the robe of a grand dragon?

CLARIFICATION: Obama adhered to the doctrines of the church's denomination, not the doctrines of the pastor. The local church is subordinate to the denomination. The pastor can't speak for the entire denomination.
areyou4real

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#111
Feb 9, 2009
 
what a shame wrote:
<quoted text>
For your information the slaves did suffer. Long and hard. THey worked their asses off on a daily basis doing what the white slave master was too lazy to do his damn self. Of course, there are many benefits to living in America, but there are habits that started 200 years ago that have an affect on black society today. Black slave men were sold off from their families. Now black men have come accustomed to not sticking around. The slaves were fed the scraps from the master's dinner table. Now we have good, yet fattening soul food. The masters raped black women to create a separate race and turn us against each other. Now Arican-Americans compare themselves to a brown paper bag. So slavery has had bad impacts on African-Americans.
P.S. Just me, at least the Jews got an apology for the Holocaust. African-Americans haven't yet gotten an apology.
As soon as Africa apologises for the actions of Africans 400 years ago when they rounded up other Africans AND SOLD THEM TO THE EUROPEAN SLAVE TRADERS then they will have their apology.As far as the ancestors of slaves living in this nation....they have the opportunity to become President
scared in FL

Monroe, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#112
Feb 9, 2009
 
Too true wrote:
Although I've been a victim of reverse-racism, I've not fallen into the ignorant trap of painting all Blacks with a broad brush.
Fact is, when Obama was elected, I had some special bumper stickers made for the 20 or so bigoted acquaintances who are always throwing the N-bomb around.
The sticker read: "Who's Your Daddy Now?"
Trust me, it was worth the money to see what nasty-**** racists look like when they've been punked.
I appreciate your honesty. And you have the right attitude.Discrimination of any kind hurts the individual who gets overlooked.

it's a human tendency to make up for one mistake by making another. In sports, if a team gets a bad call that can't be corrected, the refs will err in the other direction if it's close. They'll never admit it, but it's obvious sometimes. It ain't right, but it's the way it is.

Since: Jan 09

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#113
Feb 9, 2009
 
Chester DeGrasse wrote:
Contrary to what the writers think of themselves, what we have here is not a bunch of experts on racism, but a bunch of racists.
What's funny is that I agree with you, racists on both ends.

“Proud Southerner”

Since: Feb 09

Solsberry, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#114
Feb 9, 2009
 
TheGavin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummm, maybe YOU need to check the statistics.
I don't think you can make a statement that more or less consists of, "Being owned as a slave is bad, BUT, they were compensated fairly for their efforts." That sorta tends to impact the statement as if the person making it thinks slavery wasn't/isn't really all that bad when imagined compensations are in tow...oi.
Not to mention brushing over those neat compensations like, the women and children (and sometimes men) could be raped at will, have their flesh torn from the bodies using a bull whip, having whole families torn apart because the buyer decided he/she only wanted the male or the just female or just the children, killed without the benefit of a trial jury, could be blamed for ANYTHING without proof being a necessity.
Yea, those blacks need to pipe down, they're making a big deal outta nothing.
I NEVER said they were compensated "fairly", I simply said they were compensated. I also said, SLAVERY was WRONG. But it's over, it's done with, and it's time to move on and get over it.
Rolo

Altoona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#115
Feb 9, 2009
 
Archives wrote:
<quoted text>Obama attended one of the largest churches in Chicago, it was a black church and loaded with black voter/ constituents. Had he attended Jesse Jackson's church the outcome would have been the same, had he attended some cute little Episcopal church outside his district he would never have been elected to the Senate.
The best Republican candidate was Mitt Romney hands down, not even a hint of failure throughout a brilliant career in business and politics. Republicans selected McCain instead for what reason?
They knew they were going to lose so they made sure that McCain got the nomination. He was the perfect sacrificial lamb, conservatives don't like him and he's too old to run again.

Since: Feb 08

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#116
Feb 10, 2009
 
teeje63 wrote:
<quoted text>
I NEVER said they were compensated "fairly", I simply said they were compensated. I also said, SLAVERY was WRONG. But it's over, it's done with, and it's time to move on and get over it.
To even use language like "compensated" implies some air of fairness, a mutual agreement for services rendered, blah, blah.

It would be more accurate to say that the slave's owners gave them the necessities required to not die.

Since: Feb 08

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#117
Feb 10, 2009
 
louie judd wrote:
<quoted text> of course not, I have no idea what % of the 15% are on welfare, the town I live in has 875 Whites and 2 Blacks so it stands to reason that more Whites in my town are on welfare
Understood.
sk8mom

Kissimmee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#118
Feb 10, 2009
 
I say boo to all the racist groups that are still allowed to be legally organized.It just should not be.It's really sad that anyone in America thinks this is still okay.There should be a law against such organizations.This man should be held accountable.

Since: Feb 08

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#119
Feb 10, 2009
 
areyou4real wrote:
<quoted text>As soon as Africa apologises for the actions of Africans 400 years ago when they rounded up other Africans AND SOLD THEM TO THE EUROPEAN SLAVE TRADERS then they will have their apology.As far as the ancestors of slaves living in this nation....they have the opportunity to become President
Why should Africa apologize, for what took place on our soil? Africa didn't force us to buy slaves. Our ancestors freely chose to purchase and own other human beings.

It would be nice, if the ancestors of those in Africa who participated in slave trade owned up and apologized...but it has no barring on what took place in America.

But I do hold out hope that things will truly change...that we're on the right path finally. But let's not pretend oppression ended when Civil Rights was enacted.

Obama is the exception...but sadly, not the rule.

Since: Feb 08

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#120
Feb 10, 2009
 
Archives wrote:
<quoted text>Agree completely and when Byrd moves on I'll hoist a couple in celebration__but__Byrd was elected as opposed to being hired. Those who are hired by publicly funded agencies in current times are issued an employee manual that outlines what is and what is not acceptable behavior. The gist of these manuals aims towards "not bringing shame nor embarrassment" to the employer. Employee's sign a statement that they have received, read and understand the implied and underlying messages found in the manuals/handbooks.
I'm guessing that this guys statement was both signed and accepted in bad faith.
Agreed.

If ANYONE believes that ANY police force doesn't have a set of guidelines, that the officers are expected to follow, in and out of uniform...they're painfully unaware.

I swear, at times in these forums, I feel like I'm debating in 1950's Mississippi.
Deborah Exum

Foley, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#121
Feb 12, 2009
 
To Whom It May Concern:

I am still alarmed to see the number of hate groups in this
country. I feel Escambia Co.( Florida)is very prejudice, and I hate to go over there to shop now. Alabama seems better. In Escambia, the police, employees in shops, harrass disabled people and minorities.
StopUSAGiveaway

Prairie View, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#122
Feb 12, 2009
 
But is it perfectly politically and diversity, and multi culturally et all to call yourself THE RACE=LA RAZA; Southern Poverty Law Center, MALDEF, Puerto Rico Defense, on and on: what has immigration provided to this once great nation NOW continued non profits for AMNESTY non profits hate groups
To H E L ASAP in JC name I pray that those who attack become what they have done to this nation.
Concerned American

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Apr 6, 2009
 
What is the deal here? People in this day and age, to hang on to racial hatred is both selfish and down right foolish. One bad apple on a basket does mean all the apples are bad. No one is perfect and most educated people understand this fact. Yes there are extremists on both sides and some of the comments written here are Dom people who believe they have been mistreated or abused. One person actually used a holocaust example and compared the forgiveness of one race to another. Get a grip America!! If anyone feels they require an appology for slavery I will step up and make that appology. However if there are any former slaves alive that would actually benifit I would be happy to make that statement. Now for this Century people! How can we move forward if people fail to realize their own rights and opportunities here in the USA??? White as well as black and yellow let's not forget about brown as well all fight for the country they love yet this instilled hatred is continually taught within many communities and cripples both black and white to move forward and become one nation under god.
Now addressing the bad apple here, I am in no way defending this individual but let's look at the racial climate today. We have BET, Miss Black America, black history month, and so on. What eruptions would occur if there was White Entertainment Television, I have yet to see white history month, I'm not sure if any of this is clicking yet however we as a nation need to get a grip and stop trying to tear ourselves apart and begin to work together to make this a country as great as it once was.

“Proud Southerner”

Since: Feb 09

Solsberry, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Apr 6, 2009
 
Concerned American wrote:
What is the deal here? People in this day and age, to hang on to racial hatred is both selfish and down right foolish. One bad apple on a basket does mean all the apples are bad. No one is perfect and most educated people understand this fact. Yes there are extremists on both sides and some of the comments written here are Dom people who believe they have been mistreated or abused. One person actually used a holocaust example and compared the forgiveness of one race to another. Get a grip America!! If anyone feels they require an appology for slavery I will step up and make that appology. However if there are any former slaves alive that would actually benifit I would be happy to make that statement. Now for this Century people! How can we move forward if people fail to realize their own rights and opportunities here in the USA??? White as well as black and yellow let's not forget about brown as well all fight for the country they love yet this instilled hatred is continually taught within many communities and cripples both black and white to move forward and become one nation under god.
Now addressing the bad apple here, I am in no way defending this individual but let's look at the racial climate today. We have BET, Miss Black America, black history month, and so on. What eruptions would occur if there was White Entertainment Television, I have yet to see white history month, I'm not sure if any of this is clicking yet however we as a nation need to get a grip and stop trying to tear ourselves apart and begin to work together to make this a country as great as it once was.
Nice to see someone else actually "sees" what's going on. Can't you see it now, United Caucasion College Fund?
AnyJoe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Apr 6, 2009
 
Concerned American wrote:
What is the deal here? People in this day and age, to hang on to racial hatred is both selfish and down right foolish. One bad apple on a basket does mean all the apples are bad. No one is perfect and most educated people understand this fact. Yes there are extremists on both sides and some of the comments written here are Dom people who believe they have been mistreated or abused. One person actually used a holocaust example and compared the forgiveness of one race to another. Get a grip America!! If anyone feels they require an appology for slavery I will step up and make that appology. However if there are any former slaves alive that would actually benifit I would be happy to make that statement. Now for this Century people! How can we move forward if people fail to realize their own rights and opportunities here in the USA??? White as well as black and yellow let's not forget about brown as well all fight for the country they love yet this instilled hatred is continually taught within many communities and cripples both black and white to move forward and become one nation under god.
Now addressing the bad apple here, I am in no way defending this individual but let's look at the racial climate today. We have BET, Miss Black America, black history month, and so on. What eruptions would occur if there was White Entertainment Television, I have yet to see white history month, I'm not sure if any of this is clicking yet however we as a nation need to get a grip and stop trying to tear ourselves apart and begin to work together to make this a country as great as it once was.
YUP, imagine that.

Don't you have a short memory?

http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/FTri...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••

Wildwood Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Wildwood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Wildwood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Wildwood
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••